Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 State Championship

Started by jcox7, December 14, 2010, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Waterfoul... I appoint you OFFICIAL REMINDER GUY!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jcox7

To funny......

Dan and Mike really thanks for the reminders.  I have been real busy and I am trying to stay on top a lot of different things going on.  The State Championship is going in the right direction we just want to make sure things are as good as they can be.  When dealing with townships we have to work at their speed and that is govt speed and we all know how long that can take (look at health care) =)  But as soon as I have it stuff will be emailed and then you or I or someone can get it up here ASAP.  Again thanks

Jeff Cox

LGMOUTH

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

djkimmel

Okay. You are Vice-OFFICIAL REMINDER GUY!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LGMOUTH

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Waterfoul

Sweet.  Together LGMOUTH and I promise to keep all TBF members apprised of the current lack of effort by the TBF officials in dealing with the speedy entity known simply as

Government

That is all for now.  Stay tuned for more updates... in the future... no not now.

Not now either.

Or now....

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

jcox7

Lack of effort HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djkimmel

Waterfoul, you are no politician. But you're still useful. ;D

Waterfoul

Jeff, while I appreciate all the "effort" you and the board have put into this years events, I just have to wonder what you do all day... no job and all.

Oh wait... dishes, laundry, dinner, vacuming, and milk in a sippy cup now and then.   ;D

And I am NO politician, that's for sure.  Though I think I would make a great governor for this great state of ours.  I have no problem telling people/groups/big business NO.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 11, 2011, 08:40:18 PM
Jeff, while I appreciate all the "effort" you and the board have put into this years events, I just have to wonder what you do all day... no job and all.

Oh wait... dishes, laundry, dinner, vacuming, and milk in a sippy cup now and then.   ;D

And I am NO politician, that's for sure.  Though I think I would make a great governor for this great state of ours.  I have no problem telling people/groups/big business NO.

and he's obviously not no father or u would know that u get none of that stuff done all day long........no dishe's,no laundry,eat out if some one wants "dinner".........nope,milk in a sippy and make sure the little rug rats don't hurt themselves is a full days worth of work i asure u of this ;D...but like any job,life has it's small rewards :)

Waterfoul

And one of those returns is in your avatar picture!!   ;D

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 12, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
And one of those returns is in your avatar picture!!   ;D

thats hilarious isn't it :D :D

we go fishing one day and of course madison (my daughter) like's to play with the camera........well to say i was laughing when i got home and downloaded the picture's is an understatement.....

hey jeff,is that federation stuff done yet,these guy's are on a tight schedule....they only got all winter yet :D ;D

jcox7

Mike,
Dont Hate you get to take care of the liitle babies that work for you all the time.  The next time one says they do not feel good and are not coming in just slap a sippy cup in their mouth and tell them to toughen up!!

Grass
Not yet but I heard that the campgrounds might even open next week???  I would think it is hard to negoitiate prices when they are closed for the winter??  No worries I am sure everyone will find a place to sleep!!

LGMOUTH

Waterfoul

Quote from: LGMOUTH on February 13, 2011, 12:34:20 AM
How about now?

Nope.  Jeff probably doesn't feel good after his trip to Ann Arbor yesterday and being forced by his son (who obviously has great taste in colleges) to watch the Wolverines win.  Again.

OK Jeff... put the sippy cup down and get to work.

jcox7

Ok so I got out of bed today and figured why not do some of this work so all you guys would well.....you know

The host resort is at Rivera Resort on Houghton Lake.  The contact information is (989) 366-5122 you can ask for Christina she would be the most helpful I am sure.  The prices are between 65-180 a night however the 180 a night studio has 2 bathrooms kitchen living room and two bedrooms it also sleeps 6 so all in all it is a good price if you share it with some others.  Also they do have areas that you can keep your boat in the water if you would like and that is free.  Just I am sure there is a limit to the space they have.

The weigh in will be held at the host resort so it might be nice to show your support to the Resort by staying there.  Christina is the owner of the resort and she is the one that is taking care of all of our needs while we are there that weekend.

The Host campground is wooded acres campground, they do have many options from just electric (yes you can plug your boats in on site.)to water, electric,septic all the goodies.  The base price that he has given us is a 20% discount as long as you tell them you are with the TBF of MIchigan fishing group.  The price for the site with electric is a little less than 25.00 a night.  There are only 40 sites that get this discount so please if you are going to stay there get it in.  The number is 989-366-5913, the gentlemans namen is Dave Cecil

They are putting together a dinner menu.  The township is going to feed us a nice catered dinner at the pre meeting.  If there are any suggestions of what they should feed us let me know.  But lets be realistic here please.

I will be sending out a flier next week to all with more info but feel free to pass this on to anyone that might need the info.

Also I have decided to have a contest:  The first person to get six members to sign up that were not members last year.  I will pay their entry fee, and if that member makes the state team I will pay your entry fee again next year!!  Could be worth 200 bucks!!!

Waterfoul

Jeff... just want to make sure it's clear.

Pre-meeting is Friday night June 3rd.  Tourney is Saturday June 4th.  I (and I'm sure many others) want to make sure I make reservations for the correct nights!!

And thanks for all the work you've done.  Very much appreciated.

mikesmiph

WOW, I finally called one right. I've had my reservations in at the Riviera for several weeks already. Its really a great place to stay guys. I've been there many times.

Waterfoul

We'll be in my new tent!  But just like last year... I'm just not sure how I am going to possibly make the Friday night meeting.  I have to work all day Friday to have Saturday off...

jcox7

Just call me we will make something work.  But I heard the dinner is going to be one not to miss!!