Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Which brand has the widest beam?

Started by Big dreams, January 17, 2011, 10:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

My buddy Brett, who is BassinBero on here, bought an 03 Champion 196 last summer.  It is an awesome boat.  It is wide from bow to stern.  Front deck is ginormous on that thing.  Amazing ride.  Has a 200 Opti on it.  Not a real fast boat, but I was impressed with the ride, and the fact that the two of us can fish from the front and not get in each other's way.  We're pretty good sized guys.  Got it for $18,500.  I really like the Nitro Z8's.  I looked at one at D and R last year, and loved it.  I know a lot of people don't like the Nitro's, but mine is 15 years old, and Brett beat on it hard for 11 years, and I'm not easy on it myself, and she runs pretty good.  Rides better than some other newer boats I've been on.  Just my opinion on the ride, so nobody get mad.  The Z8 was very wide, and the front deck was huge.  Liked it.  But, it sounds like you're wanting the price of  the Champ I talked about, and the Z8 is nowhere near that.  Good luck man.

djkimmel

Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 19, 2011, 07:06:16 AM
Vince, are they calling the 183 and the 202 "Champion Series"??      ???   I was under the impression that the "Champion Series" for 2011 coming out of bankruptcy was only available in the 210 Elite.

BD.                               ;D

As pointed out above, you can check on the Stratos website to see they have the Elite 210, 202 and 183 models available. They are Champion hulls renamed to Stratos Elite being made in Flippin Arkansas at the Ranger factory complex along with Ranger, Stratos and Triton.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

As far as wood in Ranger boats, they switched over in 1999 to all fiberglass using ultra-high fiberglass to resin (70% fiberglass) pultrusion material in the 518 and then the rest of the 500 series VS for 2000. Some of the old R-Series boats were phased out between 2000 and 2003 into the new 185, 205, etc replacements for the R-Series, and those were done without wood also.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I test drove the Stratos Elite 202 down on Bull Shoals in December. It said Stratos Elite in one spot and Champion in another. Regardless of what it says or doesn't say on it, it was definitely a Champion hull. No mistaking the different way they ride from other hull designs.

torch laker

Skeeter has always had one of the largest usable decks by square inches in the industry