Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open Forum Members Tournament - tentative

Started by djkimmel, May 21, 2006, 03:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Looks like Saturday 9/23/06 will be the event date.

Wixom Lake, S Gladwin County is the number one choice although the vote is much closer.

Can anyone up in that area tell me about launches other than the MDNR ramp to hold a 20 or less boat event? I'm looking for a backup location or a better alternative to the MDNR ramp if necessary.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

not to confirm or anything yet, but have a club tournament sunday (neppessing). anyone know the distance/time from wixom area to if i was to stay over saturday nite or somewhere close to vicinity of lake. trying to conserve gas/miliage costs.
also what rules if to bring a boat?
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

MaizeNBlue

Lets see if i can remember anything about Wixom Lk (I try to forget my time spent there). Dan there is a launch around the corner from the marina launch, on the dam side, about 5 mins up from the dam, sorry i can't be specific at the moment, I think it's off of Dundas road????

MaizeNBlue

Bosshawg, Neppessing is about a 45 min drive from the city of wixom as  I recall, PB would be able to be more specific, he also lives in wixom.

As for Wixom Lk, kinda a long drive from the city of wixom, about 3 hours as I recall, there is a camp site we have stayed at the last couple of years, 10 min drive to Wixom Lk from there. If you would like, I can get you there name and #, it's somewhere around here, I swear, or I'm sure you can just ride/follow with PB or myself.

Potter

There is a party store at Albright Shores that has a launch.  They do have other tournaments launch from there.  I think the resturant across the street allows for some additional parking.  The launch is at the Estey Road bridge.  I am sure I can find the telephone number if needed.

Potter

joshimoto son

Yes there is the launch at Albright, we are currently trying to find a place to park there.
The restaraunt and the fruit mrket right across the road are no longer available to park.
But the church up the road has let us use some of their parking for a donation.

We are currently trying to contact the church to make sure, I can get the phone number for you Dan if you would like.

joshimoto son ;D

fowlmouth

That party store has very little parking, the one off middle/jones rd is out of business. JJ's Marina, which is just up the rd from the dnr launch (1/4 mile or so) has campsites that I am sure would be open that time of year. If I recall he does have a little launch, but I would just use the dnr launch.

djkimmel

The party store is the ramp we used to have rather large tournaments out of years ago. I hadn't heard any status on that lately. I'd like the info if you have it.

It seems like I had heard something about the marina at the dam too, but I sometimes get my lakes mixed up?

Just looking for options to pick the best one. I got a copy of the permit app from the MDNR and they doubled the price. I've talked to them and there may be some confusion in that. I have to call Lansing tomorrow morning to confirm.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

joshimoto son

Dan,

Sorry... I just caught the reply. I will try to get that info for you from my TD.
It'll probably be after I get back from Kentucky tho.

blakstr1

The DNR launch is on Dundas road just off of M-30, we use the Albright Shores launch for our club torunaments, that makes it a short drive to White Star (just to the north) where there are a couple motels that are clean and comfortable, that's right near Smallwood on 61, so its a straight shot in from I-75.  I know the DNR has shut down a bunch of tournaments this year out of their launch...too many trails not applying for permits and filling the parking lot...ruining it for the rest of us.  SO...Albright SHores may be the best bet, the  owner of the store also owns the restaurant across the street (from what I understand) and there is additional parking there in a sidelot.  It can creatively hold quite a few boats.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Is there a place to camp nearby?  I would be camping.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

there are some camping sights near there, actually pretty close I believe...i'll check it out for you...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

I believe we've already decided to fish Wixom Lake.  We'd still love to have you come out though if you can make it.  Great bunch of guys and a ton of fun.  Plus there's the giant purse available via the whopping $5 entry fee.  I'm gonna have a garage sale to raise my entry fee.

I suppose Poorboy is already researching to find the nearest Hooters too.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

MaizeNBlue

Not sure about hooters, we did go a local bar up there, it was a night with PB that I will never forget, and I'm sure he will never remember.

djkimmel

No Hooters real close by, but maybe a 'Hoofers' at the first farm on the right.

MIBassKid

Any update on the tournament? I'm new to here but looking forward to fishing with all of you.

Kid

bshaner

And when are we getting our forum membership cards?  Incase we get stopped at the gate!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

Quote from: bshaner on August 21, 2006, 01:24:52 PM
And when are we getting our forum membership cards? Incase we get stopped at the gate!

B

It's a tatoo actually. I can't tell you where it goes, but lets just hope it is a warm morning for the event...

djkimmel

We have people coming from a good distance for some, so I don't think we will start earlier than 8 AM - should be okay for that time of year anyway.

Saturday 9/23/06 at Wixom Lake - the MDNR ramp on the Tobacco Arm barring any surprises. Probably fish until 2 PM unless I hear an outcry.

Draw event so if you are coming as a nonboater, let me know ASAP so I can make sure I have enough boats. We'll do whatever it takes to make sure everyone who wants to can go fishing that day.

$5 entry fee again with $2 big bass - this is mostly for bragging rights for registered GreatLakesBass.com forum members only.

There will be some prizes too for giveaways for various accomplishments (example - loudest yell when he catches his bass - already know who would win that one if I had it ;D). No boats or outboards yet sorry, but I'll do my best :).

Quote from: MIBassKid on August 21, 2006, 01:18:43 PM
Any update on the tournament? I'm new to here but looking forward to fishing with all of you.

Kid

bshaner

Tattoos!! I love tattoos!!...... hey wait a minute  :o

Count me in as a boater.

Is there any place to camp close by?  Tent camp that is.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844