Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

hypothetically speaking....

Started by thedude, March 23, 2011, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

you could print this up and take it with you fishing in march and april to prove you're not fishing for bass.

http://www.lurenet.com/productdetail.aspx?id=KTK1
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Skulley

Good point however there is always that DNR officer that does know that some of these lures will catch bass.  I guess you would have to have this picture and have these lures in the boat as I know most of us due.  Good point.

BD                                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Probably have to be on a lake with trout in it. 

If you are fishing from a bass boat on a lake with bass in it using bass tackle he might know what you are doing.

been on Union Lake 26 years and don't think I have ever seen a CO in the spring.   They are do a lot of checking at Proud Lake after they release the trout in the huron.

The way it is going we will have ice until April 30 anyway.

Dougdad

They have to prove you are targeting bass, some in the boat might get one in trouble.  I have caught alot of gills, perch and crappie on small bass lures and alot of bass while fishing with leaf worms for pan fish and trout.  Last I knew they were not picky if they are hungry and the bait is handy.
Big or small they are all fun,  Take a kid fishing.!!!

djkimmel

That looks like a finesse bass kit to me...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

1javelin

I've always wanted to say I'm not targeting any species, I'm just fishing for whatever happens to bite my lure. I don't think that would necessarily work though. I have a lot of work to do and school until the end of April, so I will just try to go to Indiana a time or two and avoid breaking the law. I did take the boat out locally the other day to see how it ran, make sure there weren't any problems. Now I have to replace a livewell pump and the hoses for the livewell, take the motor to get it tuned up and probably have the timing and idle adjusted, and I still have to replace the bunks on the trailer, the lights on the trailer, the winch on the trailer, and get everything to run and attach my new Humminbird units. I hate being broke all the time. Anybody want to donate some time to motor repair, or bird installation? Make life a lot easier for me!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Fishmael

I have caught so many crappie using jerkbaits, it's not even funny.  Two years ago, caught a master angler quality 14 1/2 crappie on a 5 1/2 inch rogue.  If you tie feather tails on it, they jump all over it.

Eric

Bring it up and I'll do the birds. 

There!  This thread has officially been hijacked.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

huston

1jav, I installed all that HB stuff on my ASTRO and it wasn't that difficult but it was time consuming. Installing the thru hull and the shoot thru transducers was the tough part working in such a confined space. Also, converting your old Waypoints with HB PC was a little confusing, but I got that done too. If you wire the the power wires to the HB's backwards, the units will not work but  will not be damaged. Just reverse the wires. Still have not been on the water to look at them and still need to get use to them. The boat is in the garage.

markwe1

What is the penelty for "bass fishing out of season" with no bass in the boat? what proof would there be?

Is there a law that states you can not posses a med/hvy rod with a crank tied to it?

gmetime24

I have no idea what the law actually states. What I do know is that I have caught crappie, rock bass and the occasional big bluegill on my bass lures. When it comes down to it I feel you can catch many species on a bass lure. How could they ever prove what you are out trying to target. Many states don't even have this stupid law and there are facts that it does not hurt the spawn as long as you catch and immediate release.

djkimmel

Last time I reviewed every single state that has bass (Alaska is the only exception - no bass) there were only 6 states with any broad closed bass season. Only 4 or 5 states that had any kind of statewide closed season.

The law is the same for all game fish in Michigan, you cannot take or attempt to take a game fish that is not in season. Up to the conservation officer to determine if he/she feels you are attempting to take bass.

It doesn't really happen often in Michigan if you aren't keeping them, but they can ticket you if they see you catch bass, especially repeatedly and believe you are trying to. Depends on each individual circumstance (and probably attitude).

I don't like regulations either that are questionable as to need especially if they could allow more recreation by more people which helps everyone; and/or if the regulation is just begging to lead to bias or can be misused or mishandled easily - such as when fishing out of a bass boat for anything that is open on any lake or river that also has bass, or fishing with a 'known' bass lure that actually catches all kinds of fish, some of which are in season.

I realize there are snakes out their who abuse any regulation when they think they can get away with it, but the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer loss of recreation we could be enjoying because of a few bad apples.

This is not a dead issue. Just needs a few organized, dedicated persons with some time to take charge again.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.