Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sanford/Wixom Lake week night tournaments

Started by Big dreams, April 09, 2014, 07:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjmpv22

I usually fish with Tom (gmetime24) being that I don't have a boat but if he was unable to make or he wanted to bring someone else and one of you other guys didn't want to fish solo I would love to partner up and get one of your boats.

kram1982

That sounds good to me as well, more of a social thing where we can just meet up and fish and have fun. Doesn't matter to me if money is involved or is a tournament, I just like being out on the water and having fun fishing. Hang out for a bit after, have a beer, that sounds like a good time to me.

Big dreams

Yes sir.  Sometimes the tournament aspect as well as secrecy takes away from fishing being fun.  Tom and myself are not shy about saying what worked and what did not.  With that said, I would like to propose we put some dates on our calendars for two days a month.  That way it wont feel like a hastle to go each week and we will have it on our schedule so we know to look forward to it.

I propose:

Wednesday evening events from 6 pm until 9 pm (9:30 if enough light)
June 11th and 25th
July 16th and 30th
August 13th and 27th
September 10th and 24th

$20 per boat (optional) or (bragging rights :)  which ever we decide at the ramp
5 fish limit
We will weigh the fish in a bag using a hand scale
Alabama rigs are allowed  ;D

Secret sharing following each event

What do you all think?

gmetime24

Those should work for me. June 25th is the only day I know for sure I can't make

kram1982

Most of them work well for me as well. I am also unavailable on June 25th, will be leaving for camping on the 26th at Mullett Lake so will be getting everything packed up for that, and also July 30th I will be camping down at Algonac State Park on the St. Clair River and fishing LSC for a few days. Everything else sounds good. We could also get together some Wednesday evening coming up here in May and just get together and meet everyone and just go out for some catch and release fun. May 14th would be a good day for me and pending weather I was already planning on going to Sanford that day.

Big dreams

Quote from: kram1982 on April 11, 2014, 02:01:35 PM
Most of them work well for me as well. I am also unavailable on June 25th, will be leaving for camping on the 26th at Mullett Lake so will be getting everything packed up for that, and also July 30th I will be camping down at Algonac State Park on the St. Clair River and fishing LSC for a few days. Everything else sounds good. We could also get together some Wednesday evening coming up here in May and just get together and meet everyone and just go out for some catch and release fun. May 14th would be a good day for me and pending weather I was already planning on going to Sanford that day.
That sounds good.  I hope to have my boat ready to roll by then.  I will plan on being on Sanford on the 14th.  Looking forward to meeting you guys.

jjjmpv22

June 25th is a no go for me as well all the rest look good to me. Now I have to go back to being nice to gmetime24 so he will let me fish off his boat

Coop

I checked the dates and I should be good to go for some of them. I will be bringing out my 6 year old boy with me on a few of the nights if that's ok with you guys. Which I'm sure it is. Lol! I'm also definitely good to go on May 14th as well. And whoever is gonna be on Sanford opening weekend, also let me know because I will be there both Saturday and Sunday. As a matter of fact I drove by Sanford today and stopped into the Beach to take a look. Ice is pretty much gone in the whole lake with the exception of portions of the east side both north and just south of the 10 bridge. I walked out on the docs at the launch and so far the clarity of the water is not so bad, especially for Sanford this early. I know the rain will determine things though.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

Last year the clarity on Sanford was zero.  That remained true for a good portion of the summer.  Not sure about spring.

Since not many can make the June 25th, do you want to reschedule that date or skip it?

gmetime24

I should be able to make that may 14th day as well. As for the June 25th day I'm ok either way, skipping it or trying to reschedule.  It would have to be the Wednesday after the 11th for that to work for me. I also noticed July 16th is my birthday but I still might be able to make that one

gmetime24

Coop- I will be on Sanford probably Saturday and possibly Sunday depending how we do during opening day. I will be in a white and blue sea ray with a platform and pedestal seat built on the front. Also have a bow mount minn kota and will probably be with 2 other guys. If you see me come say hello

Coop

Will do! U guys move all over the lake or usually in a certain section? I will be in a black nitro z7 sport.. I will be by myself out there.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

gmetime24

Depends on what the water clarity might be like on the north end. Most likely I will be sticking to the main lake between US10 and the flats

Coop

Ok. I plan on checking the north lake in the AM. Then headed back to main lake.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

Lets not plan on the 25th and skip that date.  The other dates are legit though. 

Also, even if we wanted to alternate between Sanford and Wixom, we couldn't.  Wixom is scheduled to be dropped 8-12 feet beginning in June and coming back up in September.

Big dreams

Quote from: Big dreams on April 14, 2014, 12:20:54 PM
Lets not plan on the 25th and skip that date.  The other dates are legit though. 

Also, even if we wanted to alternate between Sanford and Wixom, we couldn't.  Wixom is scheduled to be dropped 8-12 feet beginning in June and coming back up in September.
Not sure if anyone is interested but the website for tracking the Wixom Lake Dam Project is www.wixomlakeassociation.org

If you go there, they do have conflicting information.  On the main page, it has a link to "Wixom Lake Draw Down Update" and it states the work is postponed a year until September 2014.  At the top of the page there is a link to "News or Reviews" and that states the draw down will be June-August 2014.  Once says 4 feet and one says 8 feet. 

I will try contacting a board member to see if they can provide any updates or accurate information.  Right now, it is set up for either of the two options above.

Coop

Who's all in for the dates provided above? Just wanted to make sure we had enough. Also where we going out of? Park or Blue Store?
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

gmetime24

I'm still in too. I say we stick with the blue store ramp

rustydog