Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Will a Local Win the BASS Northern Open Detroit River?

Started by djkimmel, August 16, 2010, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for the local angler you think most likely to win the BASS Northern Open

Joe Balog
6 (14.6%)
Scott Dobson
4 (9.8%)
Luke Gritter
1 (2.4%)
Chip Harrison
10 (24.4%)
Trevor Jancasz
1 (2.4%)
Chad Pipkens
1 (2.4%)
Dave Reault
5 (12.2%)
Ryan Said
7 (17.1%)
Eric Smith
1 (2.4%)
Jonathan VanDam
3 (7.3%)
Brian Ward
0 (0%)
Nate Wellman
0 (0%)
Art Ferguson
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: August 19, 2010, 02:43:55 PM

McCarter

Quote from: mikesmiph on August 17, 2010, 01:57:27 PM
I should have checked with Brian before I voted, because I'm betting the winner will get several of his fish on Nemesis gobies. Just a guess.

they have been hot out there this year again for those who are throwing them.  we caught them pb&j out of them the last couple times i was out there throwing the BLING color pattern. 

McCarter himself :-\'

Ryan

I will cast my vote for JVD.  With a last name like that, how can he not end up at the top? Plus, with the victory on Erie last year, he clearly knows how to seal the deal.

Winner: Jonathon Vandam--62.5lbs

-Ryan

LennyB

Put me down for Gerry Gostinek to win with 62lb. Had weighed a 25+ bag last month and a 21lb bag two weeks ago.

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

Cheetam

So many good fisherman on that list.  I choose Chip with 66lb 8oz.
Jeff

Skulley

I am going with Ryan Said.  I work with his Dad and I think he has a bit of an edge since Lake Champlain.  He is on a roll and I hope his roll keeps rolling.  Good Luck Ryan.  I know your Dad is real proud of you as all of us are who work with him.

BD                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I did not know Gostenik was fishing the BASS Open. Guess the odds are good that I'll be getting pictures and video of a lot of locals!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Buckeyenut313

djkimmel

I know Trombly and Coates. Are they fishing? They are locals? Meaning regular Great Lakes anglers. Not sure is I know King or Rhode? More info? Do you know if they are all fishing?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

teej

although i'll be rooting for JVD out of the locals, my eye is on Kiriyama, the best finesse fisherman around, IMO.

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on August 17, 2010, 10:18:40 PM
I know Trombly and Coates. Are they fishing? They are locals? Meaning regular Great Lakes anglers. Not sure is I know King or Rhode? More info? Do you know if they are all fishing?

Jarred Rhode is from Ohio....He will be tough if he can run on Lake Erie...Rumor has it he ran over 80 miles in the LSC BFL...(I am pretty sure he was in the top 10)
I fished as a Co with him a couple of years ago...Awesome deep water angler....He has been one of the boaters that has impressed me most with vertical Dropshotting and use of electronics...

If Jarred can't run on Lake Erie all 3 days though I think he will struggle...If he can he will be right in there...

dashaver63

I know Jared Rhode, he's a teacher and his family runs a charter business out of Port Clinton. He is a stick on Erie and he can catch them on St.Clair as well.

djkimmel

Well, looks like more people expect Chip to win. I voted for Dave Reault. Seems like he is due. Or I jinxed him ;D

I'm thinking the 3 day weights will not be super high, but very solid. I'm guessing between 57 and 58 pounds.

moto, if you get to a computer, PM me the name of your secret local guy to watch so I can keep a look out if your prediction comes true. See you Friday.

LAPORTE

Let us not forget. Doug Arter whacked 2 6 lbers in the wonderland tourney can't count him out...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

McCarter

i wish i could vote for everyone, but i will be rooting for everyone.  it would be very cool to see Ryan Said win it.  That would do a lot for his future as a pro.  I would also like to see Gooch ( sorry mark, thats your new nickname ) win it using his secret wisconsin tactics.  and, dave reault is my "jerkbait hero"  ( sang to the tune of jukebox hero by some band that i dont know ) cuz "he's got smallmouth in his eyes" ( still singing ).  I really like Doug Arter, too.  I didnt know he was fishing as a boater but that just gives me one more person to root for.  i hope its a 10 way tie, hows that!

McCarter himself :-\'

djkimmel

Buckeyenut313

Quote from: djkimmel on August 17, 2010, 10:18:40 PM

Yes, they are all fishing. They are all very good Erie guys (they are all from Ohio) and have all done very well in past Detroit River events. I could easily see one or more of them doing very well in this event. It should be exciting!

djkimmel

I would have put Trombly and Coates on the list if I had known they were fishing! Good luck everyone. Nice to see someone voted for Eric!! :)

Buckeyenut313

Quote from: djkimmel on August 18, 2010, 11:27:54 PM
I would have put Trombly and Coates on the list if I had known they were fishing! Good luck everyone. Nice to see someone voted for Eric!! :)

You should have put King on there too!

Eric

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com