Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Michigan Leads TBF Northern Divisional Championship Day 1!!

Started by djkimmel, September 08, 2010, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Just in from TBF of Michigan president Jeff Cox. Day 1 of the TBF Northern Divisional championship has finished with the TBF of Michigan team holding a 9 pound lead over 2nd place home team Indiana!! The fishing is very tough - only 77 15" keepers caught today by 72 anglers! That is tough! Fishing Patoka Lake in Indiana today through Friday.

TBF of Michigan state team leads with 49 pounds 3 ounces with the 9 pound lead over Indiana in 2nd and 17 pounds over 3rd place Ohio TBF. Wisconsin TBF is in last place with only 25 pounds. Minnesota and Illinois teams only have a little over 27 pounds total each. Those are 12 angler teams! 6 Michigan TBF team members are in the top 20 after day one.

Great news!! Our own LGMOUTH - Michigan's state champion Don Watts is leading the overall event with 4 bass for 14 pounds 9 ounces fishing deeper water. Don also took big bass honors today with a 5 pound 9 ounce largemouth!

Kendall Ulsh is 2nd on the Michigan team with 7 pounds 10 ounces.

Half the entire field of 72 anglers zeroed for the day, and only 24 anglers weighed 2 or more 15 inch keepers. Bass are being caught at all depths. A lot can happen in an event this tough, but cross your fingers the Michigan logs another victory!! Away victories are tough, but SWEET!!

I'll post more details as I get them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

djkimmel

Quote from: bassmandan on September 08, 2010, 07:11:11 PM
i wish they would post results

If you mean TBF of Michigan, they don't have someone (a volunteer) who can do web sites. They pay someone which means they have to control costs (web work is expensive) and have to wait until that person can get to it since they are not able to pay top dollar to be first in line. That is one reason I try to get it from them and post it here. I wonder if they could send the results out to the club presidents though? That would be affordable and help some maybe? What do you think?

This tournament is run by TBF Inc. so they are actually responsible for reporting the results. The story has been posted at http://www.bassfederation.com/story.php?sid=378 and here is their complete results page.

Here are the day 1 team results (not sure what 172 blanks means?)

Here are the complete day 1 individual results

Here's the day 1 results by each state team

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Need to get those other 5 Michigan team members on some fish too if we want to threepeat!!

LGMOUTH

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

LGMOUTH

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

djkimmel

Hey! In Indiana... deep is a very relative term!! Especially for me! Go get 'em! Shouldn't you be in bed?!? ;D

gr@ssmonkey

nice job DW  ;D ,is there other guys around u or do u have the area to yourself....hope u sack them!!!!

SethV

Nice job guys, keep it up. 

I had to give up my spot on the team, just too much going on and I would not have been able to spend the proper prefish time.   :'(

VinceR

Quote from: djkimmel on September 08, 2010, 09:29:58 PM
Need to get those other 5 Michigan team members on some fish too if we want to threepeat!!

There are some pretty good "sticks" in that group, too. I don't expect them them to stay on the "schnide" for long.

Way to get after em' Don!

bassmandan

Quote from: djkimmel on September 08, 2010, 09:28:39 PM
Quote from: bassmandan on September 08, 2010, 07:11:11 PM
i wish they would post results

If you mean TBF of Michigan, they don't have someone (a volunteer) who can do web sites. They pay someone which means they have to control costs (web work is expensive) and have to wait until that person can get to it since they are not able to pay top dollar to be first in line. That is one reason I try to get it from them and post it here. I wonder if they could send the results out to the club presidents though? That would be affordable and help some maybe? What do you think?

This tournament is run by TBF Inc. so they are actually responsible for reporting the results. The story has been posted at http://www.bassfederation.com/story.php?sid=378 and here is their complete results page.

Here are the day 1 team results (not sure what 172 blanks means?)

Here are the complete day 1 individual results

Here's the day 1 results by each state team

i figured it would have been on the FLW TBF page thats where i was looking im just kind of surprised they didnt haven anything on it
"dont stop keep fishing"

djkimmel

I think because the TBF web site is now completely independent of FLW or Bassfan that they are leaving the initial results up to TBF. Some good reasons for that really.

I did not get any press releases from FLW Outdoors on the event. Since FLW Outdoors is involved from the national championship on (I think they are still running that event) that is where they will be involved directly again. That is how I believe it is working now.

I'm trying to make sure I have it all right and explain it for anyone who might wonder how it is working now.

djkimmel

Quote from: SethV on September 09, 2010, 09:55:59 AM
Nice job guys, keep it up. 

I had to give up my spot on the team, just too much going on and I would not have been able to spend the proper prefish time.   :'(

Man! That is a bummer when that happens!! You might have liked that kind of fishing...

djkimmel

I was happy to see a number of the competitors actually made it on last night checking to see what we were saying about them too!

Eric

Today was tougher overall, but those of us who blanked yesterday, all caught fish today.  Now losing by a pound to Indiana.  We'll get 'em tomorrow though.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

gr@ssmonkey

did DW (don watts) get some fish today?way to go michigan!!!!!
   never mind i seen the results,c'mon DW,dig deep i know there's still a fifteen pound bag left in that arsenal of yours,come on,giv'em the michigan magic ;D ;D good luck and good fishing to all the michigan TBF team!!!!!!!!

McCarter

is patoka that tough of a lake?  i just looked at the results, man thats gotta suck for those guys.  i have never  been there but from what i have heard, it was a good lake.

McCarter himself :-\'

djkimmel

It is known for big bass, but not a lot of bass. It's had that rep as far back as I can remember - at least 20 years.

Waterfoul

Quote from: McCarter on September 10, 2010, 12:01:58 AM
is patoka that tough of a lake?  i just looked at the results, man thats gotta suck for those guys.  i have never  been there but from what i have heard, it was a good lake.

McCarter himself :-\'

Brian, it is that tough.  As Dan said... it's known for big bass but not big numbers.  The lake is unlike anything we have here in Michigan.   No matter where you stop to fish, it looks just like the last spot you fished!  In 5 days of fishing I managed to catch 4 keepers and 13 shorts.  5 days, 17 fish total??  That's a tough lake.

If given the choice... I would choose to ever fish that lake again!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!