email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With a new season approaching  (Read 681 times)

TimH

• GLBass Champion
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
With a new season approaching
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »

With many of us taking to the water tomorrow for the 1st time this season, I wanted to post a Blessing of the Boats for those who might be interested.

Eternal Father, who created the seas and the great waters of this good earth, we come here today to ask your blessings on us who find joy and serenity in running before the winds of your warm Presence. As we regard the beauty of your sunsets, may we thank You for eyes to see. As we hear the sounds of the wind and the waves, may we thank You who gave us ears to hear. And as we embrace the invigorating air, may we thank the God who gave us taste and smell to appreciate the good things in life. Create and maintain among us cheerfulness and a good ship's spirit in all we do both ashore and afloat. Grant Fair weather in all our voyages and always bring us safely to port.
We pray in Your name. Amen.

Dear God, we commend to your gracious care the vessel known as ___________. May your blessing be on this good craft and all who sail in her. Bear her on with favorable winds and deliver her from harm upon the waters. Amen.

Fishermans Prayer
I pray that I may live to fish.......
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Genie

• www.MyFishingLogs.com
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Stop wishing and get fishing ...
  • View Gallery
    • MyFishingLogs
Re: With a new season approaching
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »

Amen
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.MyFishingLogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »

AMEN!!!  I also want to add , Lord, let everyone's boats be safe on the road tomorrow morning as well. This boy will be very careful when he pulls his boat tomorrow. Not looking for a repeat of last opening morning. I will also keep my eyes peeled for fire trucks and crazy chicks in red Blazers.

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

AMEN!!!  I also want to add , Lord, let everyone's boats be safe on the road tomorrow morning as well. This boy will be very careful when he pulls his boat tomorrow. Not looking for a repeat of last opening morning. I will also keep my eyes peeled for fire trucks and crazy chicks in red Blazers.

LOL!  Just paid my premium for the season... send the crazy chick my way!

Stay safe everyone!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »

Oh, I can definitely arrange that. She's dating my buddy. If anyone on here drives down Apple Ave., you are at risk.

huston

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »

Thank You very much for those words of wisdom. Amen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge