Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Electronics that show you the Lure and Fish Behind it (Union Lake)

Started by Bigbass201, August 04, 2019, 06:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

I had the pleasure of fishing with a good friend Brad Jones.  He has these electronics called Livescope.  You can cast out and see your lure coming in.  If there is fish behind your lure you can see how it reacts to it.  Pretty amazing technology.  I would love to see this in action on Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair.  This particular day we fished Union Lake in Michigan.  Click the video link below then click the bottom right of the video next to Rumble for full screen view.

https://rumble.com/vbgmj7-union-lake-michigan-bass-fishing.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe

dartag

21XDC

Quote from: dartag on August 04, 2019, 07:41:42 AM
Great video.  Which Union Lake is that.

Obviously you didn't watch the video... He tells you it's just over the state line in Michigan south of Coldwater...   

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Watched it at 5:00 am with no sound.   Sorry for my ignorance.    I seem to disappoint you an lot lately.  I know the fix. 

21XDC

You are not disappointing me... I think it's a DOH moment though...  :P

Someone takes the time to record and post a video with lots of info, Then gets asked about the info provided. It's not a 1hr documentary LOL...

Kind of like going to the zoo and then ask where are the animals...  ::)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

21XDC

Also just an FYI... If you click the little gear symbol on the bottom of the video, You can watch a video at 2X speed and take a 10 min vid to 5 min... That is what I do a lot...

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Bigbass201

Quote from: dartag on August 04, 2019, 07:41:42 AM
Great video.  Which Union Lake is that.

That's one just north of Coldwater Michigan.  I've fished the other one too.  That's a nice one for smallmouth.  Probably do video on that one in the near future.

WayneC

Hey dartag:

Thanks for taking one for the team...lol.

I'll hurry up and run downstairs to do something, then stand there and can't remember what was so darn important. I used to have someone around to remind me that I wasn't doing everything just right...I do miss her though.

It does make me think of a possible future thread where:

"A 9 pounder was just caught on Round Lake."
"Which Round Lake?"
"The Round Lake in Michigan, of course!"
"How was I supposed to know that?"
"You can tell by how the sun hits the lateral line...has to be Michigan."
"Yeah, but what county?"
"It's in a county, yes."
"I count four Round Lakes in Michigan. Which one?"
"The one where the 9 pounder was just caught."

Anyway...It looks like we have:

6 - Mud Lakes
18 - Long Lakes
8 - Silver Lakes

...and so on.

One thing for sure...I'll be turning my hearing aid to listen to videos from now on. Don't want to miss a thing! :)

djkimmel

There's a LOT more than 4 Round Lakes in Michigan! What were you thinking?!? ;D I think there's something in the 1865 state charter that every county has to have at least 1 Round Lake. Fun fact: before that, every county had to have at least 1 Union Lake (at least from 1861 until 1865). I'm thinking many of them were changed to Round Lake after 1865...

For this thread, I'd say we could resolve the Union Lake 'problem' by calling them Stumpy Union Lake or Deep Union Lake? How does that sound? I've always wanted to fish Stumpy Union Lake but never made the long drive. Almost one day. Don't recall what happened to cancel the trip. Was a long time and a different friend ago.

Of course, the REAL problem is... no one has any time anymore. Everyone is too busy. Except, then why did Vine die? You'd think 6 or 8 second videos would be the bomb these days since people don't even have the energy and time to stop for red lights or use their turn signals...?? Maybe we're just a conflicted race. Always saying we want one thing but secretly happy from the opposite?

Or maybe we all just need to go fishing more often?!? I'm going to try that!! :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

PS: takes one to know one... don't forget that ever when someone points out your 'doh' moment...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

I think I had counted 48 Silver lakes in MI years ago...
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

djkimmel

That sounds more like it. Wonder why there aren't a bunch of Gold lakes though? You'd think the fishing would be even better?!?

I'm not going to try to count how many Round Lakes! Think I even remember seeing a county or two with multiple Round Lakes!?!

Bigbass201

Through all the laughs of this thread, I've actually learned something too.  I knew there were couple Union lakes and more than one Round and Silver lake.  I just didn't realize how many of them there are!  Just put me in the dim category too. 

Side note.  I took my 9 year grandson out of Sterling State Park Saturday morning.  The biggest thing with kids is to make sure they have fun.  We did have fun!  I taught him to junk fish.  He caught plenty of sheephead, and other junk fish.  Plus caught two bonus walleye.  One came on a lipless crankbait and the other on a blade bait. 

The DNR was waiting for us at the ramp.  They had a clean off station for your boat after you pulled out.  It was pretty cool.  They hosed it off and all you did is listen to them educate people on invasive species and how they attach to your boat and trailer.  They gave my grandson some cool gifts also. He got some posters, ball cap, and some other things.  He thought that was so cool and wondered if they always did that when you went fishing.  I told him that's the first time that's happened when I've went fishing.  That made it all the more cool for him. 

dartag

Good to see they are doing something.  Wolverine lake by us has a tank with some kind of liquid and a spray tank and hose.  The lake is overrun with Stony and other nasty weeds.  The Stony is always bright green.   I fill a gallon jug a couple times a summer and spray my boat every time I come home.   

Bigbass201

Quote from: dartag on August 13, 2019, 07:16:34 AM
Good to see they are doing something.  Wolverine lake by us has a tank with some kind of liquid and a spray tank and hose.  The lake is overrun with Stony and other nasty weeds.  The Stony is always bright green.   I fill a gallon jug a couple times a summer and spray my boat every time I come home.

I heard Wolverine was a decent bass lake, but I don't think I want to go there if it's dealing with that.  Maceday is another one that I've heard some good things about.

djkimmel

Was it the DNR or the DEQ? Or maybe both? Though now the Dept. of Environmental Quality is called (as of the new Governor) the EGLE (Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy). EGLE is the lead agency for invasives overall.

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on August 19, 2019, 09:54:32 AM
Was it the DNR or the DEQ? Or maybe both? Though now the Dept. of Environmental Quality is called (as of the new Governor) the EGLE (Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy). EGLE is the lead agency for invasives overall.

Wolverine is governed by the City of Wolverine Lake.  They have there own Police boat and 2 weed harvesters.  Very shallow and muddy.  Bass fishing is pretty good.  Lots of small pike.  The good thing is it is no wake till 11am and after 7:00 pm.   Some grouchy dock owners.   

Maceaday is a Deep Clear lake with Huge bass you will see but hardly catch.   I have seen 18lb bags and 7 pound bags in 3 hour tournaments.   The neat thing is it is one of the few lakes they still plant Splake in.  There are some 8-12 pounders in there.   Guys catch them in the late fall on blades and traps.

Bigbass201

Thanks for the info on Woverine Lake and Maceday.   Much appreciated.

Far as it being the DNR at the ramp.  I'm not sure.  The material received was all DNR material.  Young lady's (Students) washed the boat while an elderly lady talked about the invasive creatures while they washed.