Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Carrot stix, anyone?

Started by fowlmouth, June 25, 2009, 07:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadWags

Proof of what Josh.
All I said was read the warranty. ::)
If it is at the discretion of the retailer it will say so.
Then you will have your proof.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Big dreams

Quote from: bassassasin88 on June 27, 2009, 02:24:44 PM
I would love to have a set of carrot stix. Sweetest looking rod I have ever seen. Bass Pro Shops carries them if you have not held one yet. Personally this winter I plan on getting a few of the Falcon BuCKOO rods. They just came out. [REMOVED - see No Links Policy List] carries them, and they are only 99.00-109.00$. Made in America. Fuji hardware. Same style as the carrot stix, but they are all black. You may want to check those out as well. I also heard that the St Croix Mojo rods are nice.

Thank you for pointing out a rod still made in America.  I just found out the "All American" Johnny Morris sent his rods to China for production.  What a joke.  

LipRip

I was told by the baitshop owner that i goto that st.croix shipped there production overseas..........another one bites the dust. I still love st.croix!

BryanP

St Croix only shipped production of some product overseas. 

I can tell you that manufacturers don't just simply ship production overseas to increase profits, as many would like to believe.  Doing business overseas isn't always the easiest and there are lots of variables that can cause major headaches such as longer lead times and containers getting held up in the ports for inspection, among other things.  Most of the time, companies end up moving production overseas so they can continue to produce products at a price that we the consumers want to pay or can afford, while remaining competitive in the marketplace with other products of similar features/quality/price.  Material costs continue to increase along with labor costs, and often the only solution to maintain competitive prices is to move production to places where labor costs are less.  Even the Japanese companies are doing this.  In fact a lot of your extreme high end Japanese rods and baits are manufactured in Korea.  If you look at some of your Shimano reels, they've started manufacturing certain reel models in Malaysia whereas the same model 3-4 years ago was made in Japan.  Are they any worse quality?  No.  In fact, if I hadn't mention that, many would probably never have realized it.  I know I didn't. 

Big dreams

Made in USA
>
> Legend Xtreme
> Legend Elite
> Legend Tournament
> Legend Ultra
> Legend Inshore
> Legend Surf
> Avid
> Avid Inshore
> Premier
> Premier Surf
> Wild River
> Tidemaster
>
>
> Imported
>
> Triumph
> Triumph Surf
> Triumph saltwater
> Mojo Bass
> Rio Santo fly (right now they're still built in Wisconsin)
> Mojo Surf (right now they're still built in Wisconsin)
> Imperial fly (right now they're still built in Wisconsin)
>
> Ice rods
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Dan
>
> Dan Levra
> Customer Service, Order Center
> St. Croix Rods
> 856 N 4th Ave
> PO Box 279
> Park Falls, WI  54552
> 1-800-826-7042 ext 114

I just got this email today 2-9-10.  I believe the imported rods are made in Mexico.

LipRip

Its just what I was told..................apparently I'm half right!!

champion_206

Quote from: MadWags on July 15, 2009, 06:50:40 AM
Bottom line is, save your money on this one. I always had my reservations on this thing since I first set eyes on it. The whole carrot fiber thing is a joke if you ask me. I hate orange as a color anyways. Like many other companies, once they get their foot in the door they build em cheap or overseas to make more money and then when they come back in droves on warranty they stop honoring warranties. Boyd made the right decision.
Right decision ? ya to start his own Co. and went to China and his rods will be made there, well I guess thats the American way anymore, cheap labor=junk product  Bassmaster Elite Series angler Boyd Duckett, the 2007 Bassmaster Classic champion, announced recently that he has established an Alabama-based company that will produce innovative, high-end fishing rods that introduce microguide technology.

The new company, Duckett Fishing LLC, will manufacture rods that were created and tested by industry-leading designers and professional anglers. The team includes renowned rod designer Ken Whiting and former E-21 (Carrot Stix) executive Sean Schuyler.

According to a press release, the ultra-lightweight rods – called MicroMagic – offer unmatched sensitivity and, because of the rods' microguides, will allow anglers to significantly increase their casting distance and accuracy.

Duckett will use MicroMagic rods competitively beginning in February at the 2010 Bassmaster Classic. He added that other pro anglers will soon join Duckett Fishing's pro staff.

"I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this venture," he said. "What we're doing at Duckett Fishing is making rods that take existing technology to a whole new level. What we've done with microguides is extremely special and ahead of the curve.

"We developed these rods by getting a lot of input from custom rod builders who know what they're doing. Then we combined that with the best kind of research and development – on the water testing by pro anglers."

