Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Possible St. Clair ONLY club

Started by Revtro, January 28, 2011, 04:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Like Len, I've been considering a new club.  First, I LOVE the idea of the one man per boat club that Len is putting together.  I may opt to fish those, but let me toss this out there to see if anyone has an interest in partner tourneys.

I really loved the guys in my last club, but honestly I'm really wanting to spend my time on St. Clair.  I enjoy the occasional inland lake, but I'm so close to St. Clair that I would rather fish this amazing body of water.  I still really like the guys from the last club, but honestly there were times when I hated the whole "club thing" because any club does contain it's amount of hassles.  That is not a comment on the guys, they're all great.  I consider them my friends.  One issue was that many of the guys fish multiple clubs, which makes for pretty poor turnout at events because of all the schedule issues. 

So I proposing starting a weekly or monthly tournament club on St. Clair similar to the way the Kent Lake club operates.  Cheap entry, 100% payback, partners, etc. would be what I'd be interested in.  But I'd only want to do it if there was a fair amount of interest and at least 6 boats.  And I'd really like to figure out how to get better participation by perhaps getting entry fees paid up front at monthly meetings.  This is only a loose consideration.  I'm very much considering just doing NBAAs or maybe the club Len is starting.  That sounds cool also.  So if anyone has interest, let me know.  If not, that's no biggie.  Like I said, I'm very much up in the air about the whole thing.  I do miss the club, but I really do want to concentrate on St. Clair.  So if you have a passion for LSC like I do, let me know .  If no club gets started, maybe a few of us could at least get together and fish.  I plan to be out there a whole lot this coming season. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

I"m not much for the club idea Tom, but I do miss fishing with you.  Instead of "we'll do lunch" this summer, let's "do fish". 

We can do lunch afterwords.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

huston

I'm not in a club and the closest thing to a club for me has been GLB. I want to learn LSC in & Out. I fish for fun. I don't want to fish, if I don't have to especially on bad weather days. I just retired and hopefully I can spend more time on LSC. I do fish for other species besides bass so I do like a few inland lakes especially in Oakland County.  Ilive over near the Detroit Zoo, so 20 minutes to LSC or 30 minutes to an inland lake in Oakland County/ Genessee, or Livingston. Fishing is a fun experience for me and a way to relate to other fisherpeople.

fiker

@Huston  You may be interested in joining the Downriver Bass Association.   You can check out the web site to learn more.  If interested, you can IM me and I'll answer questions you may have.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390