Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake of the Woods (Rose Lake) Coldwater Michigan

Started by Bigbass201, November 10, 2019, 05:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

I don't know if any of you have fished this lake before, but it surprised my buddy and I.   We planned on fishing Lake Erie, but the winds didn't play nice and whipped up 23 foot waves out there!   We went inland and caught some bass and some Lake Erie sized walleye!  We had no idea that lake had walleye and they were that big in that lake.  Video link below if you want to join us for the day of fishing.  Click bottom right of video next to Rumble for full screen view.

https://rumble.com/vbgp7v-lake-of-the-woods-rose-lake-michigan-fishing.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe

dartag

Great video.   Made me shiver since I am in Florida for a couple week.   Keep them coming. 

Bigbass201

Man,  I wish I was in Florida!  lol   Expecting 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.  Still have some videos to pump out this winter.  Stored up some.

dartag

Where are you located.   In the spring we could do a video on my lake when the smallmouth are bedding.   I shoot underwater footage every year with my Go Pro showing they are not feeding but moving the bait off the bed.  Would be fun to combine your videos with some footage we could shoot underwater.  This is a sample of mine.   Sadly I will be home late next week.  Hopefully I can get a Hot Pond trip if before everything freezes up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QICG6kOAcs&t=8s

Bigbass201

Cool underwater video.  Those cinder blocks those smallmouth sure do like! ;D   I'm located in Northwest Ohio.  You may be home just a little late.  Bolles will most likely be frozen if they have calm nights.  It's possible someone might break the ice for you.   

I'm located in Northwest Ohio.  What lake did you do the video on?  Union would be my guess.  Wamplers use to have a decent population, but not so much anymore.  Devil's still has some swimming around.

dartag

Yes I live on Union Lake.   

Funny there is a video of us breaking ice way out past the breakwalls on a Hot Pond Adventure.  2 boats with 6 dummies that made it out and back.  Not my boat.  We did catch a lot of fish.   All I thought about all day was the bay freezing over and us being stuck.   Luckily it didn't.   That was when the lake was real low and you had to go way out.   I still got that route but I see guys running along shore.  I just follow the waypoints I have had for 10 years.   Hoping for a Black Friday trip.  We have done a couple of those.

Bigbass201

I had a feeling that was Union.  Jim and I have fished that a couple times.  I've only taken that short route to the hot pond a couple times.  You have to go about 40 yards past the rocks and make a sharp left and stay the course across.  You go out further than that and you'll hit bottom.  I had it gps in my old boat, but don't have it in this one.  So I go the same as you.  I head way out and line up the bridge in the background and make my way in to the hot pond. 

dartag

I may idle it on a calm day to see what the depth is.  Could also use my Ultrex and motor over.  It is less than a mile.

Bigbass201

You will run 4 to 6 feet the whole way.  The tricky part is how far to go from shore to go.

Bigbass201

From what I hear they fight very similar to the peacock bass in Florida.