Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What "Saying" Drives you crazey?

Started by Durand Dan, January 06, 2011, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

Over the past year I have encountered a few phrases that I have heard numerous times. I know everyone has. The one that is on the top of my "Can't Stand" List is:

"Back in the Day"

I have heard this uttered by individuals as young as 12 years old!

Which one do you love?

McCarter

im not sure why, but when people say " i know, right" it drives me nuts

also, "today is the first day of the rest of your life"

McCarter himself :-\'

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

LAPORTE

" It is what it is "  I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that say it...  ;D
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

fiker

It depends on what I'm doing.

Watching Bass fishing shows these get me....

"NICE FISH, NICH FISH, He's a monster bass..."
"What a toad!"
"Busta"

When I'm just talking to some one.....

"  [sentence] Ya know. [sentence] Ya know. [sentence] Ya know."
"Know what ah mean?"
or the every popular young persons favorite.....like
" We were like talking he says, like, ya know, like when we didn't go, and then we like did to, and like, wow, it was like totally awesome."
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Only editors, publishers and a few weird television fishing people ever say, "that's a dandy!" Real people don't use that word. I remember an editor changed a submitted article I had in a Michigan magazine and he changed my wording to 'that's a dandy fish' - I didn't hear the end of it for a long time. I DON'T TALK THAT WAY!! An writers do not have the final say on their articles...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bassinman#1

I hate when people say " YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING "

bassinman#1

My wife wants to add one, ITS A MONSTER BASS, GET THE NET, ITS A BIG ONE!!!!! OOPS I THOUGHT IT WAS A BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firefighter Jeff

HEY  !!!      >:(     I may have used the word Dandy to describe a fish... once before  !!!!    lololol

djkimmel

Once is okay. Once! Just don't do it again.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

ROI Outdoors

The "GD's" and "JC's" make me want to call LAPORTE and have him drop by with his pistol - guess those aren't really "sayings" technically speaking or saying so to speak........

No offense to anyone who writes this "saying" but the overuse of "LOL" in texts and written communications should be banned for the remainder of 2011 - why is it just "LOL"?
Why not "PON" or "NLAA" - peeed Of Now and Not Laughing At All?  They seem like fair decriptions of occasional feelings but for some reason all we have is LOL......I wonder what percentage of people actually laughed out loud when using it - does a smile justify it's use or does one actually have to produce a sound that can be heard by others? 
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Duke

Duke

Victor Cerabone

"It is what it is".  I'm sooooo tired of that phrase.  Problem is, it's actually quite useful.  Any suggestions for a good replacement?

Skulley

What the heck does "it is what it is" mean??    ???    Can't stand that phrase.  Another is "that being said".  There are others that I just can't think of right now, but as I do I will chime in again. 

Quote from: Durand Dan on January 06, 2011, 08:30:57 AM
Over the past year I have encountered a few phrases that I have heard numerous times. I know everyone has. The one that is on the top of my "Can't Stand" List is:

"Back in the Day"

I have heard this uttered by individuals as young as 12 years old!

Which one do you love?

DD, this phrase doesn't bother me as much unless it is said by someone under 40 years old.  When someone under 40 says it, I often ask myself "How do they know what it was like "back in the day?""  DD, only us "old timers" over 50 know what it was like.  Essentially anyone under 40 who uses that phrase should be taken out back and have the s**t beat out of them.

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Some people study the past. I'm hoping, so they can finally stop repeating the same mistakes...

I think 'it is what it is' is a variation of 'if it quacks like a duck...' crossed with 'that's how the cookie crumbles'

EKennedy

I HATE...kids and adults who add "like" in every utterance.   

Also...even more grinding are those who say something..and then add "I'm just saying..." 

Grrrrrrr.

Almost worse...not actually pronouncing the "t" sound when it falls in the middle of words.  For example...

Button is pronounced BUH' IN.   and the city named Brighton...BRI ' IN.   SPEAK CLEARLY AND PROPERLY, PEOPLE.

Thank you.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

joshimoto son

i am now terrified to speak in front of any of yous guys

McCarter himself :-\'

ROI Outdoors

The overuse of the term "Pro Staff" has gotten so out of control that most don't even really know what it truly means........A Pro Staffer is a "Promotional Staffer" - professional is just slightly different from promotional so let's start actually typing the additional 8 letters so everyone can have much more clear expectations.

Then the one that makes me want to pistol whip myself when I here it or read is the old -

Guaranteed $5,000 1st Place Prize*

* - based on 500 paid entries, cows flying, and the world ending......

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

If you end a sentence with the word "at" I will correct you every time.

One that gets me every time at work is this:

"I drove all the way from (insert name of town less than 10 miles away) and you don't have it in stock??

All the way?  Shoot.  Remember the old commercials??  "Phone First!!"

And this one:

"It's on your website and you don't stock it in the store??"

Well, the store is only 6500 sq. ft. and there are over 180,000 different items on the website.  Hmmm... seems to be a small problem here.... SPACE!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!