Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big Muskie

Started by MadWags, July 13, 2009, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadWags

I caught this Muskie in the NBAA St. Clair Double Barrel Shoot Out Saturday 7-11-09.
I was throwing a Berkley Frenzie lipless crank on the Grandt Rods All American 7' Crank Stick using 12lb mono. We boated the fish after an explosive battle. The fish was photographed, revived and released in the lake to fight another day.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Did he have a tube in his mouth...??? If yes, I would like the hook back please... (I lost that hook on a 7 1/2 foot Grandt ML XLH70 spinning rod ;D)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Sorry Dan no tube. The blood on the fish is my own. We won't discuss it. When I got the fish close to the boat I could see that my bait was entirely in it's mouth. My mono had wraped around it's jaw bone which kept the line from being cut by it's teeth. When I managed to get the fish in the boat, I held it's mouth open (injury occurs here) while Jason used the pliers to get my bait back. The fish had wraped the line around itself several times. When Jason handed me the bait I thought it was still attached to my line, so in the interest of getting it out of the way I threw it overboard. At that time he informed me he had cut the bait from my line because the fish was wraped. I had a blank look on my face as I peered overboard looking for my bait. Anyway we enjoyed the experience and are enjoying sharing the story and picture.

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Now THAT'S a fishing report!!!! ;D :o

I give you my GreatLakesBass.com fishing report of the week award for that much of your OWN blood on a fish!!!! Your next 10 posts are completely free!! ::)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Wolf_fisherman

First of all great catch Mad! And thank you for taking the time to revive and make sure she swam off strong. Some people(who's names will not be mentioned) would not have taken the time to revive her and make sure she swam off rather just let them float to die. Muskies are just as important in this lake as are the bass. Some bass anglers do not see this that way. They would rather see them not around at all. Complaining that they take their high dollar lures and ruin their equipment. I am a multi species angler that does actually care about all our species in the lakes and rivers. I have lost my fair share of lucky crafts and yozuris as well as homemade lures and i just chalk it up to the fun of the sport. Thanks again Mad and see you hope at the next DK Spring open.
Carpe Diem

djkimmel

There's no sense in being disrespectful to any fish that hits your lure. All the native, or at least species that have been in the water for a very long time, deserve their place in the overall system. Even the ones that try to take Dave's hand off!!

And I do try to avoid donating lures if it can be helped.

Wolf_fisherman

Thank you Dan. Thought I was only guy that felt that way. I have my fair share of scars from muskies and pike on my hands. 7 stitches was the worst. Just can't believe some anglers would not respect the fish in our lake and rivers just because they cost them money. There was a tourny I went to on lake st clair about 10 12 years ago and a southern state angler was complaining about the pike and muskies up here taking his tackle and saying that they are a pain in the ... . Told him if he didnt like it not to come back up here. Got a standing applause from a group of anglers on the docks.
Carpe Diem

MadWags

Your welcome.
All fish that I catch not intendedn for the table are revived and released unharmed.
Even the white drum. (sheephead)

djkimmel

I hope respect for nature is something as many people as possible get from this site. We can fish and hunt, and still show respect for fish, game and the outdoors.

I do think most anglers and hunters I meet feel that way too. If anyone does have a momentary lapse, sometimes we need to point it out a little. And always lead by example. Especially when in a shiny bass boat.

Mojo

I do love it (non tournament) when they take my dinks like a dogbone and go for a run. One hting to remember when they arent hooked is you get one shot at netting them OR you drop tension OR  if they see the boat they'll let go. I have best luck leaving them lower in the water for a while and netting under them as you drag the fish across the bow. Fun stuff. Some of my buds bark about it, but I agree with you guys, it all comes with the fun of a MI fishing license.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

SethV

I am one of the guys that hates those blasted toothy things.  I won't bring them in the boat - usually it is a lost lure when I have a run in with one of them.  Where I come from fish aren't supposed to have teeth!   ;D

djkimmel

You probably better not go with me to Mexico this winter then... even the bass down there have sharper teeth. Skinned my thumb the first day!!

Wolf_fisherman

Apex Predators gotta love being on top of food chain!
Carpe Diem

djkimmel

Yeah buddy.... you should seen me seated before a large combo dinner of Mexican food... those enchiladas don't stand a chance!!!!! They know I'm the boss ;D