Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Matteson Marine Open House Sat Feb 6, 2010 Featuring George Cochran, Joe Balog

Started by djkimmel, January 14, 2010, 01:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

The 2010 Matteson Marine open house is coming up very soon. This year professional bass anglers George Cochran and Joe Balog with headline the show for the bass guys, with Mark Martin returning to talk about walleye fishing.

The open house is Saturday, February 6 from 9 AM until 4 PM. Hopefully those great homemade cinnamon rolls will also make another showing. I'll have more details on specific plans soon.

Matteson Marine is a long time sponsor of GreatLakesBass.com and is located on the south shore of Gun Lake in Barry County - 12001 Marsh Rd., Shelbyville, MI 49344. C'mon over and say hello. Check out the great deals on Ranger Boats and many other choices. Listen to some excellent seminars. A great way to break up the cold winter some more.

PHONE: (269) 672-5292
FAX: (269) 672-9448
www.mattesonmarine.com

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

I'm starting my Matteson diet now Lt. Dan. I need to lose about 10 pounds because that's what I gained there last time I went. Those cinnamon rolls were awesome. What do they sell there?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Pretty much marina type stuff. Or are you asking about more food? ;D

I hope to lose 10 pounds next week in Brazil!!

Not!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on January 14, 2010, 01:58:11 PM

Not!

Well, the human head weighs about 10 lbs.  So you probably stand a good chance of loosing that weight.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Except... Some people have accused me of having a larger than normal head... Not sure what that means. Regardless I hope they have those rolls again at the open house. The seminars and boat deals should be pretty good too!!

Durand Dan

Quote from: djkimmel on January 14, 2010, 01:58:11 PM

Not!
Drink the water. That should help you drop at least 10lbs! ;D

Eric

Do they have vendors and stuff like Wonderland does, or is it just boats and seminars?
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Dan

You're right Lt. Dan I was referring to the food. They have boats and some other stuff but the besssttt cinnimon rolls and eats ever. I don't recall a lot of vendors there, but some. It's not a real big dealership size wise. I recall that Humminbird etc. was there and had a lot of good info.  They are the most hospitable and they have some great pros that are going to be there for seminars. Can't beat Balog and Cochran! Was there a Humminbird display at Novi. I didn't see one and my buddy is interested in one.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

BryanP

Humminbird did not have a separate booth at the show, but there were a few dealers with units for sale at the show.

There will be a Humminbird display at Matteson and also a Cannon/Humminbird display at the Grand Rapids show in March.

djkimmel

There are usually half a dozen or so manufacturer type information tables at the Matteson Marine open house. Sample units and models of various devices with personnel available that can answer your technical questions. There's been some nice seminars in the past also on things like side imaging.

And usually lots of good food. I will let everyone know as soon as I get more details though I will be out of touch next week (catching giant peacock bass... sorry)

Durand Dan

Last year they had some good seminars and some great deals on Rangers. They had some nice used sonar units also, along with thier offerings of marine equipment. I took the back way down there and it was a nice Sat. drive. Hot dogs, Sauages and Rolls too HMMMMMMMMMMMM ;D

djkimmel

Pkleppert

I just found out that George Cochran has to leave the Open House a little early to catch a flight.  He has to get back and practice for a tournament so his seminar will be at noon and he will be leaving around 1pm.  This should be a fun event and I hope to see a lot of guys there.  If you haven't met George, he's about as cool as they get.  Ask him about duck hunting and you'll really get him to talk!

PK

Pkleppert

Just reminding everyone that it's this Saturday.  George has to leave by 2PM so get there early.

PK

djkimmel

He's from duck hunting heaven, that's for sure. I plan on being there. I hope to see a bunch of familiar, friendly faces.

djkimmel

So who's going to battle a little cabin fever Saturday with me at Matteson? Dan? Durand Dan? Genie? Anyone from NBAA?

I usually see a lot of the anglers there that I otherwise only see on a lake somewhere later in the year.

Nice to see some of the new electronics and talk to the reps. Eat some good food. Swap some fishing stories (bet I can be forced to talk about Amazon peacock fishing). Check out some up close and personal seminars. See the latest boats and motors. Wonder if they'll have one of the new Yamaha 4 strokes there?? I'll have to check on that. 

LGMOUTH

I will be there, nothing else going on. Heck I might even learn something.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

djkimmel

Dan

I am in the midst of a 24 hour cinnamon roll cleansing diet in preparation for tomorrow. I intend to put a serious dent in the homemade goodies. I wonder how many they would let me eat before they threw me out. What a way to go!  I plan on arriving a little after 10.

Durand Dan

I think we will be there. My wife liked the idea of the country ride.