Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2 Questions

Started by Duke Fishing, March 05, 2011, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Fishing

Just wanted to know if anybody had any opinions about Cabelas AGM deep cycle batteries.  I need to get two new batts for trolling motor this year and I am thinking about the Cableas AGM.  I run 24 volt minnkota trolling motor.

Also, thinking about picking up new reel.  Looking at Bass Pro Pro Qualifer bait cast reel.

Any opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

MadWags

I ahve no experience with the Cabelas brand battery.
I have been using the West Marine brand and have had good luck with those.
As far as BPS reels, I bought two of the Carbonlite baitcasters last year and I am very
pleased with how they performed. I like the dual breaking system.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Bender

I have two of the Cabela's AGM batteries for my TM. I got the Group 27s because they are 62.5 pounds compared to 84 pounds for the Group 30. I've been very happy with them and I've had them for about 2 1/2 seasons. I fish a lot so they get a good workout and have never let me down. My TM also does not have the "maximizer" circuitry so it tore through my old batteries pretty quickly. I see that they are now on sale in the Bargain Cave on Cabela's website and I would say they are a steal at $145 considering I paid $190 for each.

I've heard only good things about the Pro Qualifier reel although I don't have one. I do have a Carbonlite and really like it even though it has seem minimal use.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Duke Fishing

Thanks guys, appreciate the info.  I ordered the pro qualifer a few minutes ago.  I'll let you know how it works out.  It also has dual braking and I only heard good things about it.  I usually buy higher end reels/rod combos only but with needing new batts this year the wallet is already getting a workout.  Not to mention, who knows where gas prices will be this summer.  Thats also why I am looking into the agm's.  The price on those is pretty good so I figure I will probably give them a go.  I am going to try to wait until cabelas send me one of those spend 200.00 get 50 back slips.  Does anybody know when they are doing there big spring fishing expo?  I know bass pros is going on now (also why I bought pq reel now too is was marked down 20 bucks)  .

Thanks,

Duke

Waterfoul

Deka makes our West Marine batteries, and we've had very good luck with the AGM models, as well as with our standard deep cycles.

I believe Deka also makes Cabella's batteries.

Bear in mind, that if you go with AGM style batteries, you will have to have a charger that is rated to charge AGM style batteries.  Not all chargers are suited to do this.

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Duke Fishing

Thanks again, I will check on my onboard to make sure it is suitable for charging AGMs.  Hopefully it is.  I heard really good things about DEKA batts so if they make Cabelas Brand then I should do pretty good with them.