Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

This is worth checking out!

Started by yukonjack2, April 17, 2006, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukonjack2

Guys:  let me ask you a question?  have you ever run into this issue before?  you buy a seasonal pass for your truck to many of the different taxing authorities (ok - not a political issue here - sorry) - metroparks, dnr, state parks, ...  and have em all littered on your truck windshield.  A buddy offers to take you fishing in his rig, or your rig is down for whatever reason and whammo - your sticker that you paid hard earned $$$ for is rendered useless,  and you are stuck paying the daily fee - well, check out this product before you place those decals on your windshield.

www.stickershield.com

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

MBell

I did that last year with a 1/8" clear piece of plastic, no problems until ranger rick over at orchard lake went nuts.  He made me take it off and gave me a new sticker.  I wouldn't have taken it off but there was a real cop there as well.  I tow with three cars so it may be worth it. 
-Matt

Revtro

I had to peel off two stickers just today and had to deal with the glue.  Looks like a trip to Ace Hardware or Advance Auto to buy some of these.  Thanks for the link Jack!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

DOWD

Make sure that you read the sticker carefully, most of the state and Metro parks are non transferable, which means car to car or truck to truck.

Dropshot

Just use some GLAD cling Wrap. Works great !
Joe

djkimmel

It pays to read the fine print, even if it isn't good news since none of use likes to pay. I did find that the MDNR will give you a new sticker for a new vehicle if you bring back the remnants of the old one because, say you had to buy another truck because your old truck died along the highway (permanently).

I just grin and bear the purchase of another sticker for a different vehicle though. I have enough weird occurences with law officers to go out and ask for one with any movable sticker device. I just want to get there and go fishing.

My luck - I'd run into the one officer testing the new sticker shield detector unit...;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

I'm just thinking of not having to get glue off of my windshield next year...not transferring to my other vehicle.  That's all.  Please don't think I'm advocating using one sticker on two vehicles.  I only have one truck anyway and generally don't use my wife's Jeep unless it's an emergency or my truck breaks down.  I always have to break out the "Goof off" to get the glue off and it kind of gets me high... Hey, am I missing something here?  A guilt free buzz?  Just kiddin'
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

Quote from: Revtro on April 18, 2006, 08:33:35 AM
I'm just thinking of not having to get glue off of my windshield next year...not transferring to my other vehicle.? That's all.? Please don't think I'm advocating using one sticker on two vehicles.? I only have one truck anyway and generally don't use my wife's Jeep unless it's an emergency or my truck breaks down.? I always have to break out the "Goof off" to get the glue off and it kind of gets me high... Hey, am I missing something here?? A guilt free buzz?? Just kiddin'

the nice lady at Kensington scrapes off the old ones for ya when you buy a new one....? she wields a mean razor knife.? we always smile at her...? ?looks like this year i will have to buy the boat metro sticker..

djkimmel

It's an interesting product. I get a little high off the goof off too every year. If I thought I wouldn't get accused of trickery, I might look at it. It isn't too expensive.

Myself, I wasn't accusing anyone of tomfoolery (no pun intended)... just lamenting about my own weird luck with anything like this that some people might use to be sneaky.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

yukonjack2

I am not advocating anything sneaky by any means - just irritating at the political process - If I can buy a season pass for myself for a fixed price - why does it matter which vehicle I use to enter with?  I feel the sticker should be affixed to your D/L, and stay with the person. makes no sense to charge by the vehicle IMO.  Anyhow, with all the different financial autohorities levying taxes for entry - metro, state, and dnr - I hate the glue removal process every spring, as well as the pain in the 3#$$%@# to replace them all after a gravel stone chip forces windshield replacement.  Its not one, but three every time.

Jack

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

fiker

For the Metro Park, we use clear plastic wrap.  When you rub it on your pants leg, it creates static electricity or something, and it stay attached.  I do this because I use two vehicles to get to the metro park, and because they seem to use a tougher glue than the other stickers. I don't like the Metro Park boat sticker, as that has to sit on the trailer, and it wants to remove paint off of it.

For the DNR and the State stickers, I just put 'em on the truck.

This year when I went to take them off they came off with no muss or fuss.  No glue left behind.  Iin past years, I've used the little razor blade scraper. 

I've found that WD 40 (the duck tape of lubricants) will dissolve the glue fairly easily.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

I've noticed that the DNR stickers come off very easily.  Perhaps they could share this amazing space age technology with the metro parks.   :-\'
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fishon1219

I have a funny story about the dnr access sticker. Several years ago i fished bellville lake in the tuesday night tournys and had the corner of my sticker folded under for easy removal the next season. I pulled into the ramp and was informed by the gate keeper that I needed a new sticker because that one was bent over. She replaced it and I folded the new on the same way. The following week same lady, same story. This went on for 6 weeks. Finally she says "When are you going to stop folding the corner of that sticker" To which i replied " As soon as you stop giving me new ones to fold" She gave up and just waived me through the rest of the season.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

SethV

I stick them on contact paper.  Heavier than the clear plastic wrap.  Get it good and flat, then trim the edges around the sticker.  It adhears well to the glass and you can't tell it is not the real sticker adhesive.  In the past (not so much right now) I was in a different tow vehicle every day, no way to use the same truck every time.  I pay my $$, not trying to cheat the system.  As long as I buy the sticker for me, and I am the one using it, I don't see why it would be a problem.  Makes the end of year removal easy also.

Seth V