Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:54:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Had a blast at the show!

Started by jim 2row, January 15, 2011, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim 2row

Went Friday and got to meet some of the guys from the board. Dan, tbone, and capt. wayne. All the guys were stand up guys who i would love to fish with. I fish to the south 90% of the time but can see me starting to come towards st clair more next year. Thanks for the information you guys shared too. Jim

fiker

Like KVD said in his "special" session today.  "If I had to retire on one lake forever, it would be Lake St. Clair".

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Frank

I had half a blast at the show.  I stopped by the booth only for a couple of minutes.  Mainly I did what my 6 year old wanted to do, so I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I would have liked too.  Here are my highlights however:  I did get to see the KVD Q&A, I did get to say hi to a few of you.  I found a new company that makes titanium spinnerbaits.  Zipper worm will be making 10" worms for me in a month. And...
My partner, Brandon, barely made it onto the bobbing for trout list, but he did make it.  This is the 6th year of the contest in which you win a 2 night hotel stay and a 4 man chartered fishing trip.  The first 3 years were dominated by a guy named Dale from Canada.  2 years ago, in his first attempt, Brandon, using Dale's technique, won the tournament.  He won again last year.  This year, he tied at 3 seconds with some other guy.  They had a tie breaker.  The other guy goes 18 seconds after knocking over the whole bucket.  Brandon gets up and gets his fish in 2 seconds for his 3rd consecutive win.  This year we get a musky trip on Saint Clair.  But theres a new twist, we are dropping our 4th guy for the trip and we are taking Dale.  From now on, if one of them win, they have agreed to take the other.  Pretty cool idea I think.
I am kinda bummed that I didn't get to see more of you guys at the booth.  Also I really wanted to chat with Ralph at Wonderland Marine for a while but it didn't seem to be in the cards with my daughter there.  I'll have to drive the hour out there to see him I guess.  I did speak with God earlier this week and he told me that he really wants me to get a new boat, and who am I to disaggree with God.

Frank

dartag

Friday night seemed really quiet compared to last year. Probably because KVD was not there.  Did have fun talking and hanging out with guys I have not seen since last year.  Got some of the famous jig heads from Brian so I will have something to tinker with for a couple months.   Really wanted to see the Duckett and Grandt rods that I have heard so much about.  No one there representing them. Looked at every booth for an Ardent F700 flipping reel and could not find one.   The Pink combos and spinning reels with the light up spools seem more popular.   Did talk to the Lowrance guys about the new HDS-5 DI.

Think Spring

fiker

I talked with Bryan on Thursday.  There is a scheduling conflict of shows, and Grandt ended up at  show in New Jersey.  (at least I think that's what he told me, I don't hear so well in crowded situations. )
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Got Fish??

If it was not for all the greatlake bass people who showed up at the show. It might have been a bust! I had a great time and my family did to. Thanks Dan it was fun, can't wait for the OutDoorRama.

MadWags

I saw "Heavy D" and "Big Delicious" on Saturday.  ;D Purchased some baits from Scott at Revolution, McCarter at Nemesis, Mini at KD Outdoors. Said hi to DK and other familiar faces at the show. First time I have not had to work this show in 5+ years. Had alot of fun.

Grandt is in New Jersey. Their schedule is on their website.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

fuzzygrub1611

Best part of the show was meeting other members. I look forward to doing this again!!!

FOB

I saw "Heavy D" and "Big Delicious" on Saturday.   Purchased some baits from Scott at Revolution, McCarter at Nemesis, Mini at KD Outdoors. Said hi to DK and other familiar faces at the show. First time I have not had to work this show in 5+ years. Had alot of fun.

Sorry thing was I almost did not recognize you.  Not used to seeing you walk around.  Usually standing in a 8x20 space.

It is always great to see everyone at the start of the new year.  Just think, 68 days to launch!
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

MadWags

LOL! I didn't recognize myself after the beer girl got done with me. Did you see her pushing those beers on me? ;D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.