email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you take the challenge?  (Read 6396 times)

Firefighter Jeff

Re: Would you take the challenge?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »

I would just concentrate on having a good day on the water. No competition. I personally, am going to work on opening day. I am going to do everything possible to avoid a repeat of last year's opening day.......a Blazer parked in the back of my Nitro, before I got to the lake.

Yeah, but it got you a new rig didn't it???  The glass is half full Mike !!  :)

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 04:33:48 AM »

It sure did. But, there was a period of over a month where I had no boat, and I had to fight and argue with the insurance company. What a head ache.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

Yeah... I imagine the 'glass' was empty for a while there and then maybe it was half full or more later? Glad you made it through the headache to the better end result. I've been there with the outboard knockoffs twice. Hoping the 2nd time was the last time!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »

....... I used to fish with a guy who every single time out was a big 'who caught the most' competition. I got pretty tired of it after a while. Once in a while is fine and fun, but every single time out?? Nah...

Omg. I fished with a guy once who counted every fish, even 8 inchers, and announced his sponsor out loud !!!! No one was around !!  When he got to 35, I bent the rod with my 10th, but it was 5 lbs, followed by 5 more all the same size or bigger.  So I ended with 16 to his 36, but he ended up taking pictures holding all my fish..... So my question is, who won ?

More important, what does it matter ?

So I guess, unless you have a tournament scale and there is a ranking, it's all fun fishing, and competing during fun fishing seems ... Well .... y'know  ???

I think reaction is like riding a bike, you don't lose it, but having all you're equipment tuned is crucial. It seems the first few times out I miss spots when I cast, catch the rope on a dock, and that's where he is getting his advantage - knocking the ol rust off.  I still say go for it. Short story is, I guess it wouldn't be bad to go to his lake, so long as you get to pick the next lake.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:36:49 PM by Mojo »
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

UAWBigDog

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

It's all about QUALITY, not QUANTITY.     8).        I would rather have a dozen 3 to 5lbers to your 50 thirteen inchers.

BD.                      ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:23:24 AM by UAWBigDog »
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Big dreams

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »

It is hard to compete with very little ranking structure.  Pictures don't do fish justice.  Without keeping the fish out of the water for extended periods of time measuring and weighing, it would be tough.  Plus like some of you have said, that just isn't fun.  I think we will wait until after the spawn.

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

ok - it sounded like you were concerned about your reflexes more than the actual get together anyway. I hope you and your bud get out early and often (legally) and enjoy the comradre of fishing sooner than later !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge