Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Special Grandt Rods Promotion Only at the Ultimate Fishing Show for Members

Started by djkimmel, January 02, 2010, 07:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Jim Grandt has offered, on top of the already steep discounts available by buying Grandt Rods direct at the Ultimate Fishing Show, an additional $15 off when you buy any rod and reel, or $10 off when you buy any reel. They sell Pflueger reels.

Savings on All American Pro Series Grandt Rods by buying with this special deal at the Ultimate Fishing Show is $55.00 off retail.

You can save as much as $100 on the XLH70 rods by buying at the Ultimate Fishing Show as apposed to buying retail online. The XLH70 series rods are 78 million high modulus, linear graphite for the ultimate in sensitivity and performance!!

You must purchase at the Ultimate Fishing Show from Grandt Rods. You can purchase as many as you want. American made quality fishing rods with a lifetime warranty!

To get the $15 off a rod and reel, or $10 off a reel, you must prove you are a GreatLakesBass.com member by providing your member username to Jim Grandt or the sales person you work with.

And please, regardless of what you buy or not, please stop by the huge Grandt Rods display and thank them for sponsoring GreatLakesBass.com!! Very important.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

River Rat

I've got "a checkbook and a cell phone" too and will be buying a dropshot "combo" this wknd!
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

djkimmel

I have 5 Pflueger spinning reels. Excellent value to price ratio. MadWags picked out a Grandt drop shot rod for me last year. 7 1/2 footer that I ended up using for a lot of light tubing more than anything since I like 7 1/2 footers for that.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MIBassKid

That's funny that they carry Pluegers because I was looking at getting one of their rods while also looking at buying a President for drop shotting.

MadWags

Quote from: River Rat on January 02, 2010, 08:15:08 PM
I've got "a checkbook and a cell phone" too and will be buying a dropshot "combo" this wknd!

LOL!
Right on brother!

I have been using the President reel as well and am very pleased with it.
The President is on an XLH70 Reserve Power 7' Lite Action. 6lb Fireline Crystal with 6ft - 10lb Flourocarbon leader attached with a small barrel swivel to prevent twist when dropshotting.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Make sure you say hi to MadWags at the HUGE Grandt Rods booth. He helped me pick out several new fishing rods last year so I know he can help anyone.

dartag

Quote from: MadWags on January 03, 2010, 08:04:22 AM

LOL!
Right on brother!

The President is on an XLH70 Reserve Power 7' Lite Action. 6lb Fireline Crystal with 6ft - 10lb Flourocarbon leader attached with a small barrel swivel to prevent twist when dropshotting.

do you reel the swivel through the guides??  I use a swivel but with a 3 foot leader. 

Skulley

And I thought they were giving them away for free.    ;)

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Quote from: dartag on January 03, 2010, 07:03:21 PM
Quote from: MadWags on January 03, 2010, 08:04:22 AM

LOL!
Right on brother!

do you reel the swivel through the guides??  I use a swivel but with a 3 foot leader. 

No I just have really long arms!
I have it set so that the swivel is at the top guide when the hook is placed in its keeper.
This makes the leader 5-6ft. For tubes and such I do not use a leader. I tie direct to the bait.

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

River Rat

Wags,

How's that "Lite" vs. a ML on power and/or sensitivity?!  May I ask the reasons for going this route?  Pros?  Cons?  This is gonna be my first Grandt and am full of questions.  I'm confident in my fishing abilities but still ask questions like it's my first time around the block.  Sometimes I sound like a novice (and truly am in the bigger scheme) but I don't care as long as I'm learning.

Maybe you can answer my "?s" after I'm done in the GLB booth and can go lighten up that checkbook!

Thanks,
Scott

Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

MadWags

Come see me at the show and I can use the rods, in your hands, to explain. 8) :)

MIBassKid

Dave or Dan, what size President do you use on your drop shot rod?

Durand Dan

I think everyone should take advantage of this show special. And I'm not just looking at the price.
This is my story which unfolded yesterday at the show. I had purchased a Wilderness North casting rod from Gapen's at last year's and before I had a chance to use it one of the guides was broken due an accident which was totally my fault. Of course I was bummed. I contacted the company to see if I could send it in for repair at my cost. They didn't want to listen to me in any way shape or form. Yeasterday after having the rod sit in my basement for over a year I took it to the Gapen's booth at the show and and again asked if I could have them repair it at my cost. Their response, "Can't you find someone local to fix it?" I left it at their booth with the intention of just forgetting about it. Later I spoke with Denny from Drop Shot Denny's and he mentioned that he had a repair person in his booth. I picked up the rod, lettiing Gapen's know I was really disapointed in thier reaction. Dan (D.J.) has repaired the rod for a very small fee and I will pick it up Saturday.
My conclusion. Buy from a company like Grandt which backs their products. Again, I would not expect a company to fix a rod which I broke for free. But I would expect service for a product a company built!

macbass

thanks dan and the rod is already back at the GLB booth..behind the nemisis board...see you saturday

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

MadWags

If that was a Grandt Rod and you brought it into the Grandt booth it would have been repaired on the spot free of charge regardless of how it was broken or who's fault it was. ;D

Durand Dan

Quote from: MadWags on January 08, 2010, 09:27:53 AM
If that was a Grandt Rod and you brought it into the Grandt booth it would have been repaired on the spot free of charge regardless of how it was broken or who's fault it was. ;D
I had a feeling that would be the case ;D

MIBassKid

Ended up buying a 6'6" ML All American Series yesterday. Very impressed with the rods! And hey lets face it, if George Bush Sr. was impressed with the rods why shouldn't we be?!  ;D The booth looked pretty awesome too.  The guys on the floor were very helpful and knew what they were talking about. First hand experience really helps with buying a new rod. Cant wait for spring now!

Luke

djkimmel

Quote from: MIBassKid on January 08, 2010, 03:08:05 AM
Dave or Dan, what size President do you use on your drop shot rod?

I don't remember the exact number, but it is the middle size reel for most of my use. I have just one of the smaller spinning reels for panfishing. Too small for the Great Lakes or up north anyway.

MadWags