Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Check out this on Craigslist

Started by Manxfishing, April 16, 2010, 05:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

The season isn't opened and I don't think he's a charter capt.

$50 Smallmouth Bass fishing Guide - $50 (Lake St. Clair)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-15, 5:16PM EDT
Reply to: sale-7vbuk-1693988370 @ craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come fish Lake St. Clair with me. I have been pounding the fish i just cant afford to go by myself anymore. I have a 19 foot Ranger (beat up but runs great). $50 bucks covers all gas and ramp fees just bring your own food and gear. No strings attached and no wierdos please. Im laid off right now so i mainly go during the week when the lake is least crowded. The smallies are jumping in the boat right now. Thanks Todd Lets go

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Bender

Bragging about it like that is just going to get him in trouble. I believe the DNRE watches things like that with this as an example where steelhead poachers got busted for posting stuff online: http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76563&provider=top .
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

Completely and totally illegal in Michigan. He is advertising a criminal act from top to bottom. Not very smart. I recall the last big sting done on unlicensed 'guides' in Michigan cost some of the ticketed anglers $1,000. Ouch.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

billy8878

I saw this ad the other day and laughed. Would be funny if a DNR officer went undrcover and busted him.

djkimmel

They have done exactly that a number of times.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Bender

Probably is a new revenue scheme, when you call and show up they nail you.  ;D
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Manxfishing

Quote from: mikesmiph on April 17, 2010, 12:47:22 AM
Anyone know one we could call?

I E-mailed the ad to District 9
Hopefully they will do some thing about it

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-42199-24666--,00.html

Manxfishing

Here's another one

Why pay a guide (Lake St. Clair /Detroit River)

Date: 2010-04-16, 8:20PM EDT
Reply to: sale-hjpdb-1695894137 @ craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Want to catch some giant smallies but dont have a boat or the outrageous money for a guide service. Then come with me and split the gas no money will change hands. Making fishing affordable for both of us. I also frequent the Detroit River so lets go. Catch and release bass opens soon

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

mikesmiph

Granted, not a licensed guide, but at least this one is waiting for legal season. Or, seems to be anyway.

djkimmel

Quote from: Manxfishing on April 17, 2010, 08:21:02 AM
Quote from: mikesmiph on April 17, 2010, 12:47:22 AM
Anyone know one we could call?

I E-mailed the ad to District 9
Hopefully they will do some thing about it

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-42199-24666--,00.html

At first... I thought you were talking about that weird alien movie ;D

Manxfishing

Really,
I think it's the same guy

For one he uses the word "guide" to discribe what would be a charter capt.
The other would be in both ads he ends with "lets go"

djkimmel

Last time I checked regulations, it is illegal in Michigan for anyone to give someone else anything of value in exchange for hunting or fishing.

It's safe to look for a new fishing friend, but you can't advertise that you will take someone hunting or fishing in exchange for anything and be legal.

Skulley

Since all it is about to me is sharing the expense, this guy could be easily legal if he worded it as wanting a fishing partner.  That is no different than the "Find a Fishing Partner" on this website.  Whether it is for a tournament or a day of fishing, it's all in the delivery.  Change the delivery and the final message and it's all good and legal.

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Bender

The second ad sounds more legit. More like he's asking: "if you want to get out on the water and don't have a boat why pay a guide a ton of money, just fish with me for fun and share gas money". The first one sounds like an ad for a guide and brags about poaching.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Skulley

Quote from: Bender on April 17, 2010, 09:44:31 PM
The second ad sounds more legit. More like he's asking: "if you want to get out on the water and don't have a boat why pay a guide a ton of money, just fish with me for fun and share gas money". The first one sounds like an ad for a guide and brags about poaching.

This is how I interpreted both ads.

BD.                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

smbassman

You guys are rough - the guy is laid off and wants to go fishing.  I don't think what he is doing warrants sending the authorities after him.  Times are tough, how about being a little more understanding.  It isn't like he is going to make a living accepting $50 from people on craigslist to go fishing on St. Clair.  Sounds like splitting the cost at best to me wtih $3/gallon gas and $30/gal oil.

I know it is before the allowed season, but we all know the season is BS anyways with zero conservation data to support it.  I don't see why everyone is so eager to support and uphold laws that don't make sense.  I guess it is the libertarian in me.

mikesmiph

Maybe I'm a little rigid, but a law is a law. If you dont like them, work to change them. Just not agreeing with them doesnt give anyone the right to break them. I'm sure there are people out there who think murder shouldnt be against the law. Just my 2 cents.