Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kids 100 fish day help

Started by Mojo, May 17, 2010, 12:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Hello ppl - Am taking kids out (and wife) on their first Big Water day - After dear ol Dad talks sooo much about his 30 fish days Im really hoping to put the family on numbers.

If we launch out of Waynedotte - and go South on river to Erie - Can y'all point me to big numbers of 2 - 3 lb fish ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

LennyB

What are you fishing for? Walleye or Bass

Mojo

Both. Mostly bass. Any kind. Low skill Technique. Drift n drag. Cast and feel and reel. 10 year olds.

McCarter

go to st clair and drift the mile roads man.  cmon, you know whats up!

McCarter himself :-\'

River Rat

Chill mon frere, stop sweatin'!  I'm going out to run 'n' gun a bunch of spots w/ the Champion in a bit, then Paula and I are taking The Fox out all day tomorrow to give it a workout. 

I got a bunch of cheap grubs and Powerbait junk (I refuse to throw good UV-Tackle to a white bass!) for the trash bass in the river then motor out to find the smallies and walleye in Erie.  Do you have your Ohio license yet?!  It'll give us more room to maneuver if ya do or do you have your CA?

The weather is looking fine for the trip!
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Mojo

Quote from: River Rat on May 19, 2010, 07:52:10 AM
Chill mon frere, stop sweatin'!  I'm going out to run 'n' gun a bunch of spots w/ the Champion in a bit, then Paula and I are taking The Fox out all day tomorrow to give it a workout. 

I got a bunch of cheap grubs and Powerbait junk (I refuse to throw good UV-Tackle to a white bass!) for the trash bass in the river then motor out to find the smallies and walleye in Erie.  Do you have your Ohio license yet?!  It'll give us more room to maneuver if ya do or do you have your CA?

The weather is looking fine for the trip!

I always like the GLB boys to chime in. I have heard from a dozen folks we have nothing but great spring spots down there and its nothing like mid summer so Im all geared and ready to go. 

PM me and we'll coordinate up.

River Rat

I always like options and opinions!  Wasn't trying to sound like "a know it all."

The river is looking good for numbers and action of whites and perch.  The dumping grounds were very disappointing yesterday...

Gotta remember to bring some minnows, crawlers, and leaf worms too!  We'll bring some bread and canned corn to feed the carp and big goldfish that hang-out in there, too.

If it turns on us we can always fish the marina.  I caught bass, pike, and gills off the back of the boat in about 45 mins sitting in the slip this morning.

If anyone has more ideas, plz share!  And, if anyone is going to be out on the river Sun, look us up and we can meet-up!

Scott

River Rat

A couple of this morning's catch.

Mojo

showed pics to the kids - theyre all ramped up ! We are however down to 3 boys and 1 girl and 1 wife  ....  Have 3 junior life jackets plus one adult jacket .. 1 or 2 of the boys could fit in an adult jacket so we may need up to 3 adult jackets ..... call me when you get off the water. Looks like you have a great kids day set up Scott !!!

Mojo

River Rat

Quote from: Mojo on May 22, 2010, 02:20:17 PM
................. We are however down to 3 boys and 1 girl and 1 wife  .... 
Mojo

So... You're no longer a Mormon! ;D

We're gonna have a very nice time on the water!

bassassasin88

Some say I still act like a kid! Next time I want in.

River Rat

An unofficial report:

Once loaded-up at the marina in Wyandotte and everyone onboard, we headed south to the Trenton Channel with Mike, his wife, two kids, and two of Mike Jr's friends, me and Capt Paula.

I pulled to the top of Calf Is, marked fish but couldn't pull pooh.  After 30 mins or so we moved just south of The Stacks and maneuvered our way thru the crowd to try and find a spot to catch some white bass and let the kids have a free-for-all.  The long and short, these fish were so pressed they wanted minnows, nothing else.  I forgot to say that the 2 closest dealers were out of minnows as I headed to the ramp at 0800.

Several hours later and just a few fish, we were making a move.  It's not that everyone around was catching fish, a couple boats were but that was the exception not the rule.

We made our way slightly south, just out of the crowd and onto a new flat/shelf that had not seen pressure.  Down go the jigs and "minnows" and we started to pull fish that nobody else had bothered with and got the kids into the game.

Around 1430 we made our way back to the marina to let the kids fish the docks as the dogs and burgers cooked on the grill, dockside.  Mike's daughter was the Master Angler of the day, especially working the bluegill at the dock to the point she wouldn't eat until "I catch this last one here!)

All said, I hope the day worked out for the kids, I know it did for Paula and myself.

Mike - send your email so I can forward the pics we took for you guys.