Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lay Lake snow!!

Started by 1javelin, February 13, 2010, 11:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1javelin

Anybody been following the practice on Lay Lake??  Looks like they have been getting snow, extremely cold weather, and not many bites.  Looking at the pictures you can see snow in the boats, anglers bundled up like the Michelin man, and I even noticed the telltale white with red wrap rods in Scroggins boat!  Looks like Boyd got another on his Micro Magic rods!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Durand Dan

Quote from: 1javelin on February 13, 2010, 11:32:40 AM
Anybody been following the practice on Lay Lake??  Looks like they have been getting snow, extremely cold weather, and not many bites.  Looking at the pictures you can see snow in the boats, anglers bundled up like the Michelin man, and I even noticed the telltale white with red wrap rods in Scroggins boat!  Looks like Boyd got another on his Micro Magic rods!!

1jav
Apparently 49 of 50 states had snow on the ground yesterday according to the weather channel.

1javelin

Does that mean Hawaii didn't get any???

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

bassinman#1

Where are the global warming experts now? You do not hear Al Gore now!!!!

TCook

Ya its not global warming its climate change, Its a never ending cycle. Is it a coincidence that the northern seasons have been mild and down south its been colder all year? I doubt it
FISH HARD!!!

dartag

I watched the video of a the snow in Alabama on BASS.  I have pick up trucks sitting on the ice in front of my house.  I would gladly fish in a few snow flurries to see open water.

Durand Dan

Quote from: bassinman#1 on February 13, 2010, 04:11:36 PM
If you research the current situation you will find that the increased temps have led to higher humidity, thus more snow in the current storms

djkimmel

Quote from: 1javelin on February 13, 2010, 12:14:46 PM
Does that mean Hawaii didn't get any???

1jav

Apparently, Hawaii is the one holdout thought they do get snow each winter on their tallest volcanoes. Climatologists are saying El Nino is the cause for storms hitting the south so hard this winter.

49 states dusted with snow; Hawaii's the holdout
By SETH BORENSTEIN (AP)

Forget red and blue — color America white. There was snow on the ground in 49 states Friday. Hawaii was the holdout.

It was the United States of Snow, thanks to an unusual combination of weather patterns that dusted the U.S., including the skyscrapers of Dallas, the peach trees of Atlanta and the Florida Panhandle, where hurricanes are more common than snowflakes. Read Article

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bassinman#1

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 13, 2010, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: bassinman#1 on February 13, 2010, 04:11:36 PM
If you research the current situation you will find that the increased temps have led to higher humidity, thus more snow in the current storms
Increased temps? 1 degree increase in the earths temperature ain't JACK!!!!!!!!!!! We forget who is in control of this universe, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!    uh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

Fishmael

It doesn't take much precipitation to make 1" of snow.  Also, anyone remember 1978?  Also, it seems like every winter, our snowfall varies from a bunch to very little.  I think that some people have hung their hat on the global warming theory and they can come up with an explanation for every weather change and how that is caused by global warming.  I was looking at the high and low temperatures on record for Michigan the other day and it was curious that most of the high records were set in the early 1900's.  How does that work in the scheme of global warming? 

Team houston

I always thought having the Classic in February was a terrible idea. There will always  be a chance of bad weather(SUPRISE) not to mention it eliminates 75% of the country as a venue.

Fishmael

Which means they have to hold it in....get ready....big surprise coming...hint - bass was started here...another hint - rhymes with schmalamama...answer is...ALABAMA!  Another classic in Alabama!  What a great idea!

TCook

Quote from: Team houston on February 15, 2010, 01:20:28 PM
I always thought having the Classic in February was a terrible idea. There will always  be a chance of bad weather(SUPRISE) not to mention it eliminates 75% of the country as a venue.

Personally I like that they have the classic this time of year, the tougher the conditions the more likely the cream will rise to the top. That's the way it should be instead of having the classic at the prime time on the best fisheries like most want to see.
FISH HARD!!!

Dan

Actually the first official Ray Scott BASS tournament was the All American on Beaver Lake in Arkansas 1967, not Alabama. There have been eleven Classics in Alabama though. The next highest state to host the Classic is North Carolina with five Classics.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

LGMOUTH

But it was founded in Montgomery Alabama at least thats what I think Fishmael was getting at. I do like the classic in Feb but like Team Houston said it does take alot of water out of the picture. If they continue to keep it in the spring we will never see a classic anywhere up north. Thats just to bad since we have some great water in the north. I also think that the tougher the fishing the more you will see the better anglers prevail.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

thedude

with our stupid "bass season" we'll never see a classic, unless they have it in june
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Team houston

Cold nasty weather does not make the cream rise to the top. It just makes all the anglers miserable while trying to keep their hands warm. I still think it should be held in July, August or sept. Fish will be shallow and deep with multiple patterns working.

Fishmael

Yes, I meant Alabama was where BASS was founded, and so there has been a natural bent towards holding events there even now that it is owned by ESPN.  I also feel that there is a lot of great water up north that I would like to see the Classic held on.  But as long as the Classic starts the Elite series schedule, it will not happen.  Those 250's don't get going very well on ice.

thedude

Quote from: Team houston on February 16, 2010, 09:25:22 AM
Cold nasty weather does not make the cream rise to the top. It just makes all the anglers miserable while trying to keep their hands warm. I still think it should be held in July, August or sept. Fish will be shallow and deep with multiple patterns working.

there is a heightened risk of a lot of dead fish if they hold it in the south during that time.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Team houston

If they go South go Oct or Nov. It should be all over the country.