Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Exclusive Video Info Straight From Z on the New Zona's Awesome Fishing Show!!

Started by djkimmel, August 13, 2010, 12:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

GreatLakesBass.com caught up with Mark Zona recently, pestering him for the scoop on the new gig - coming January 2011 on The Outdoor Channel - Zona's Awesome Fishing Show! Here's some of what Z had to say to pique our interests for this exciting new opportunity:

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I did ask for some secret stuff but wasn't tricky enough to pull it off! Zona winked at me and grinned saying, "Yes, there will be some new secret stuff... but I can't tell you... because it's a secret." So we'll just have to watch the Outdoor Channel this January and find out!!

One of the great characters on the fishing scene and one of the few shows I look forward to seeing each week. I expect things to be even more entertaining on more levels with Zona's Awesome Fishing Show. Check out his new and still developing web site for more information and everything you ever wanted to know about Zona (even that you didn't know you wanted to know).

Here's a few pics of Z or % (or whatever he may be known as in the future), in action at the recent Outdoor Sportsmen Expo near Delton. He wowed the crowd, young and old!!

Rock solid, man! That bass wAS THIS BIG!!
Or Shark. Or Sturgeon. Or Alligator gar. You never know anymore from the man with the plan... well, actually he doesn't have a plan much of the time ;D

Hook, line and sinker. If Z tells you he hasn't been fishing for a while, do NOT hold the lure in your hand when he asks you to. He will set the hook as a (un)lucky angler from Temperance MI finds out!

Zona is such a pro at this stuff! Didn't faze him a second when the people behind the Hawg Trough putted up to check out the hungry fishies. Z was too busy catching a few of those fishies. And the occasional audience member!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I'm going to ask him if I can help pick out the symbol before he decides! In the meantime, Zona is a pretty good stick, so I hope to get some of his seminar published soon for your viewing pleasure.

t-bone

I like his views on product placement. Some shows are 90% product crap and 10% information. Zona is 70% entertainment and 30% info. Good to here he is going to balance out that ratio.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

MIBassKid

hahahaha I don't know if anyone knows what I am talking about but he threw in a reference to the movie Grandmas Boy with the robot stuff. I laughed, maybe not as funny to everyone else. I hope he reads this and knows someone got the joke. Looking forward to his show.
-Luke

djkimmel

Oh... if you'd been standing there while he's talking for almost 10 minutes... I hard a hard time not cracking up more than once. cameraguy probably didn't use some of the footage because I snorted a time or two. Z is never a dull moment. He's a happy guy and that is great to see.

djkimmel

I'm looking forward to the new show. More mature... maybe not? Changing his name to just a symbol?? Maybe the angler formerly known as Z? ;D

How about the rest of you? Glad he's continuing on? Looking to more of the same and some new stuff too?

cameraguy

Zona couldn't have been more gracious, funny, and friendly.  I wish him continued success in his new endeavour.  I can't wait to see the new show.

Mike S.

I was totally entertained with the World's Greatest Fishing show.  Have every episode on the dvr.  Glad he's moving on with another show.  Who else have you seen fish for salmon with a jerk bait and bass rod?  Who else has taken KVD shark fishing?  Good stuff!

independentMike

Cool video D. Really glad Zona is continuing on with his show.  I had heard it was a big blow to him when ESPN pulled the plug on their outdoor programming.
Support Small Tackle Manufacturers
Independent Tackle

djkimmel

Glad you liked it! He's happy and excited about the new show and the tweaks he can now make. Things he really wanted to change. He continues on with his work with BASS/ESPN too. Don't know yet if and when a sale of BASS goes through what that means.