Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

msu and um walleye tourny

Started by macbass, April 19, 2010, 06:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macbass

weell the results are in and MSU must be licking there wounds and must be they didnt want to bring this to our attention...go blue     

It was a slow day on the water but the Wolverines got redemption from last year's loss with a near flip flop from 2009 final weights in the 2nd UM-MSU Walleye Rusty Reel. The event launched from Wyandotte Ramp and was restricted to the US side of the river.

UM: 42.3 lbs
MSU: 25.9 lbs
(Top 3 boats per school out of 5)

Thanks to Detroit Custom Tackle (rjt) and Wonderland Marine West for providing prize packs and weigh-in equipment. Ryan even made up and donated jig packs that had custom school colors! Also, a special thanks to all of the boat volunteers - many are MS members. These events can't happen without generous boaters.

MS member "slivoskisp" won the side volunteer $pot with a ~5lb 'eye while boating for one of the MSU student teams.

For those interested in getting involved with future college events please pm me. We also do bass events and are trying for the first ever Salmon/Steelhead event this year (if we can get more boats lined up)

Pictures to come once I get them from the various cameras.
o our attention.....go blue

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

MSUBass12

It isn't that we didn't want to post that we lost a tournament.  We are not embarrassed in any way and there are no "wounds to be licked".  U of M did a great job and congratulations to them and especially their president Adam Young.  I apologize to anyone who is upset with me for not posting something about the tournament results right away.
Rob Nowicki
President
Michigan State University Fishing Club
www.spartanbassers.webs.com

RJSwirlz

As being the VP of Operations of a company that proudly sponsor's the MSU Bass Fishing Team, I am truly disappointed in the loss.  However, I'm grateful to know that our money is being used to make these student fishermen at MSU better Bass fisherman and not better walleye fisherman.  Sparty on! 

macbass

msubass1 we are not upset that you didnt get it posted...i am just getting in a little dig I know luke pretty well....good to see yu guys had a good time and glad to see you did as well as you did. I know it was a tough day I was down there saturday and it wasnt easy....I also am glad these guys are fishing. I didnt mean anything bad just that MSU and U of M  thing.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

MIBassKid

haha Denny is just trying to bust our (probably just my) chops. He's just messin around. I didn't get to attend the tournament because of prior arrangements, but I understand the MSU guys had a rough go of things from the very beginning. An alarm didn't go off, boater didn't show, oh well things happen.  Congrats to the UofM boys. We'll see you again soon.
-Luke

Denny, bring it on brother! We're hitting margarethe this summer whether you like it or not!  :D

MIBassKid

haha i knew this whole thing was directed towards me...

mikesmiph

Redemption is sweet. GO BLUE Way to go all the fishermen, and women if there were any. Wish football season was in the summer. LOL

MIBassKid

Football in the summer? Mike why would you want extreme disappointment in the summer time when you can do all your fishing?  :D 

1javelin

Quote from: MIBassKid on April 19, 2010, 08:46:14 PM
Football in the summer? Mike why would you want extreme disappointment in the summer time when you can do all your fishing?  :D 
;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

mikesmiph

Like I said, redemption is sweet. We'll find out in the fall. For now, lets go fishing. GOD I cant wait. 4 more days.