Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

So what will happen at the next meeting?

Started by ebond, December 17, 2009, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameraguy

Quote from: ebond on December 23, 2009, 07:44:18 PM
I am disappointed that Mike has chosen to continue with an extremely personal and highly unproductive tone in this forum. This does not appear to be an appropriate environment for sharing ideas before our general meeting. Nonetheless, I am confident that a few GLB forum readers can appreciate the benefits of having a discussion here.

Quote from: Mike Nolan on December 23, 2009, 05:39:36 PM
Your use of the word; "sufficient" is proof of your delusional thinking...federation tournaments are for amateur fishermen...What is reasonable is based on what the federation can afford to fairly allocate to individual team members. For some reason you feel you are entitled to more money than what these federations have determined they will give to team members.

Sorry, let me rephrase my statement so that Mike does not feel unappreciated, AGAIN...

Quote from: ebond on November 11, 2009, 11:48:19 AM
...The state team needs roughly $11,000 to cover the costs of lodging, travel fuel, team shirts, and boat fuel and oil...

These figures may not be perfect, but they are close to accurate for the purpose of this discussion. Mike is quick to criticize me for wanting to ensure that state team members will not have to pay their own way, but he does not deny the actual cost of the program.

I believe TBF of MI should consider the costs to its members when planning all of their programs, including the state team program. Unfortunately, TBF of MI has a tradition of burdening a small minority of its members with time consuming and costly programs. Belonging to our organization should benefit, rather than burden, our members.

Lets hope that optimistic members like myself will have an opportunity to express our concerns at the meeting without having to endure baseless criticism and blatant disrespect. That is certainly not the case here. 8)

Since you started this thread by calling a similarly titled thread, "...a senseless mosh pit", you are not only inconsistent and hypocritical(by claiming that you have to, "...endure baseless criticism and blatant disrespect...", as if calling another thread/discussion, "...a senseless mosh pit", is not blatant disrespect), but either disingenuous, delusional, or just a plain rabble rouser.  It's getting pretty obvious that it is not your intent to add anything constructive, but rather to raise the ire of members of this board.  What makes this most obvious is your claim that the money given to the state team is not sufficient, but still supporting the no-entry-fee State Championship and your refusal to answer questions about how this seeming illogic works somehow in your world.  

Please tell me how throwing out $5,000 (50 entries x $100-a low number) and just using membership dues will lead to you getting more money for the State Team?

motocross269

I think there are too many "Personal agendas" being pushed here...ROI group if you want to run a series then do it...I think you have a shot on the west side but the rest of the state is already saturated with tournaments in our short tournament season...Knock yourself out, nobody wishes you bad luck we are just giving you our personal opinion based on what we have seen....Maybe you can prove us wrong..That would be OK with me...

Eric, You don't need to push or defend the boards actions here....Time will tell and most of us are willing to help out and see where it goes....No one should get PO'd because someone questions an organizations direction...If that was the case Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the GOP mouths would have been hung last December....I talk and email with Jeff and I think he is generally sincere in what he wants to accomplish, my advice would be to let actions speak for themselves..We will know soon enough if the Plan will work....To be honest I have my concerns but I am along for the ride...(I helped to put together one of the new clubs so I am dragging 6 of my buddies with me)

My only question getting somewhat back to the original post is TBF still doing a booth at the Novi Show??? I haven't heard anything about staffing that....

jerkin

Moto, What the hell does the number of posts and my membership date have to do with anything? I like to read what's going on here mostly and lately like i said before, there seems to be a  very negative vibe here and a bunch of crybabies. Although i am not a bass pro like your self and have over a 1000 posts here i still am entitled to speak my openion here as you are. Cry on, cry on i am out.

Skip Johnson

Please tell me how throwing out $5,000 (50 entries x $100-a low number) and just using membership dues will lead to you getting more money for the State Team?
[/quote]

Unless Im reading your post wrong it sounds like your saying that Eric had something to do with eliminating the entry fee for the state championship and he expects membership $ only to support the state team ?

From what I understand it was a decision that the new president and board came up with and Eric does not hold a board position, in addition it is my understanding that the state team money will only be partialy funded if any by dues and the state team will be funded by fund raisers and the sales of sponsor merchandise/certificates...ya know...the sponsor merchandise that USED to disappear under the old regime  ;)

There is ALOT of $ in sponsor merchandise money allready earned and more is coming, am I sold on the new plan ?...nope but the old plan sureley wasnt working and IMO the state team was under funded, as Brian said time will tell and being a nay sayer isnt going to help the new plan but thats obviousley some peoples personal agenda  >:(

I think the no entry state TX idea came up becouse its hard to sell a $100 no payback TX to someone and tell them that if you finnish in the top 13 it will cost you another $500 to go to regionals.

by the way...Eric does have some good sound business ideas once in a while like financial records, accountability, organization of board positions and commitie chairs and a fully funded state team plus hes a friend of mine Mark so chuck me under the "lets run over Eric bus" too  :D

If you think financial records, accountability and organization and a fully funded state team shouldnt apply to TBF inc ive got some prime swamp land in Florida for sale!
Go Big or Go Home!

Skip Johnson

Quote from: jerkin on December 24, 2009, 02:02:01 PM
Moto, What the heck does the number of posts and my membership date have to do with anything? I like to read what's going on here mostly and lately like i said before, there seems to be a  very negative vibe here and a bunch of crybabies. Although i am not a bass pro like your self and have over a 1000 posts here i still am entitled to speak my openion here as you are. Cry on, cry on i am out.

Dude Ive known Brian for years and he has never declared or acted like he thinks he is a pro, he has a beutifull bass cat thats TX ready but still chooses to fish as a co, do you have ANY idea how dumb you just made yourself sound...and realy bro...who's crying ?
Go Big or Go Home!

motocross269

Quote from: jerkin on December 24, 2009, 02:02:01 PM
Moto, What the heck does the number of posts and my membership date have to do with anything? I like to read what's going on here mostly and lately like i said before, there seems to be a  very negative vibe here and a bunch of crybabies. Although i am not a bass pro like your self and have over a 1000 posts here i still am entitled to speak my openion here as you are. Cry on, cry on i am out.

Really, my comments towards you have absolutely nothing to do with my or your fishing ability and I will be the first one to tell you I am the farthest thing from a Pro....It has more to do with an established history of contributing to this site...I would take more stock in your last post if you had shown some type of history of constructive or positive comments intended for the good of the forum...I really didn't see much of that when I read the history of your last 29 posts.....

You have to remember that alot of guys on this site fish and know each other pretty well.....I show these guys respect and we all pretty much know where we stand with each other, most of these guys I consider friends in fishing....I don't think you have seen me make a personal attack on anyone on this site...I would expect the same in return...

Cast and Blast...Thx

djkimmel

Lets take a time out and count to ten on this thread please. Merry Christmas.
Dan

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.