Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL Regional KY Shapes up

Started by Mojo, October 03, 2010, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

If you are making your way down to KY, Where are the right places for us to stay ?

Is there a good way to match up boaters and coanglers if boaters need someone to split gas money during practice ? I can help if you the boater needs this. PM me.

Also for those who have been down there before, is there a part of town with good food - part of town to avoid etc ???

Thanks in advance for any help or PMs.

Mike
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

MadWags

Your screwed. No matter what county you are in.... IT'S DRY!  LOL!LOL!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Mojo

tell ol T K  we need another bottle of his spiced 'shine'. OMG that would warm the worst cold fronts !

Team houston

I would just show up at the ramp and ask guys by themselves if you can practice with them. Also when I was there about six years ago there was a place called something like "the kettle pot" or "iron kettle" that had great home cooked food. Maybe someone can remember the correct name.

River Walker

I just got home from the NBAA Fall Classic this past weekend.Definitely would highly recommend The Moors Resort,great rooms and a great little restaurant on the premises.They have two good ramps also that are located about 6 miles down the lake from KY Dam.I also would highly recommend doing any last minute tackle shopping at Fisherman's Headquarters.It's a Bass Pro Shop,and they have absolutely everything you could possibly want,or need from traditional stuff to the hot local stuff.As was already mentioned it's a dry county,so best to bring your own drinks.The fishing(at least for us)was outstanding,but you will go through dozens of 14.5" bass looking for the 15's.

Team houston

Where abouts is Fishermans Headquarters?

River Walker

In Draffenville,which is near KY Lake Dam.

SethV

Good luck guys.

Wish I was going...

Mojo

Just  found a ol friend to  practice with who is Strong with them green fish. GLB is the greatest bass website !!

ALso - I looked into Moors and it looks really nice. I will stay there. Have space Thursday night and Friday night (if I am so fortunate to need to stay Friday night).

MadWags

Don't forget to throw that Meth -i-o-late! ;D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

McCarter

djkimmel

nong. I think it's scuppernong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuppernong

Scumpernogg sounds like a good color too though...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

I bet I draw a partner who has a 16 ft Bass-O-Matic, ............. with a 75 Johnson ..... electric choke

Mc Carter - You need to mix me up that special color for KY ..... what was it called again ? The one that got me soooo High in the standings ?

Team houston

Looks like some tough fishing. 48 boater zeros and 70 cos zeroed day 1 of the Regional going on this week out of the North end of Barkley.

River Walker

Be careful when you guys get down there,the water is extremely low,you have to stay between the markers.The center of KY Lake is very shallow,I hit bottom a couple of times.You also have to watch early in the morning,every day we fished last week there was heavy fog early on,and some of the locals down there will still run 50mph or more,even in the heavy fog.I just heard that a co-angler got killed yesterday because somebody was running full blast in the fog and didn't see the boat he was in.I just spoke with a friend who lives in Gilbertsville,and he told me the sad story,again please be careful.

djkimmel

I've only been there a few times this time of year. The water is always down about the same amount and even places outside the markers that the maps seem to show as deep enough are not. I almost made a mistake in one place that should have been about 10 feet deep according to the map, but was actually about 15" deep. Only providence kept me from hitting.

It was also really tough each time I went down there, but there are spots holding a bunch of bass. The trick is to get the 15 inchers to bite from within the 14 3/4 as you pointed out earlier. You definitely need to be persistent down there.

As far as running in the fog and other crazy stuff of questionable value that some people do in the name of competition - NO tournament is worth one life. NONE. I wish there was a way to inject that into every competitor before the morning blastoff each day. I just trolling motor into some protected corner and wait it out. And even then I'm nervous. Seen too many bugged out morning blastoff cases over the years.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Just a note - there is a hotel or two that are in areas worse than east detroit and have had a bunch a gear stolen ... The Moors hotel we are at has guarded gated security, boat slips and storage with recharge capability, and I'll have a room and couches open Thursday and Friday night....... Look it up online and PM me when you get time.