Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Red Wings Playoffs

Started by McCarter, April 26, 2006, 09:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could this have happened?!?  I stayed up until 2:07 am for that crap?

Man, i thought for sure we had that game bagged after the 2 goals in 17 seconds ( or whatever ) to tie it up.  Finally after 40+ minutes of play, the Wings looked like the Wings.  I cant believe it ended the way it did.

They need to step it up and fast.  Why is it every single playoffs, our key guys are out there sleeping?  Where was Lang last night, and Shannahan???    I seen a handful of guys playing well, and the rest looked like they were just out there cuz they had to be.

Legace was taking a beating this morning on the radio.  How dare they use him as the scapegoat.  Ok, so he had a bad game the other night at home, but last night he only let in one bad goal.  The rest could have been easily prevented with a little DEFENSE.  Manny kept us in the game for 5 periods of play and made some spectacular saves.

Had to vent.  Not happy right now.  We go a whole year without the greatest sport, ok the second greatest sport on earth and then we get this crap?  GRRRRRRRRRRR >:( >:( >:(  Step it up, boys!

LETS GO WINGS!

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Ryan

I hear ya, Poorboy.  All of those penalties in the first two periods prevented them from ever getting into the groove.  Also, if I am going to stay up that late to watch the game, they better win it!

-Ryan

canvsbk

In Shanahan's defense, he hasn't been on the ice that much BECAUSE OF PK!
Our boys need to play like this is hockey that matters. If the Oilers are going to trap the neutral zone.......what about all those rink wide passes? The trap doesn't work for Minnesota against the Wings because river hockey is how you beat it. Quit worring about them beating on Pavel and PASS THE PUCK!
Sorry,I tend to get a bit carried away with this, after all it is the Cup boys.
Look past what they want you to see.

MaizeNBlue

Before the game, I called PG and gave him my score prediction, got it right on, You don't want to know my prediction for game 4  >:(

McCarter

Whew!

Much better.  Finally, we see a little pep in the step of the Detroit Red Wings.  Last nights 4-2 vicotry over the Edmonton Oilers has restores my faith in the team.  Solid goal tending, near flawless penalty kills, outstanding power plays, big hits ( bet cleary is feeling that one this morning ) and hustle.  The perfect recipe for a Stanley Cup.

Our stars stepped it up a notch last night.  Robert Lang had a goal and 2 assists.  Lindstrom finally found net.  Shannahan had at least 6 shots on net.  Zetterberg has yet another goal, giving him 4 for the series so far. 

The officiating was nothing short of bogus.  19 penalties in the game.  some were good calls, most were horse crap, much like game 3.   That and the goal reviews slowed the game up quite a bit.  I was hoping to make it to bed before midnight, but that didnt happen. 

All in all, it was a good game and its nice to see the Wings tie up the series with 3 games to go and the next one back at the JOE!  Hopefully, Stevie will be up for the 3:00 pm game this Saturday.  Might have to reserve a seat at Hooters to watch it on the big screen.  I know, most of you lucky SOBs will be out fishing, legally.  But i will be working.  Sucks.  But good luck and posts some pictures and reports of the big ones.

Go WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoorBoy himself :-\'

canvsbk

Worst officiating I've seen all year. Just hate the make up calls.
Chelios had a bit of an attitude last night, good for him. Was also real happy to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg rolling again.
Now if Lang can keep it up and have Shanahan get going all should be well in Hockeytown!
Look past what they want you to see.