Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Canadian boater crossing regs....

Started by motocross269, May 28, 2010, 07:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini

UPDATE....reported on LSCN

QUOTE:

A directive was issued by CBSA Headquarters this year that outlined the obligations of Private Boaters to report in. For non-residents the requirement stated that any non-resident entering Canadian waters, whether or not they have dropped anchor or docked, was required to report in a designated marina. The situation was the same for Canadian residents traveling in US waters.

There were logistical and practical challenges that his directive presented to each of the regions. Those concerns were forwarded to our headquarters and a subsequent directive was issued that indicated that adherence to the previous memo was to be suspended pending further review and consultation.

Admittedly, this has been frustrating and confusing for all involved including the boating community, my staff at the Telephone Reporting Centres and our Marine Patrols.

Until any further direction is received we will revert back to past practice of requiring a call in for persons with the intent to drop anchor or dock in Canada.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

[/color]

Paul Susko

Chief of Operations

Windsor Tunnel Operations

Thank you to all that called. I will post elsewhere and call Todd Hamill.

MadWags

Mini it is great to see you here on GLB. PLease feel welcome and at home. Would you like me to make a fish costume for you as well?
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Team houston

I am so happy now I think I'll take a fish costume too. Even wear it Wooo Hoooo

Mini

i have always felt welcome here :)

and i dont think I need a fish costume. I smell like one already :)

bassmandan

i dont know if this has passed anyones mind but for those that have power poles and USE them in canadian water that would probably mean you would have to call in that you will be anchoring correct?...i dont have one :( i just thought you guys should think about that if thats the case.
"dont stop keep fishing"

MadWags

yes. if you slip off your boat and your foot touches bottom, you have to call in.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

1javelin

So if you happen to drift over the line about every five minutes then you should definitely call and report it and call when you cross back.  Maybe if everyone called them 200 times a day they would eventually get the drift.  The bad thing is a lot of people won't even know this rule.
  More important, even if you do have to call, aren't some tournaments possessing a rule about not being allowed to use a phone except for emergency situations?  I don't think crossing into Canada is an emergency, more like an Oops!!
   And Wags, I want a fish costume!!  It better have big fins too so I can float!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

tcmono

. . . So if I'm in Canadian water, and I get stopped by the OPPs do I have to report in when I return to the US 'cause I had physical contact with a Canadian vessel?

djkimmel

I don't know the answer to that one tcmono. I wouldn't think so but you could ask the OPPS? I would think no one expects any funny business from contact with an OPPS boat.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mini

Quote from: tcmono on June 04, 2010, 07:38:51 AM
. . . So if I'm in Canadian water, and I get stopped by the OPPs do I have to report in when I return to the US 'cause I had physical contact with a Canadian vessel?

You would first have to contact Canadian Customs and THEN US Costoms I am sure the OPP would be able to direct you on the procedures from that point forward.

If you havent or are not required to contact Canadian Customs you have not "left" the US so there would be no reason to contact them upon returning.