Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Trailer running lights

Started by Dan, July 02, 2009, 10:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Ok, I'm back with more boat issues, and as you already know, I am mechanically impaired, but educable. Last night I went to drive up north and checked the lights before I left and I had no running lights. I did have break lights and turn signals. I did try two different pig tails, round with flat four, and I also tried to clean off connections to no avail. Where do I start to trouble shoot from there? I'm assuming it's just one connector some place because I do have break lights and turn signals.  Thanks
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djmaclf

I have had that issue in the past.  I have a GMC 1500, I had to replace a fuse under the hood to resolve the issue.

Dan

I checked the fuses inside by the door panel and they looked fine, but I didn't even know I had fuses under the hood. I have a Silverado 1500. I am going to check it in the morning.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

TheFishinPollock

Had exactly the same problem a few times. IT's as simple as regrounding the wires and checking where the trailer wires go through the trailer .  I would bet cash money the insulation is missing and allowing the bare wire to contact the trailer frame somewhere . Thus causing an open ground.   

Matt 
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Dan

I still haven't tried to run down the problem yet. Too many other projects to tend to and company to attend to as well. Good advice though and I'll be running it down first thing tomorrow. Thanks Matt.

TheFishinPollock

Any time Dan. You guys have been more than helpful to me on many occasions.   By the way. Where are ya headed to up north?  If your in my area . Give me a jingle  at 231 264 8250 and we might be able to get together to do some smally whackin.

matt
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Dan

I have a cabin on a lake north of Baldwin. We've had it for about 25 years. It's a small 240 acre lake, but I have a secluded piece of property with no neighbors on any side. Cabin isn't much but it's enough for our needs and we are slowly improving it.
My trailer lights turned out to be a fuse under the hood. Replaced it today and they work! I wonder if I have a short somewhere though so that when I put the trailer in the water it's going to blow the fuse. We'll see I guess. Hopefully, I'll have some more time to fish soon. My mother-in-law lives with us and is 86 and someone needs to be with her pretty much all the time now. However, she may be going to spend a month down at my wife's sister's house. That will enable us to hook up the boat and put the camper on and head up to the TC area to do some fishing. Missed the spawn again and I took this year off tournaments with a goal to get up to the Bay for a week of bed fishing. Next year.
Thanks again for the advice on the trailer lights.

Take care,
Dan
teardropbass.com