Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Pro-Air Bubbler system

Started by canvsbk, April 06, 2006, 05:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canvsbk

I'm thinking about installing a Pro-Air stone bubble system in my boat.
GOOD OR BAD??
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

I put it in my boat several seasons ago. It definitely hasn't seemed to hurt. I think it may help some even. On long runs, I pump my livewells completely full, plug the overflow off and turn on the Pro-air with a little Please Release Me in there. I've had very good results.

Get some extra stones from Fish stores. The part on top of the stones that goes into the hose sometimes breaks.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

I plug my wells all the time and use a bubbler, you save a lot of weight by not running around with all that water.  I didn't buy the pro air system, just bought a pump some stones from the fish aquarium isle at wal-mart and tubing.  Only cost around $30 dollars.  I also like it because the air pump is much quieter than the aerator.  I leave it running all day and change the water a few times.  I've heard that good bubblers more than double the oxeygen content of the water. 
-Matt

Dan

Okay, I need more info. How and where do you run the tubing. Does it mean cutting and drilling and where do you switch the pump? How big is the pump? Different sizes available? I like the idea and would certainly consider anything that helps sustain and increase the odds for the fish I keep in my livewells. Have increased the size of my aerator pumps and man they shoot a lot of air into my water now.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MBell

I had to put a new switch on my dash and run wires.  I mouted the pump behind my livewells in the battery area.  I then ran tubes into my livewell and to the stones.  I drilled holes near the top of the livewell so water doesn't leak.  The stones break the air into smaller bubbles, and as they rise oxeygen is absorbed into the water.  The smaller bubble allow more oxeygen to be absorbed into the water. 
-Matt

Dan

But, what happens if your are the type of guy that when it comes to mechanical things you need to stick to sock puppets.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

You're talking about me again, aren't you. I installed the Pro-Air in my boat and didn't do any long term lasting damage (as far as I know). Just put some white goo around the air tube after you run it through the hole near the top of the livewell (livewell side and battery box side).

The Pro-Air came with a holder for in the well that the hose runs through and into the stone - it holds the stone too. Just glued the holder to the back of the live well. Not sure how Matt did his homemade job...

If you get stuck somehow, break out the sock puppets...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.