Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

840,000 gallons of oil leaks into Kalamazoo River

Started by Durand Dan, July 27, 2010, 11:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A pipeline company says 840,000 gallons of oil has leaked into a creek that feeds into the Kalamazoo River in southwestern Michigan.
The oil leaked Monday from a 30-inch pipeline that carries about 8 million gallons of oil per day from Griffith, Ind., to Sarnia, Ontario.

The Battle Creek Enquirer says the leak estimate comes from Chicago-based Enbridge Liquids Pipelines. Company General Manager Tom Fridel says the cause remains under investigation.

The oil spilled into Talmadge Creek, which flows northwest into the Kalamazoo River. The site is in Calhoun County's Marshall Township, about 60 miles southeast of Grand Rapids.

Authorities have evacuated two homes near the leak.

McCarter

heard this on the radio earlier.  wonder what life will be like for people of the future.  no clean water, no fish, no birds.  sounds kooky!

McCarter himself :-\'

dartag

That is sad news.

there is a 30 inch pipeline that runs down the middle of union lake road right in front of my house.  i have a magnet on the fridge with an number to call if we ever see anything.  it is owned by Buckeye Pipeline. 

ROI Outdoors

A little Crude can't hurt the KZOO - 840,000 gallons of crude added to over 120,000 lbs. of PCB will most likely yield the next swap thing super hero. 

I don't even want to know what will happen to all the backwoods folk who eat cats and sheephead out the 80-mile Superfund site that stretches from Lake Allegan down through Saugatuck.  I guess we can all rule out the Zoo as a place to run to in any tourneys the rest of the year..................
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

32eml24

ROI, this is a bummer.  You really think it will ruin the fishing there? And has it made it all the way out to Lake Michigan already??

MIBassKid

this oil stuff is seriously getting ridiculous. when are they going to release a hyrogen based fuel cell vehicle so we can get rid of this oil feud all together? I know there are some out there but haven't really hit the US yet.

djkimmel

That is a great question. Apparently there are still some technical issues to overcome, but I would need to do some research to remind myself what it is since it has been a while since I last read about it.

There have been reports of fish kills in the oil spill area. A group is Michigan is calling for renewed efforts to permanently block oil drilling in the Great Lakes so we never have to worry about something like the Gulf spill happening to our precious resource.

What do you all think about that?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

The day they start drilling in the Great Lakes and selling it to people in Michigan for about $1 a gal because they dont have to pipe it far, I might be all for drilling in the Great Lakes. They drill here, then pipe it across country somewhere, then pipe it back, and raise our prices because it costs so much to pipe it. I dont like them drilling anywhere where a spill can spread and ruin natural resourses. I would rather ban all drilling and MAKE them come up with an alternative fuel.