Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:23:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sonar Question

Started by fiker, April 19, 2006, 07:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

I have an Eagle Ultra Classic sonar unit.
When I turn it on, it beep-beeps and the screen goes all purple.  (Most of the time)
Sometimes when I turn it on, it works, for a while, and then goes blank.

Yesterday I noticed that when it's working, I can move the steering wheel right and left, and make the screen go dim and brighter.

Last night, I checked out all the wires.  All connections look good, and the wires look good. Anywhere wires were connected I cut them, and reconnected using new connecters. 

It is still acting up.

Any suggestions on what else to try? 
Any suggestions as to who might be the best guy around to take a look at it?
(I live near Ann Arbor in Dexter)
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

blakstr1

Not sure about the problem but if you ever log on to Bass Boat Central www.bassboatcentral.com and go to GPS Tips under the forum page, the moderator for that section is a Lowrance/Eagle genious to say the least.  You might want to post your questions there if nobody here can help.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

gnewski5

I had a Hummingbird that the screen would go purple then it would work again. Eventually it will just stay purple.

I would have to say the old Eagle is on her way out.

I did replace it with an Eagle and love it!

yukonjack2

Fiker:

I have some old eagle ulta sonar and x-ducers here at the house that did not get sold with my old boat - if you want to give em a try and see if it fixes your problem(assuming same color connectors-vintage), you are more than welcome too - are you gonna be at the swap saturday?

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Revtro

One other question... Did you leave it out in the cold all winter?  According to Lowrance, the LCD's can't handle extended periods of below freezing temps. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bass_Cat

If the screen goes dimmer and brighter when turning the steering wheel  you probably have a power supply problem or grounding problem. You should check these first.

Mark

fiker

Unit has never been left out in the winter.

For grounding, it only has to be to the battery correct?

Jack, this is an Ultra Classic, the connections on the Ultra are different.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390