Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF Nationals Watts Bar Tn.

Started by jcox7, April 16, 2010, 02:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcox7

FYI

Michigan TBF champions Jason Knapp and Tommy Robinson will be representing all of us at The Bass Federation National Championship  presented by the National Guard. The event will be held April 22-24 on Watts Bar Lake. It's the culmination of more than two years of qualifiers for most of the 30,000 anglers that are members of TBF in the United States and Canada.

The event will be held in conjunction with an FLW Tour stop that is taking place on Knoxville's Fort Loudon-Tellico lakes the same week. The first two days weigh-ins will be held lakeside at Watts Bar Lake, and the final weigh-in and the Family Fun Zone & Outdoor Expo which offers festivities for both events, will be held downtown at the Knoxville Convention Center on Saturday, April 24.

TBF National Championship anglers will compete for their share of nearly a quarter of a million dollars in cash and prizes and every TBF Championship angler will receive a check and other prizes. The $100,000 "Living the Dream" prize package and berths in two of the sport's most coveted events – the BFL All-American presented by Chevy and the Forrest Wood Cup are up for grabs. The top boater and top co-angler from each of the seven TBF divisions from the competition on Watts Bar Lake will advance to the 2010 BFL All-American. The TBF Federation National Champion boater and co-angler also qualify for the 2010 Forrest Wood Cup. In addition to these incredibly lucrative championship berths, the winning boater at the TBF National Championship will receive the Living the Dream Prize package to include: $7,000 prize check, fully paid entry fees on the 2011 FLW Tour, travel expense funds and the use of a "Living the Dream" wrapped Chevy truck and Ranger boat, as well as sponsor merchandise.

An official practice day will be held Wednesday, April 21 followed by three days of competition held April 22-24. The entire field will compete Thursday and Friday with weigh-ins at Ladd Park in Kingston, Tenn. The field will then be cut to the top boater and co-angler from each of the seven TBF divisions for Saturday's final day. The National Champion boater and co-angler will be crowned Saturday in the Knoxville Convention Center by the heaviest three-day cumulative weight.

All this can be watched live on Flwoutdoors.com

motocross269

Good luck to the Michigan reps...I got a chance to talk to Tommy a little at the TBF meeting,,Seems like a great guy and a good rep for Michigan TBF...

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

GO BLUE!, I mean GO Michigan guys. LOL

bosshawg

good luck guys and hope for you to do well. heading down there myself next sunday for a week of fishin' and golfin'. missing all by 1 day. bummer!!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

jcox7

Midnight and trying to watch the Wings but here is a update.  Tommy had a great time but bad draws sometimes as we all know durring a bed tourny it can be tough in the back of the boat when you draw certain people.  Jason has won the Northern Championship and leads the tournament by one pound.  He now fishes against the other divisional leaders only, with his one pound lead if he can hold on tomorrow he will be the national champion and win the over $100,000.00 fisrt place prize and be Living the Dream.  I will try to keep you updated later tomorrow or actually it is today.

Jeff Cox

gr@ssmonkey

jeff....did he win,did he win,did he win,i so hope he won(jason knapp),let me know jeff,rainy day fan watching,waiting and looking for any info i can get on the nationals.....thanks

mikesmiph

Second place overall. 46lb 06oz. Winner had 46-11. Great job Jason. Way to make your state proud.

gr@ssmonkey

even though he didn't win he still earned a birth in the forest wood cup,something tells me we havn't seen the last of this red hot firecracker of a fisherman.........great job jason,your an oak(stand tall,never waiver) for the state of michigan

jcox7

Actually he earned a birth into the all american not the Forest Wood Cup.  However even though he felt like puking after missing out on that 100,000 dollar package he did win a great payout of around 6500.00 and he also won a new Ranger 198vs for being the highest finishing Ranger Cup fisherman.