Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Boat launch permits

Started by Firefighter Jeff, January 13, 2010, 11:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Can someone please tell me how to purchase a seasonal pass for the Crocker launch on St. Clair??  I fished there last May during the week  for four straight days, and there was never anyone there at the booth. 

Two springs ago, there was no one at the booth the first day, but the second day I was able to purchase a permit.  I mistakenly thought it was good for all the launches on the West side of St. Clair. Reality hit the third day of that trip when I had to pay $10 at the 9 mile launch.  lolol   Thanks in advance for the help.     Jeff

djkimmel

We need to standardize names for launches first of all. Maybe I will take that upon myself before winter is over. The "Standardize Launch Ramp Names" Committee. :D

I can't keep which one is which straight with all the different names. Isn't Crocker the MDNR ramp aka Ballard St aka the spillway aka several other names? I believe so which means you can buy an MDNR boating access site permit anywhere in Michigan at any manned MDNR ramp (non state park though) that is good at any MDNR, non-state park ramp (gotta have a state park permit for those, at least until the passport bill passes fully and takes affect... maybe next year).

That would include Ballard St, Harley Ensign (aka Clinton River aka South River Rd, etc :D), Selfridge MDNR, Fair Haven MDNR, North Channel MDNR and Marine City - any MDNR managed non-state park ramp in the state. That is a pretty good deal if you fish around.

Many of the other ramps on Lake St. Clair are managed by cities and townships, or private. Those are all separate entities, pretty much all having their own separate pay requirements. Some say they are limited to residents too though I see that is not always strictly enforced.

With my luck, I just stick to the one permit for MDNR ramps and launch from those. I know many anglers have their favorites. Little holes here and there they can sneak in and out of ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

huston

MDNR website has those permits fro the season for $24.00 dollars.

Durand Dan

Here is a link to the Boat Access Directory on the DNR site. We really need everyone to use the correct names. It eliminates confusion ;D

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_10884-65805--,00.html

dartag

88.00   bucks pretty well covers it.

DNR                  24
State park         20
Metro Park         20
Metro Park Boat  24

:'( :'(

Durand Dan

Quote from: dartag on February 24, 2010, 12:32:50 PM
88.00   bucks pretty well covers it.

DNR                  24
State park         20
Metro Park         20
Metro Park Boat  24

:'( :'(
I think the State Park is $24 also. So your grand total is $92 which doesn't include Lake Lansing which is an Igham County park $50

djkimmel

Well... I was going to go with the standardization committee... but ebond says no...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

VinceR

The Metro Park permits went up this year. The vehicle permits are now $25.00, and the Launch Permits are $30.00 (per the Metro park website).

mikesmiph

stackenem

Looks like we need to find a couple of senior citizens to buy our metro park stickers at those prices. Couple more years and I am there.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

dartag

I was going to say " About " 100.00 but figured someone would correct me. ;D ;D ;D

djkimmel

You would probably be correct... or incorrect. Now I'm not sure.

Got Fish??

both permits may be obtained at any state or mdnr launch or at any mdnr office or at the outdoor rama this week. As far as how much thay cost. whats the difference, buy one and go fishing!

stackenem

So what is the correct name of the launch that I keep hearing called Crocker?
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fiker

This is from the DNR site

Clinton river cutoff boating access site 50-7, section 30, T2N R14E, Macomb county.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bigjc

Quote from: stackenem on February 25, 2010, 05:49:13 PM
So what is the correct name of the launch that I keep hearing called Crocker?

I have asked this b4, but where is it?

fiker

"both permits may be obtained at any state or mdnr launch or at any mdnr office "

I used to get both at the MDNR office on Chilson Rd.   Last year when I tried, they had the state park sticker, but not the DNR boat launch sticker.  They said they non longer carried them, because it wasn't in their jurisdiction or something.

I was however able to get both at the DNR office on the corner of Grand River, and Kensington Rd. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

mikesmiph

They sell them both at Pontiac Lake too.