Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 TBF Junior State Championship Boaters

Started by BrianB, May 13, 2010, 05:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianB

Right at this time we have 46 kids fishing this event. I am looking for boaters. Some of you have already volunteered to be there that day.  Could you repost here Again . Easier to keep track thanks.
  There will be more details on the tournament soon.
Brian

motocross269

It is marked on my Calendar....Boat is running well so I will be there...

MBell

Hey Guys,
Me and Jon won't be able to help, we will be getting ready for the Saginaw Open Tournament we are running the next day.  We will however waive the $15 late fee for any team that has a member that volunteers as a boater at the Jr State Championship, we'll also donate back $15 of that teams entry to the TBF of Michigan Juniors.
-Matt 

BrianB

The final Count is in. We have 53 Kids fishing that day. We are going to need 27 boats plus a couple of camera boats. We are also going to need help in the morning to get the kids in the boats and on the water. Plus when they come in we will need help getting boats out and running the weigh in. Also will need a couple of chefs to feed these kids. Please let me know ASAP. Only 19 days left. Right now I have WAGS,MikeS,Dan Kimmel and the other BrianB. If I left someone out let me know. Thanks Guys

More Detals on the tournament shortly

djkimmel

I'll be there. Will be my first time on Pontiac Lake ever.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on June 05, 2010, 08:36:42 PM
I'll be there. Will be my first time on Pontiac Lake ever.

Me too...And no time to run over and take a look at it...I pulled a map from the DNR site..it looks pretty shallow..Any hazards that we should watch for?? Any suggestions from Pontiac lake pros??

My boat got kind of beat up last week fishing up North but should be ready to go..I had to rig up my livewell fill pump to work but it will get by this weekend untill I get a chance to tear into it hopefully next week...I had to run a bypass wire to the switch until i can get in there with a voltmeter and see what is going on,,,

Frank

pontiac lake hazzards.  get an arial map... there is a launch at the end of tackles rd,  between that launch and the island directly east there are stumps.  that whole area north of that has stumps, though if go go like 30 feet off shore near the weed edge you can go all the way around w/o hitting anything.
the west side, starting at buckingham rd on the map is all no wake.  there are some stumps, some of which are marked,  watch the pleasure boaters and youll notice a channel. 
the far west side is very shallow, there is kind of a channel, but you better have a really good weedless prop to go in very far.
2 bridges where m59 (highland rd) crosses the lake.  you might get under the one on the west side.  you have to have a 50hs or smaller, or take on water then bilge out on the other side.  big spiders in there.

Revtro

I already agreed to do it when Jack C asked me a couple week ago...but I'll be there.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

motocross269

Had a good time today....Was a well run event considering there were over 50 anglers......
Both of the competitors I fished with were excellent anglers and super courtieous(sp)

Revtro

The on the water stuff was great.  The kids I had on board were a lot of fun. 

My only gripe was that someone hit my trailer in the lot and didn't even have the courtesy to leave a number.  It wasn't bad damage, but come on, why be a wuss?  Just man-up and admit it and likely I would have said "forget about it, it happens."  I'm pretty disappointed.  If anyone saw who bumped my trailer, it would be cool if you could let me know.  All I'd ask from whoever it is, is an apology and maybe $50 for a little fiberglass filler and color.  Anyone care to fess up?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

MadWags

That's too bad Rev. I had a great day with two great young men. They fished their hearts out and caught some nice fish. I must say that the GLB members showed up in force to make this thing happen. Way to go!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Quote from: Revtro on June 12, 2010, 09:36:34 PM
The on the water stuff was great.  The kids I had on board were a lot of fun. 

My only gripe was that someone hit my trailer in the lot and didn't even have the courtesy to leave a number.  It wasn't bad damage, but come on, why be a wuss?  Just man-up and admit it and likely I would have said "forget about it, it happens."  I'm pretty disappointed.  If anyone saw who bumped my trailer, it would be cool if you could let me know.  All I'd ask from whoever it is, is an apology and maybe $50 for a little fiberglass filler and color.  Anyone care to fess up?

Bummer Tom. Didn't see this earlier. I was really worried about that. The parking spots in these older ramps are not designed for dually F350s with a dual axle bass boat trailer. I was sticking out a lot more than I like. At the end of the event, I trimmed down my motor and stood by it for much of the time waiting since I felt like was sticking out into the lane practically.

Seems like someone's trailer gets nicked about every 2nd or 3rd event of any kind I'm at. Wish people would slow down just a little and be careful.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.