Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

fenton lake

Started by bosshawg, April 25, 2006, 07:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

out to fenton lk this saturday - any suggestions??
we're to have our first club tournament 'golden rule' there in 3weeks. haven't been out there in abt 3yrs. i'm sure this cold spell not helping out too much, so those little fishies might be alright for the first day of C&R.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

5alive

Dnr and Sheriff have been enforcing the speed limit out there, so I would watch it!!!!
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

Bulletproof

I am haunted by waters.

bosshawg

speed limit would be??

to do some searching for areas, wet a lure or 2 or 3. got a favorite spot in main lake to check out. so will watch myself and not get to carried away w/speed. got to do that on 1st outing couple weekends ago w/maiden voyage for the season.

good luck to all w/the new C&R season. FISH ON!! :)

Michigan Bass Busters

fishon1219

Speed limit is 45mph. I would try the northeast end of the lake and near some spawning flats. The fish are probably ready to move up if they are not already there. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

I haven't been on Fenton since I was a preteen - so many boats on one lake... shouldn't be too bad this early or too hard to find some bass.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishon1219

Quote from: djkimmel on April 28, 2006, 12:25:15 AM
I haven't been on Fenton since I was a preteen - so many boats on one lake... shouldn't be too bad this early or too hard to find some bass.
they Had Boats when you were preteen? ;D
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

Yeah - I'm so ollllddddd. We called them dugouts... basically a big tree with a hold chopped out of the middle. Did not plane well.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

They did however start to plane better once we invented paddles.

You should see the old home hieroglyphics that I have of inventing life jackets though.  What a hoot.  Took several tries to realise that stones don't float.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bosshawg

since i started topic here - i'll finish report here.

got on water abt 9 in the a.m. and fished 'til 2. water very clear and high temp was 58 degs in the coves. nasty eastarly wind bothered all day. saw a bed or 2 but don't believe the fish have started the process yet. between the two of us in the boat got abt 10 fish in the 10-12" range. not a very good outing. hope yours all better.
did enjoy the day out there anywho. oh yeah, caught them on 4"senkos-wacky style and jerk baits - all largemouth.

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

I've heard for the past 7 or 8 years that Fenton is a challenge - mostly known for pontoon patterns and deep bass in the past. This time of year, some should be up shallow.

Shayne Cleveland

I went out there Sat and caught 9 fish. Two smallies and 7 largemouth. They were up but real skittish. The bigger ones were relating to docks and the cuts. The bedding ones were easily spooked but were catchable.

bosshawg

saw bedding fish??? didn't think that was possible w/the wind & waves. we pretty much cover alot of water and looked at many possible bedding areas. hopingly in 2weeks they'll be up for our 'golden rule'.

Michigan Bass Busters

Shayne Cleveland

Trust me they were up and on beds but were spooked very easily. You know (not locked on yet). But your right in the next week they should be locked on for good. I did pick off two up on beds. Smallmouth of course.

My eyes are better then I thought???

fiker

Quote from: Shayne Cleveland on May 01, 2006, 09:36:03 AM. The bigger ones were relating to docks and the cuts.

What's a cut?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

joshimoto son

Rick,

A cut is any creek channel or little bay that is off of the main lake, generally shallower more protected areas. They tend to warm up faster and provide good beding habitat for fish.

You been out lately?

Josh

bosshawg

i would also define cuts as openings in weed beds or irregularities in the shoreline. usually good for A bass waiting for a simple meal to come along.

Michigan Bass Busters

bosshawg

had our first club tournament (golden rule) yesterday here. 12 boats-24 anglers. saw many more beds than i had 2 weeks ago, but shallow ones were empty. caught a mess of bass & only 5 keepers. 3 for myself & 2 for co-angler. club had a couple of 20" fish caught, 1 being a 21" smallie. that took big fish. all in all a tuff day of fishing w/weather. most of our fish came on south end w/bigger ones in the canals. senko's wacky style and beaver baits got the most fish caught. got a second place for my efforts.

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Congrats on a nice finish during tough conditions.