Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Trouble Logging In And Out

Started by Hooksetter, May 02, 2006, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksetter

I'm having serious trouble logging in and out. In fact, I can't log out. I have to log off the net.

This what I have to do to log in:

1. Click on Bass Forums
2. Try to log in, screen goes white
3. Try to refresh, screen stays white
4. Try the back button, screen stays white
5. Log off net, log on net, click GLB, click Bass Forums, I'm logged in

I am not having any trouble on any other site. This is getting annoying. Can anyone help me straighten this out? I must warn you that I am pretty much computer illiterate, but can follow directions real well.

Also, I cannot use the preview button when trying to post, the screen goes white and I lose the entire post.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

What browser are you using - go to Help | About and tell me the exact version?

Who is your ISP - I assume that's what you are meaning by logging on and off the 'net'?

Do you know if you have Java enabled?

It sounds like you might have a corrupted cookie file(s)... possibly? (I'm guessing the problem only happens with the forum, not any of my regular web pages?)

Since you can use other sites (including forums?) I'm assuming your aren't blocking anything such as cookies yourself - are you aware of any blocking - maybe third party cookies?

Do you visit the forums from more than one computer? If so, does it behave differently? My work is now blocking many web sites, so I can't use our network to visit the site without problems (including unhappy boss).

Do you have access to another computer to try the site?

For the possibility of a cookie problem:
1. get on the bass forum however you can and then logout using the button at the top.

2. Close your browser window.

3. Open a new browser window and go to the bass forum. Try moving around without signing in - you should show up as a guest. Do you have any problems viewing and moving around the forum?

4. Sign back on and try some posting and preview. See if things improve and let me know one way or the other.

Try the refresh button before you do anything whenever possible with problems. That has always worked for me. Try holding down the Control key and clicking refresh to force a reload if just clicking refresh doesn't work.

I've gotten the white screen once in a while. There was a stretch a week or so ago that was a little worse, but since then it only happens once every 30 or 40 screens maybe. I've researched it and didn't find a lot. From what I can see, they feel the problem is with Internet Explorer in a bug dealing with how they draw pages and the only fix they have right now might cause IE crashes - not a good fix. I have looked at other stuff to see how other avoids the issue, or why they don't have it. It may be a philosophy thing - happens with some programmers.

The other thing they suggest is to use Mozilla Firefox instead. I don't use it a lot, but I haven't gotten any white screens with that browser. I'm still reprogramming my non-forum pages to be more Mozilla-friendly.

I'll keep upgrading when SMF comes out with new versions. I'll keep looking at the problem. I've only heard from one other member who was having some of these problems. I need to know if others have it to come up with a pattern and possible solutions. It may take some time. Sorry Hooksetter - I don't like having unhappy anglers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

I think your problem is the University of Michigan emblem. I heard until Lloyd Carr is fired all things linked to UM are going to be inconsistent and unreliable. Thats just what I'm hearing. I actually had this problem with ND stuff, now that Weis is at the helm, ND stuff works like a charm!  ;D

Duke
Duke

djkimmel

I'm not on the 'fire Lloyd' bandwagon (if there is one...)

I'm betting it has nothing to do with the block M - Go Blue!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Hooksetter

I have not had any trouble posting since May 4. The only thing I have done is to stay logged on. Since then everything has worked fine, so I will stay logged on always.

BIG HOUSE FOOTBALL RULES!!!

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Well, I feel a whole lot better. I hate to hear people are having problems.

I did find out my web host has been upgrading equipment - there may be some issues from that that have mostly cleared up. I'll keep an eye on it and find out what I can to keep things as smooth as possible.

Duke

I want you to know that "BIG HOUSE FOOTBALL" gave Charlie Weis a real warm reception last season, and a lot of Domers, including myself, appreciated the hospitality.  ;D ;D

I know I'm being insensitive, but I can't help it.  ::)
Duke

djkimmel

They're just lucky I wasn't on the field...

Hooksetter

The Wolverines like to "donate" to their favorite charities from time to time and last year it was Notre Dame's turn. ;D

Peace.

Duke

HA!! :D That was funny. Actually, now that so much is expected from ND, I expect UM to dominate them in South Bend this fall as well as every other team. ND can't have a good season 2 years in a row...
Duke