Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Mental Problems

Started by Duke, May 04, 2006, 11:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

I've come to the conclusion that I have mental problems  :(. The truth is, if I didn't fish I'd spend less time frustrated, save a ton of money, make the wife happier, and get more sleep. As it is, I spend my nights dreaming about bass; I work with bass on my mind; I look at stores, classrooms, and yards and envision where a bass would hide in those locations.

Here's the mental aspect: regardless of this all, I love it!  ;D There is nothing I would rather do than hunt for bass. I guess I'm obsessed... not sure if that is good thing. But I know one thing for sure, I'm not changing.  My in-laws and coworkers think I'm a little odd. But they don't seem to realize that somewhere a bass is waiting to get its lips pierced. And I am always dreaming of that big fat female to get a piercing  :-*.

Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

Duke
Duke

blakstr1

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

fishon1219

Same problem here. Whenever I drive down the highway I am always looking at were to catch bass if the area was ever turned into a reservoir. Is that sick or what???
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

kgr624

If its a Crime I am a Criminal. I have that same problem. I sit everyday wondeing what baits to use going through a list of things I need or want to get to catch more fish. I go on this website everyday just to be surrounded but Bass talk. I tell you this is my first year on this site and I when tournament time starts to hit I can't wait to hear the stories and hopefully tell a couple of my own.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

joshimoto son

Welcome brother!!! welcome.

I try to build and make more stuff than most people buy!!!

Hence the name joshimoto son...

currently working on a 10" worm mold just to take down to Kentucky lake,(for one tournament) I'm constantly fishing and building stuff in my head.

Among other things I think about... like...

How well do you think all of us would get along if we were forced to live underground until we could all agree on what the best bass bait of all times is, and then be forced to fish with it for the rest of our lives.

Are you talking about stuff like that?

joshimoto son ;D

fiker

One of the reasons that I visit this forum several times a day  is because I am "HOOKED ON FISHING! 

Heck look at the times of day I post.  And how many times in the same day.

My wife says I'm obsessed. 

I prefer to think of it as a passion. 

Somehow, that sounds better.

If only I'd quit buying tackle boxes, I'd maybe quit buying stuff to put in them. ......
NOT!
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

canvsbk

And to think that I thought all this was a middle age crisis! I haven't gone completely off the deep end but I can see the edge from here. Fished my first tournament 30 years ago...got married, had a kid...changed my main focus for a decade or 2...but now it's time to see if you guys are as good as I hear! HA! Do you think these old pork chunks will still work?
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

Basically, EVERYTHING looks like it would make a great reservior to me!!! I've even caught myself wondering how to go about flooding certain areas (the computer nerd in me) before I realize that any way I do it would probably end up getting me jail time (I've already been ordered to shore by a police helicopter during a tournament, so I'm part way there anyway!).

I think it's a gene - you can't fight genes. There too tiny and too hard to see.

(As far as the old pork chunks, I've found they help make the tedium of living and working among the world of the rest of the weirdos who don't have the fishing gene if you chew on them during the non-fishing days... they last for hours...)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

canvsbk

The lids are so rusted I can't get the dang bottles open.....
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

Well, it seems to me that some things only get better and more valuable with age - look at alcohol. No one says "I have a good 2006 in the cupboard." Maybe it's the same with old pork?

I probably wouldn't really chew on them at work (although it might get Bill to stop talking about his weird stuff...), but you can always break a jar open when you get to the lake and give one a try. Maybe keep the extra inside your lower lip... no... that's ice fishing bait, not pork. I get all these fishing advice things mixed up some times.

Regardless, old pork can be a source of humor. I had an old partner - Big Fish Chip - who, when the fishing got slow and tough, wouldn't hesitate putting an old #11 pork frog on his eye and making horrible - 'alien sucking out his brains' noises - with no warning he was going to do it. Ah! Good times... (I liked that one better then his 'hooking my hat off my head and casting it into the lake' trick...) I could sometimes get a warning he was about to do one of his 'tricks' by watching the weird looks on people's faces up on shore.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.