Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

A few notes from April 11, 2010 TBF of Michigan meeting

Started by djkimmel, April 11, 2010, 08:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

A few unofficial notes from the April 11, 2010 TBF of Michigan meeting from my personal meeting notes

Jeff Cox reported we have about $7,800 left in the general account after accounting for all known expenses

We have about 182 adult members

Youth - Brian Belevender
-Youth membership is down a little
-We are doing pretty good with boaters for the Jr state championship, could use a few more and we may still get a bunch of last minute members again as usual
-The MDNR will be on hand at the 2010 Pontiac Lake Jr state championship June 12th to do some fish sampling with the kids
-See the TBF Youth board here for information about a April 24th youth meeting at Brian's house
-Still need more shore volunteers for the Jr state championship, contact bbelevender@yahoo.com

Jeff Cox reported about the new TBF High School Fishing Club program, 6 kid members minimum and each high school can decide how to send 2 kids to the TBF high school national tournament, each kid has to supply a boat with a livewell of some type and take someone 21 years or older to be with them in the boat, kids can't have started their freshman year in college before they go, a TBF of Michigan contact for this new program will be announced.

July 11 state championship on Muskegon Lake
Clubs can start sending on their even number of boaters and nonboater entrants starting this Monday using the form online at michigantbf.com, No entry fee for persons who were a member by April 1, CUTOFF for entry is July 1, 2010

August 29 state championship on Lake St Clair
Clubs can also start sending in their even number of boaters and nonboater entrants this Monday using the form online at michigantbf.com, Entry was changed by a majority of presidents to $75 per angler with $10 of each entry going towards a 1st and 2nd big bass prize, CUTOFF for entry is August 16, 2010

Jon Jezierski brought up a number of things about how the state teams and qualifiers who go farther are funded. Discussion only. He also asked for a set plan to be provided for how any winnings of the state teams are given out. It was pointed out that this had previously been decided.

Dennis Beltz was thanked for his many years of service and for starting TBF of Michigan since this was his last meeting as a board member. Dennis did say he was still going to help with the youth work and accepted the membership chair position so member dues still go to him.

Board Elections
Board elections were held with each club getting 3 votes for 3 open board positions for Dennis Beltz' board position, a vacant board position and Anthony Adams board position.

Anthony Adams, James Hobson, Skip Johnson and Josh Kolodzaike were running for the three openings. Dennis Beltz and a new club president for Tulip City counted the secret ballots.

Winners were James Hobson, Skip Johnson and Josh Kolodzaike. Congratulations to the new board members. (I did learn that Skip Johnson ended up with the secretary position and Josh K was already the conservation director.)

Bylaws
The bylaw changes were presented with various options to approve based on the work of the bylaw committee. In the end, a strong majority of club presidents and board members voted to accept the new bylaws as written by the committee led by Ralph Blasey.

Guest Speaker Tips up for Troops
A short break was taken during the meeting to let a guest speaker Rick Briggs talk about Tips up for Troops (www.tips-up.com site is temporarily down), an event to take disabled veterans out fishing. The event needs more boats. It is also planned for June 12 (same day as our youth state championship) and TBF of Michigan has said we will try to provide overflow boats for this worthwhile event.

They need 40 to 50 boat volunteers for their event for a half day of fishing with disabled vets. The event will be at Kensington Metro Park on Kent Lake. There is a large pig roast, a midway and about 500 people show up.

There is also a Tips up for Troops benefit tournament in the works tentatively in August at Newaygo State Park (Hardy Dam Pond).

Next Meeting
The next TBF of Michigan meeting will be November 7, 2010. Three more board positions will be up for vote at the meeting. Get nominations in writing to Jeff Cox by October 1, 2010. According to the new bylaws, there will be three general meetings a year and clubs must make at least one meeting to be eligible for many benefits including state championship eligibility.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Good job on notes....

Good job by Jeff and the Board to keeping the meeting down to 90 minutes while still accomplishing the set agenda and allowing plenty of input from the floor....

jcox7

Dan,
Thanks for the notes great job!!!

Presidents:
Thanks for attending even though I do not know the best answer at the exact time they are asked I do take notes on them and I will try to get the best answers.  The new By Laws are a big change and I recomend all members to look at them they are on the web-site as proposed changes until we get the work all done but they are the ones to look at.  I have lots of new things to begin to remember.
Thanks for all the input and ideas that all of you come up with at the meetings and through emails.

Members:
For those who showed up thanks I think that it is great that there are people out there that want to see the direction the organization is heading.  Remember I take all ideas be it from members presidents or even non members in and see if there is a better way for us.

Officers and Directors
President  Jeff Cox
Treasury John Serinack
Vice President Jack Cahn
Secretary  Skip Johnson
Conservation Josh Kolozidke
Youth Brian Belevender
By Law James Hobson
Tournamnet Director  Dave Reault
Membership Dennis Beltz

There will be a few other committees put together in the next few weeks if anyone thinks of one there should be let me know and I will be making my decisions on two or three soon.

Jeff Cox
sorry about the names I know I choped them up.