Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt/Mullett lakes in mid-October?

Started by slowmo, September 26, 2009, 12:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmo

I was thinking of going up to fish Burt/Mullett lakes in about 2 weeks or so.  Has anyone bass fished up there in mid-October and if so do you think it would be worth the cost and time?  I'd like to put my girlfirend on a lake up there where she has a really "good shot" at a master angler size smallmouth.  Perhaps you know of some other lakes (not so far north) that may offer good bass fishing for "big" smallies right now.  We'd rather fish some smaller lakes (less than 2000 acres) which would allow more fishing time and "less" running time.   Let me know what you think and if a short trip up to B/M would be worth it at this time (mid-Oct) of fall.  Just saw the weather and they're saying a big cold front will hit next week (highs only 50/60's here...less up north) so I assume the water temps will plummet down around 60 degrees and that may mean the bass will "finally" start snapping again!  Well I have a few weeks to plan this short bass fishing trip so any/all help you can offer would be most appreciated.  Thanks again and "good catchin" (or bow-hunting) to you all, Slowmo.  P.S. you can send a PM if you like too, thanks.

djkimmel

I will be up there on my annual trip from Oct 1 through Oct 5. Mid-October might be a little slower, but still a great shot at really big bass. You could get snow... or 60 to 70 degrees. You just never know that time of year.

I've been up there every fall sometime between the end of September and middle of October for many years now. I've fished in (or survived ;D) about every kind of weather. But all those big bass have been worth it. On warming trends, the fishing has been unbelievable to pretty slow on really cold weeks. Usually have a strong wind period of 1 to 3 days up there if I stay a whole week too.

There are other small lakes up there in that case. Crooked and Pickerel are on the same chain and can be really good in the fall just tossing spinnerbaits.

Anytime you go up north that time of year, you are at the mercy of the weather patterns, but I do love being up there. Even in 6 inches of snow... ;D Very peaceful and clean.

The new video about burning spinnerbaits was shot on Mullett Lake in the 1st week of October a few years ago during a warming trend. Had one real slow year between the 1st and 2nd week when a lot of wind, rain and snow came in, but a week later that year, a friend went up during a short warming trend and hammered them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

brg_bassmaster

Whenever i come home from leave in october its usually around mid october me and my buddy catch some big smallies out of sanford and wixom lakes. spinnerbaits are the ticket everytime.