Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How about that? Zona and KVD on LSC.

Started by Mike S., January 05, 2013, 04:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

What a way to start the new season. That's why I love that show. Lots of Michigan bassin. Let's just hope we get a day that calm in May.

mikesmiph

Missed it last night. It replays at 9am today (Saturday). I'll be there.

fiker

It's neat to watch a show and know the areas that they are in. The ole nine mile tower just sticks right up there doesn't it?

The biggest thing I learned was while watching KVD use a jerk bait.  I've never pulled the bait so far on each jerk as he does.  His pauses were also real short.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

mikesmiph

Don't tell me the end, you'll ruin the suspense. I bet the butler did it. LOL

todd postill

one of his best episodes by far besides when he did northern lakes last year.you spend so much time concentrating on what one is doing  you miss the other guy fishing.thank you dvr so i can watch multiple times.

gmetime24

I got this one at home on the DVR. Can't wait to watch it

dartag

they must have finished in Muskamoot or Goose bay for it to be that calm. 

Mike S.

I too noticed how KVD fished the jerkbait. Boy have I got some learning to do.

One of the first things I noticed was the 9 Mile tower. I told my wife I've been there, but she just gave me the stupid boy look. I also figured that they ended at Muskamoot. I had a good day there with Goetsch once. It is very neat to lay in my warm bed o. The west side and see waters I have fished. Way to go Zona.

gmetime24

I finally got a chance to watch the episode and what a great show. I know how you feel Mike, as soon as I saw where they launched I told my wife that's where I dropped my boat in on St. Clair. She looked at me like, ya looks like any other ramp I've ever seen.  I thought it was kool anyways.

KVD fished that jerkbait like I have never seen before but I gotta say for all the shows I watched with KVD on them I never really saw him pitch with a finese technique like that

Firefighter Jeff

I don't have the outdoor channel, but did see Zona's preview clip.  Where do you think they were fishing those reeds???  Is that in Muskamoot???  I've never been in there.  Think I remember seeing pencil reeds in Anchor bay years ago when I fished it for th first time.

Mike S.

I THINK that was Muskamoot. I've been there once, and it was just like that. Fishing was good too.

fiker

It looked to me like they launched at Crocker Rd..   Then later we see them coming back north with the Nine Mile Tower in the background. 

I've only been in Muskamoot once. That's where it looked like to me they were at the end.  I'm not positive though.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Firefighter Jeff

Definitely the crocker launch.  One of these days I'm gonna get brave and follow someone in to Muskamoot, but shoot, there may not be enough water next spring.  :(

Mike S.

You've got to get a Skeeter so you can go really fast!!  Lol!!

djkimmel

Glad to see you all liked the show. KVD is still a machine with a jerkbait but he does fish many other ways. I like Z catching walleye and rock bass!!

Can you imagine the challenge of having to go head-to-head with The KVD?!? ;D Z seems to hold his own though!

Maybe we should stir up some stuff telling Z Friday how AWESOME Kevin's seminars where today?!? ;D

The show reminds me once again that we are so lucky to have so much good clean water with lots of habitat and forage! It also reminds me about how well someone could do auctioning off fishing spots on the web (until someone whacked him anyway)!! I saw the link about the ex-girlfriend who auctioned off her ex-boyfriend's fishing spots and made $3,000!!!  :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

It does sound like we might get a little different variety in fishing spots this year on ZONA's Awesome Fishing Show but I expect at least one more really good Michigan show!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I wish I could be at the fishing show today to meet Zona. I have never gotten to talk to him. I'm sure it would be quite a conversation.

djkimmel

It was! As always! The Ultimate Fishing Contest was funny! I think I embarrassed myself but I'm not sure...

Z even spent some time in the GreatLakesBass.com booth for a couple stories and some pictures. Fun day. I hope his schedule allows a return in the future.

dartag

Hook and Look last week was about the same format.  Bed fishing in shallow water reed beds. 

todd postill

last week jvd also did a show on pro team journal on st clair.  it was around late summer i believe. awesome to see our local waters. shaw grigsby and joe thomas also do a lot of taping in northern lakes.