Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Primer bulb/ fuel line assembly

Started by huston, July 21, 2010, 08:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huston

Any one know where I can purchase a fuel line assembly with primer bulb for a 1997 150 EFI Mercury. I want a fuel line that's ethanol resistant. I 'm in Oak Park. I want a quality fuel line. I have a Quicksilver brand on mine but am willing to go with Sierra/ sea choice/ Moeller or maybe Attwood. I frequent the area around LSC alot but will shop at West Marine or Walmart. Can anyone tell me if they have replaced their fuel line and with what?

champion_206

I would not use just any line, sierra and most mercury lines are a 2 piece line and the inner line gets eaten away from todays gas, I have replaced many at work and work on alot of boats that the inner liner on the gas line was eating away and pieces were in the fuel system and its not cheap to have your fuel system cleaned/ or parts replaced, if you get a mercury line make sure it has the yellow writing on it, otherwise its not ethanol resistant, all evinrude lines are black and you will have no problems with those
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

motocross269

Bass Cat Reccommends that you use a A1 line....Do a search for an A1 ethanol safe gas line and you will find plenty of sources for them on the net....
I think you will find them online substantially cheaper also.....
Don't forget to use the special clamps ....I am getting ready to redo all of my lines just to be safe so have spent the last week educating myself on what and what not to do....

I work in the LSC area maybe we could split an order...They come in 50 FT rolls...PM and let me know.

Dan

Hey Moto,
Since I'm mechanically challenged and want to put a new primer bulb and hose on my Cat, as well as replacing the hose and bulb on my 35 horse Merc (pontoon boat). I did some surfing and didn't really come up with a good source that mentioned A1 rated hoses. I found one link that said to try West Marine for the hose and bulb. I have a 1997 Johnson Venom on my old Jag.

Thanks
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

huston

I purchased an Seachoice brand from Mike's Marine  on Jefferson. It cost about $25.00. Simple installation since the hoses connect to barbs. My motor had wire ties for fasteners, I substituted adjustale hose clamps. the hose said it was ethanol resistant. Ethanol in our fuel is causing havoc on engines. I'm putting on a new fuel/ water filter also. My problem was a lost of primer bulb pressure and engine just dying when flying across the lake. After looking at the engine, I see alot of other rubber hoses that may need replacing. I hope my fuel pump doesn't need rebuilding. Gotta get to the Lake to test it one day soon. Wish me luck. Thanks fellas.

Firefighter Jeff

motocross269

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/HOSE_TRIDENT_BARRIER_LINED_TYPE_A1_FUEL_HOSE.html

I copied this from another site..

A1--fuel feed hose; has a fire resistant cover; is designed to have fuel in the hose at all times.

A2--fuel vent hose; has a fire resistant cover; is not designed to have fuel in the hose at all times.

B1--fuel feed hose; without fire resistant cover; is designed to have fuel in the hose at all times; intended for non-enclosed spaces.

Rubber fuel hose rated A1 is the best grade for use as a fuel line in a boat, and in most Boston Whaler boats the original fuel lines were installed with rubber hose rated A1. Typically fuel hose rated A1 is a black rubber hose with a substantial OD compared to its ID. It is not the relatively thin-wall silver hose often seen used for outboard motors, typically rated B1.

Dan

Did you have a site where it can be purchased?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Team houston

I have a question. What about the hoses internally that go from the gas tanks up to the hose with the primer bulb on it. Do those need to replaced also?

Team houston

LAPORTE

Phil,

I can only speak for myself. When I changed gas line I changed all of it. From the tank to the lines going to each carb.... now no worries....
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Team houston

Thanks Don. How was the fishing up North?

champion_206

heres a merc fuel line cut and you can see how bad the inside has came apart due to fuel
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff