Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The ball is rolling - meeting coming up

Started by djkimmel, April 12, 2006, 12:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The first Michigan TBF meeting has been set - thanks for Wonderland Marine West for providing a meeting place for us.

Plan on Saturday, April 22 at 5 PM for a startup meeting of the Michigan TBF. We will be deciding on how we will set board members, bylaws, dues, and get information out to members and clubs who want to join.

If you are an individual who wants to help organize or choose the direction of the Michigan TBF in some way (in any way), or who wants to join a TBF club, or a rep from a club that wants to join, please make every effort to attend this meeting.

We should have rosters and other information to hand out to clubs and members who want to join. We will have some information from TBF and FLW Outdoors on hand, and maybe even some goodies - you never know.

Please - if you are in a club, or know of a club, or members that may want to join, get the word to have at least one person come to this meeting to help kick the new Michigan TBF off.

We expect exciting sponsorship and programs to come on board throughout the year and on into next season.

Wonderland Marine West is located at:
5796 E GRAND RIVER AVE
HOWELL MI 48843
800-226-3050

Located between Howell and Brighton just off I-96 near the south end of Lake Chemung.

Exit 145 from the East.

From the West, you can go to the same exit and cut back, or get off on D19/Pinckney Rd exit 137 north into Howell. Turn right on Grand River and go about 5 miles to WMW. (I like to run down to 145 and cut back rather than go through Howell.)

Map courtesy of Lakemaster

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I realize this bumps up against the swap meet - really sorry about that, but this is the date and time the meeting worked out. Maybe the swap can go on a little longer or a little later if anyone wants to be at the TBF meeting too. Not sure if I'll make it over afterwards or not yet. Depends on how the meeting goes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bcbasser

www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace

5alive

Seems like a good prelude to the swap meet. I will be there for the TBF meeting but would still like to make the Swap Meet. I think meeting room "H" stays open later!!!
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

yukonjack2

I plan on attending as well - can we move the swap to after the TBF meeting - same location though? 

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

MBell

Hey guys, don't think I can make the meeting I should be on the water.  Let me know how things work out and whats going on, my club may be interested. 
-Matt

Revtro

With the TBF meeting taking place, it seems like a wise idea to move the time of the swap meet.  Or just change the weekend.  The problem of doing it later is sunlight.  I don't think we can get a room in Conf. Room H to do the swap meet in.  So maybe we should change weekends.  The TBF meeting would likely cut our turnout in half, I'd guess.  Let's discuss this in the swap meeting thread.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

robtheboatman

Conference room H stays open very late.  I'll be there after the meeting.  If anyone needs more specific direction's, give me a call.
Rob

djkimmel

Sorry Rev, but I know from the next weekend on, no one will show for a meeting - we'll all be fishing.

Revtro

No apologies needed.  This isn't a "Revtro" thing.  I did post some other options in the other thread though...
http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=559.new#new
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

More on this soon, but we formed a 5-member planning committee to get some things setup and drafted for the new Michigan TBF. The committee is myself, Dennis Beltz, Anthony Adams, Chris Williams and Dave Reault.

We'll have another meeting in about a month to finalize what this committee comes up with between now and then. I'll post the details in the next two days (I believe it was May 18 6:30 PM at Wonderland Marine West, but I need my notes to be sure.)

Looks like we will name the new federation - The Bass Federation of Michigan - as long as their are no conflicts or issues from anyone.

We need some experts willing to help out and/or give advice on accounting and maybe legal if the need arises. We are looking for a few people who might want to be on the new board and/or help out with areas such as youth, conservation, sponsorship, secretary, treasurer/accounting.

I'll have more before the end of the day Monday.

bcbasser

Dan,

I was thinking and I would bet thatthe TBF would have resources for the workings of the charter and creation of the organizarion or at least knowledge of such. Just a thought...
www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace

blakstr1

there is a link on the TBF website that offers example by-laws and other recommendations for forming...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

robtheboatman

Whoever left their Solar  Bat sunglasses at the meeting, give me a call, I have them.
Rob

Pkleppert

Dan, thanks for taking the lead on this, FLW is excited about the TBF and I think you will see great things going forward with them.  Sorry I missed your meeting.

I was in Flippin last week and confirmed that Ranger will be on board with the Michigan TBF but it will be part of a national sponsorship, the details haven't been worked out yet.  I will personally join the TBF in show of support and as soon as I get some details on Ranger's package, I will let everyone know.

Congratulations to all who are involved and thanks for your support.

Pat Kleppert

yukonjack2

Dan:

I'll do what I can to help.   Put me on the CC list for e-mails between now and the meeting on the 18th.   see ya there when I get back from KY.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them