email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ?'s on Lake Champlain  (Read 2616 times)

River Rat

?'s on Lake Champlain
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »

I was talking to a colleague the other day and he was asking what I knew about Chaplain, this was quite a short discussion  ;D as I know nothing 'cept what Bender has posted the past year and what we've all seen on tv.

Essentially, it boiled down to he wants to throw spinnerbaits (he's kinda like Shaner and his dropshot).  Is there a predominate color pattern there like other lakes?

Thanks,
Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
Re: ?'s on Lake Champlain
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »

Chartreuse
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »

Tell him to bring frogs along if he plans to fish south of Ti.  Some of the best frog water on the planet there.

Spinnerbaits - I am not a fan so I can't help you much.

What a fun lake.  We need a BFL regional up there sometime.

River Rat

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:31 AM »

Rick, are we talking gold or nickle blades?  North end or south, brown or green fish?!

I'm going to have mention the frog pattern, thanks Seth.

Bender

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »

Despite it being only an hour away from where I used to live in NY I only made it out there about 8 times amd only on the north end. I mainly stuck around Rouses Point where there is an old bridge and then Windmill Point. There is a giant bay east of there that has a lot of rock nd weeds up shallow. Last time out I went to the Vermont side which was 1:45 drive but I would say the fishing is better.
I never had a "great" day out there but did O.K. Mostly on drop shot but got a few shallow on spinnerbaits and of course jerkbaits. I only caught brown fish up there. And pike, there are lots of those.

South of Ti would be great to try, miles of pads. Licenses are goofy so make sure to get Vermont if headed that way.   

Bender

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »

I can't say for sure abput Champy, but on the other lakes up there Gold/Black was good for hard baits and KLK worked best for gobies.

River Rat

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »

Thanks for the input, Chris.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge