Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:20:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Calling all Triton owners

Started by Big dreams, March 02, 2011, 07:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

I have heard that some Triton boats have fuel smell in the rod lockers.  I was wondering if anyone here has come across this in their boat.  Also, do any of the boats on the market today have lights around the inside of the boat for low light fishing?

BgD

markgoetsch

My triton does have a slight gas smell but nothing like what some people have mentioned.  As for lights the triton has those as well in compartments and on the council.  Overall love my triton and someday I hope to get a bigger/newer one.

Big dreams

Not sure why the gas smell would make it that far up in the boat.  How about stress cracks?  I have heard that Tritons tend to have a lot of stress cracks.

BgD

markgoetsch

I don't have any stress cracks yet and its had two full years on either erie or st. clair 5 days a week!

Waterfoul

I too get a little gas smell in my rod locker.  BUT, there is never any gas in the bilge or any where else in the boat.  So I can say for sure that it's not leaking.  I honestly don't care what it smells like in the rod locker... I'm not getting in there!!  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MBell

I've had an 02' TR-185 and an 09'  20x3 pro.  The 02' had a slight gas smell when the cover was on, my 09' has none.  This was a known issue in certain years and models, and triton fixed it.  Check out bass boat centrals triton board, someone there can steer you in the right direction.  There is a fix for the gas smell posted on there. 
-Matt

Big dreams

BassBoatCentral does have a lot of good information.  Thanks for the tip. 

At this point in time, I am not sure which brand to look for.  Triton, Ranger and Champions all seem great.  The Skeeter owners seem to love their rigs.  I have also heard great things about Stratos.  There are too many choices!

BgD

TritonTR20

Have a TR20 and never had any smell in and of the boxes. Very happy with the boat.

bassinman#1

I have a TR-186 2005 model and do have a gas smell all the time in every compartment except the back where it holds all the pumps, oil container and batteries. I thought that was normal, but now I am worried.

Waterfoul

Quote from: bassinman#1 on March 05, 2011, 03:09:25 PM
I have a TR-186 2005 model and do have a gas smell all the time in every compartment except the back where it holds all the pumps, oil container and batteries. I thought that was normal, but now I am worried.

No need to worry.  If you are not seeing gas in your bilge there's no leak.  I was told it was a venting issue... not a leaking issue, and I have 1997 model of your 186.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

ronhuntfish

QuoteI've had an 02' TR-185 and an 09'  20x3 pro.  The 02' had a slight gas smell when the cover was on, my 09' has none.  This was a known issue in certain years and models, and triton fixed it.  Check out bass boat centrals triton board, someone there can steer you in the right direction.  There is a fix for the gas smell posted on there. 
-Matt

What he said.  My 2000 has zero smell.  Was an issue with certain models/years.  Should be a non-issue with newer models.

motocross269

I won't hijack the thread and tell you to consider Bass Cat...But.... ;D

As far as lighting goes you can get some great lights from Blue Water LED for pretty reasonable if you need to add something on...That seems to be what most of the Southern Night time bass tourney guys use....They look cool also..

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: motocross269 on March 06, 2011, 07:08:04 AM

As far as lighting goes you can get some great lights from Blue Water LED for pretty reasonable if you need to add something on...That seems to be what most of the Southern Night time bass tourney guys use....They look cool also..

Speaking of Bass Cat......Does anyone know anything about the Super Dash electrical issue and is it possible to fix or is replacement the only option??? 
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Big dreams

I was wondering who made after market lighting for our boats.  Thanks for the info. 

BgD

motocross269

Quote from: ROI Outdoors on March 06, 2011, 03:46:11 PM

Speaking of Bass Cat......Does anyone know anything about the Super Dash electrical issue and is it possible to fix or is replacement the only option??? 

Bass Cat has a replacement dash for the Super Dash system...From what I have read it isn't too bad of an install and is fairly reasonable for around 300 bucks depending on what type of outboard you have...You can go to the Bass Cat website or give them a call and they can set you up....
The company that made the dash doesn't repair them anymore and it seems to me the analog dash swap is the most cost effective..

Strat200XL

bigdreams,

I have a 2006 Stratos 200 Pro Xl with a Yamaha 225 Vmax and have been amazed with how it handles big water and the speed of this boat is unreal.
The next one will deff be a new Skeeter with the new Yamaha SHO on the back of it. I live in South TX now and this is Skeeter country and I was selling them for a while and I feel that there is nothing on the water that can compete or even come close to what Skeeter is producing right now.
I know that other guys are not gonna agree with me but we are all entitled to our own opinions and for me Stratos is good but Skeeter is GREAT!!

BRITT HIGBY

peters_skeeter

That's crazy. When I got my skeeter zx200 last year, I thought there was a gas smell in the rod lockers and some of the compartments. I asked the dealer and I think he thought I was crazy. I couldn't tell whether it was gas or the epoxy from new fiberglass.  ??? Oh well, at 70mph you can't smell nothin.  8)
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

Big dreams

Quote from: Strat200XL on March 08, 2011, 09:28:35 PM
bigdreams,

I have a 2006 Stratos 200 Pro Xl with a Yamaha 225 Vmax and have been amazed with how it handles big water and the speed of this boat is unreal.
The next one will deff be a new Skeeter with the new Yamaha SHO on the back of it. I live in South TX now and this is Skeeter country and I was selling them for a while and I feel that there is nothing on the water that can compete or even come close to what Skeeter is producing right now.
I know that other guys are not gonna agree with me but we are all entitled to our own opinions and for me Stratos is good but Skeeter is GREAT!!

BRITT HIGBY

The guy I bought my old Champion from said his Skeeter was the wettest boat.  Stated he would get wet from Jet Skis.  That is why I never considerred them until now.  I hear a lot of great things about them.  My biggest thing is the beam.  I am a decent size guy and I hate dancing with the butt seat just to get around it.

BgD