Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

November fishing

Started by chrisvmo, November 11, 2009, 04:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisvmo

Monday I was up north scouting some hunting land when I called waterfoul to talk about some rods. Just so happend that he was out fishing on a lake about 10 minutes from me so we joined up on a different lake "my favorite of all time" and Waterfoul took me to school. I have been pretty sceptic about catching fish right now but not anymore. Mike pulled some toads I think 4 or 5 that where all right at or over 4 lbs. If you have those pics you should post them mike. all in all it was a great unexpected day on the lake.

Waterfoul

Pics are on my computer at home... but lets see if this works:  this was the biggest at 4 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches.  All my fish came on a DT6 (other than the one I lost on the drop shot! LOL!!!)  I would also add that all the fish we caught SLAMMed our baits.  Very aggressive and very fat fish.

This one went 3 lbs 11 oz.

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Are they still killing all the weeds on the lake? Or letting some live?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on November 11, 2009, 07:48:46 PM
Are they still killing all the weeds on the lake? Or letting some live?

During the summer they pretty much kill every weed thru most of this particular lake.  But this time of year there are actually some weeds in the lake.  All our fish pretty much came on the breaks in around 8-12 feet of water.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

chrisvmo

I dont think they sprayed this year but it sucks that they are trying to turn a great fishing lake into a boating lake. How did you know the lake mr. K.

djkimmel

I have spies everywhere... ;D

Never been on the lake. It's a part of the state I am woefully behind in my research on.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on November 11, 2009, 08:13:49 PM
I have spies everywhere... ;D

Never been on the lake. It's a part of the state I am woefully behind in my research on.

Well, next time you're over here let me know and I'll get you on it.

djkimmel

Hmmm... big largemouth bass... okay. ;D

I'll add it to the list with Reeds Lake. Now that I think about it... I didn't even make it to Hardy this year? How did that happen?

Waterfoul

Well, you didn't miss much at Hardy this year.  In my opinion Hardy sucked this year!!  Many, MANY other lakes fished MUCH better.  Like Reeds... and Chris's "secret" lake!!

fasttrack

So, partner, why no invites to go fishin with ya this fall? I'm only a call away...
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

BryanP

November is my favorite month to fish!  Two quick trips to a little lake I fish only in the late fall has already produced a 5-4, 4-14, and 4-8 largemouth. Caught well over 100 smallies up north this past weekend too.  Weighed lots of 4's and a half dozen 5's  ;D

djkimmel

I was just wondering if your late fall fishing had started Bryan. Answers that question!

Waterfoul

Quote from: fasttrack on November 12, 2009, 09:35:54 AM
So, partner, why no invites to go fishin with ya this fall? I'm only a call away...

I just figure you are planting your fall crops on the "farm."  LOL!!  Most of my fall trips are on Mondays... take this coming Monday off and we'll head up there!

fasttrack

Very tempting - maybe I could. I'll call ya Sat to discuss.

Down to just the goats right now. No new pigs till April. This seasons pigs, chickens and turkeys are in the freezer! In fact we had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches last night!

My barn addition is well under way. Now have an overhead door and can park my boat in it. The new camper lean-to has the roof going on as we speak.
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Waterfoul

Quote from: fasttrack on November 12, 2009, 02:16:09 PM
Very tempting - maybe I could. I'll call ya Sat to discuss.

Down to just the goats right now. No new pigs till April. This seasons pigs, chickens and turkeys are in the freezer! In fact we had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches last night!

My barn addition is well under way. Now have an overhead door and can park my boat in it. The new camper lean-to has the roof going on as we speak.

Sweet... I'll bring my boat over so you can store it for me!

djkimmel

You can't store your boat yet... the lakes haven't froze hard! Of course I forgot you fish a lot on Mondays.

Firefighter Jeff

Hey Mike, if Marc can't make it, I might be able to get away for some fishing.   ;D   Then I'd owe you TWO trips  lol

Waterfoul

Well, I have at least two fishing trips yet... Sunday and Monday.  Not sure on where yet, but at least one of those days will be to the "secret" lake.

Fished Reeds this morning... one pike, one dink bass, one 15-16" bass.  All on small jigs.

Firefighter Jeff

Sorta glad to hear you are human after your report from today.  You better get back to the "Secret" Lake  lolol

Waterfoul

Quote from: FF Jeff on November 13, 2009, 07:25:06 PM
Sorta glad to hear you are human after your report from today.  You better get back to the "Secret" Lake  lolol

Human?  I'm insulted!!  LOL!!!   ;D

Either Sunday or Monday I'll be back up there, count on it!