Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Greetings... intro

Started by thedude, May 06, 2006, 10:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

Hi - figured i would do the cliche new member first post intro -
My name's justin. i moved up to the GR area last march fron NW indiana. I've been doing tourneys for about 3 years now, mostly FOM and local weeknighters. I was fortunate to partner up w/ a great guy from the east side to fish the first season for the west side FOM division. My partner is now the east side director so i'm putting FOM on hold and sticking to the weeknighters this year.

So anyway... just gotta say i love it up here. Fishing is sooooo much better than where i fished in Indiana! Love goin out and slammin pig smallies up on hardy or those toad greenies out on muskegon.

Looks like a good site you guys got goin here, looking forward to surfing the site and not working ;) in the near future.

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

canvsbk

Welcome - it's not quite as good as fishin' - but this IS better than work!
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

Thank goodness for that! Welcome!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

Welcome. I've been a member for less than a month and can't get off this website. I hope you find it as useful as I have thus far.

NW Indiana? I'm from N. Liberty/LaPorte area, ring a bell?

Duke
Duke

thedude

Quote from: Duke on May 08, 2006, 09:25:12 AM
Welcome. I've been a member for less than a month and can't get off this website. I hope you find it as useful as I have thus far.

NW Indiana? I'm from N. Liberty/LaPorte area, ring a bell?

Duke

certainly does! ... fished a couple tourneys on good ol pine lake.
i'm originally from Lowell (IN) - about 12 miles south of Merrillville straight down I-65
Palehorse Custom Rods

Duke

I had a small club tourny on Pine last weekend (caught 4 keepers, 7.5# and finished 2), what has happened to the water?! It must be 5 feet down from the last time I fished it 2 years ago. It is real sad. I've seen other lakes down, but not like Pine/Stone. I like the bodies of water, but the channel is almost a hazard now. The locals tell me its all drought, but I think its something more than that, just not sure what.

Duke
Duke

kgr624

Hey Justin,
                   Hey Glad to have you on the board. I am also from GR and just wanted you to know if you need any tournaments to get into or you need a partner give me a hollar. I am pretty good around most lakes in the area and I am going to be doing a weeknighter up at wabasis with my brother on WEDs, but could do another if you got something in mind. Again Glad to have you.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

thedude

i did the wabasis tourneys early last year. i live about 5 miles from the lake now... so still considering doing them again.
i had the winning bag and big fish for the first tourney last year, but i was using my little jon boat and was using a cooler for a livewell... long story short, 3 fish died including my big fish. i got second place even w/ the penalty. i was pretty po'd - only dead fish i EVER had in a tourney. that place is a zoo by mid june unfortunatley... i was boat 58 one time..... on a 500 acre lake!

i'm tentatively doing the AVB tourneys down on Gun on tuesdays this year. Not sure what else... i want to take a break from some of the bigger tourneys and spend some time dissecting patterns on some of the bigger bodies of water around here - croton, hardy, white, mukegon, the grand, gun etc....

so far i'm pretty comfortable on muskegon... need to figure out the late summer patterns. i'm guessing fish are suspending off the drops/channels around the baitfish coming in from the big lake. too many healthy fish in that lake - keeps me coming back for more.

haven't been out on pine for about 2 years - but i do remember crossing my fingers goin through the tube... shame it is down like that.
Palehorse Custom Rods

kgr624

I hear you about the zoo on wabasis. MY first time trying out the tournment it was raining and there were only about 33 boats. Then I came back for about 4 weeks and it grew to about 88 boats on the lake. I really want to do some tournaments on White and Muskegon. I just don't know much about those lake fished them about 10 times and really didn't get to comfortable on them. I also have a lot on Hamlin Lake in ludington and I am doing a teardrop tournament up there in August. I really want to get into one NBAA night on either Gun or the CATT on some lakes in rockford. And actually I think one might be pine , Wabasis, and I really can't remember what other ones but If you are thinking about getting into something close and need a partner let me know. I do have a boat, a 2005 sylvan Explorer 16. I do a lot of multi- species fisihing so Haven't brought my self to buy a true bass boat yet. So let me know what your plan is and maybe I will just see you at the tournaments.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same