Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

1157 or 997

Started by jim 2row, December 10, 2009, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim 2row

Was wondering what you guys think? I have the 997 in the back was wondering what you guys think if I should get the 1157 or another 997 for the front. Just dont know haw much I would use the side imaging in the front except for night fishing. But would love the bigger screen for split screen between gps and sonar. But would like some input from guys that im sure have have both setups. Thanks alot guys.

djkimmel

The bigger screens is really nice. Do you have enough room up front?

Thanks for joining BTW.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BryanP

Bigger is always better when it comes to fishfinder/gps displays.  I ran an 1197 at the console and 997 at the bow last year, but I rarely used SI up front.  The 1157 would be great up front if you have thr room.  I know Jonathon Vandam ran an 1157 on the bow all year last year and he's running the same again this year.  Just make sure you get the biggest RAM mount you can find (2 1/4" ball).

kgr624

Ran a 1197 at console and a 798 up front. Didn't use SI much up front. If you turn trolling motor it distorts the picture. But man was the 1197 nice at the console. If I had the money I would put a 997 up front, but I think 1197 might just be too big for me.

Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

jim 2row

One other question. Fish Erie 90 % of the time, was wondering how bad they get beat up, up front. I have a 21' skeeter so I think I have enough room. The other thing is with the new down imaging do you think I would use the 997 more up front? Im ok with 2 997 up front I just thought it would be sweet with the big screen for split screen. Wont be ice fishing till I get everthing figured out cause I want to get it done before I move on to ice fishing then next spring comes and Im not ready. Ive been known for dragging my feeet if I dont finish something.

BryanP

Most guys, myself included, remove the front graph for real long runs where I know it's gonna be rough (like running to Pelee).  Most of the time I just lay the RAM mount flat and tighten it as tight as I can and it's fine. 

I have not had a chance to use Down Imaging yet, so I can't answer that question.  But I suspect it will have applications on the trolling motor, how much you'll use it is your call. 

djkimmel

I like pictures. I would probably use it quite a bit.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on December 12, 2009, 03:51:42 PM
I like pictures. I would probably use it quite a bit.

Would be easier to find those rock piles (that you say are there) on St. Clair!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Yes. And there are plenty of rock piles. Though some of them I have never caught a decent bass off of... but then some of them... well, I like them a lot!

jim 2row

Ended up going with the 997 for the front too. Wasnt sure what the downimaging was going to be like so didnt want to be bumbed out that i didnt get it. Plus im sure I would be able to break the 1157. Thanks for all the input.

BryanP

Heck, why not just put an 1197 on the front too  ;D