He said the rods will be available online through the company website, www.duckettfishing.com, and will be in retail stores next year.

Earlier this year, Duckett severed ties with E-21 primarily because of what he described in a July 2009 news release as concerns "about the general quality of the rods being made and how warranties are being honored." He claimed that the rods weren't being produced as they were initially designed.

The split with E-21 prompted the decision to create his own company.

"This is the right thing to do. We have assembled a terrific team and we're hitting the ground running. We'll have some exciting announcements over the next few months, but what is so significant is we finally have full control of quality and production and can offer the public innovation that's not purely profit-driven."

(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

bassassasin88

The new Duckett rods are white. Pretty cool.

Big dreams

I just can't bring myself to buy anything from China (or any other foreign country) given our current economic state.  I have been checking out Grandt rods and they seem like the cats meow.  I was paying close to $200 for Johnny Morris Sig Series at BPS (Made in China).  Grandt rods have an unconditional warranty and is made in the USA.  The price is about the same as well!  This can not be beat.

champion_206

Quote from: Big dreams on February 11, 2010, 10:10:07 AM
I just can't bring myself to buy anything from China (or any other foreign country) given our current economic state.  I have been checking out Grandt rods and they seem like the cats meow.  I was paying close to $200 for Johnny Morris Sig Series at BPS (Made in China).  Grandt rods have an unconditional warranty and is made in the USA.  The price is about the same as well!  This can not be beat.
I wish everyone had your attitude, worry about US and NOT buy these foreign products and maybe those CO's would move back to the US. we need a huge boycott
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Waterfoul

Quote from: champion_206 on February 12, 2010, 08:57:30 AM
I wish everyone had your attitude, worry about US and NOT buy these foreign products and maybe those CO's would move back to the US. we need a huge boycott

Never gonna happen.  Simple as that.  Many Americans can't afford some American products and are more or less forced to buy the cheaper foreign products.  Try this... check the door jamb sticker on your vehicles and tell us what % content is American?  Where was the vehicle assembled?  To say "buy American" simply isn't possible any more where most products are concerned.  Boycotting would put more Americans out of work than you realize (many of your largest retailers for example).

Shimano still has over the counter warranty.  But as stated... it's up to the retailer (as a former retailer for Shimano I always honored over the counter if I had the product in stock).  I talked to the area Shimano rep not all that long ago and he confirmed this for me.  I recently brought a snapped rod to the Outdoorsman in Jenison and they honored the warranty on the spot.  Had to order the rod only because he didn't have it in stock. 
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

1javelin

Buy custom, that's almost always guaranteed to be made in America, unless you travel overseas a lot!!!  If that's the case, you can afford to buy whatever you want :o

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

champion_206

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 12, 2010, 09:14:06 AM
Quote from: champion_206 on February 12, 2010, 08:57:30 AM

Never gonna happen.  Simple as that.  Many Americans can't afford some American products and are more or less forced to buy the cheaper foreign products.  Try this... check the door jamb sticker on your vehicles and tell us what % content is American?  Where was the vehicle assembled?  To say "buy American" simply isn't possible any more where most products are concerned.  Boycotting would put more Americans out of work than you realize (many of your largest retailers for example).

Shimano still has over the counter warranty.  But as stated... it's up to the retailer (as a former retailer for Shimano I always honored over the counter if I had the product in stock).  I talked to the area Shimano rep not all that long ago and he confirmed this for me.  I recently brought a snapped rod to the Outdoorsman in Jenison and they honored the warranty on the spot.  Had to order the rod only because he didn't have it in stock. 
I was employed with GM for 32 yrs, seen many door stickers and where parts are made, its just to bad this country has gone to sh** and theres no fair trade, no tariffs on cars, but thats how business operates, build cheap, sell high, sad because you know we have the technology and workers who could do these jobs that are and were shipped overseas.

bassinman#1

I think I will take my rods and paint them orange and put a flexible clearcoat on them. Then everyone will think I have 14 carrot stix. ;D :D ::)

Durand Dan

Actually buying American is easy, North American, South American and Central American! ;D Buying US made is the hard one to pull off.

Big dreams

I can understand the concept of American Built.  Companies such as Toyota are based in foreign countries but the vehicles seem to be built here.  The same goes for selling fishing supplies.  Bass Pro and Cabelas sell the stuff made overseas which in turn provides jobs for Americans.  realize it has to be this way to make the world turn however, like some of you have stated, we need some sort of tariff or trade agreement that helps US out a bit more.  I still can't believe Johnny Morris sold out.  Now I just found out that Lowrance is in Mexico!  Grrrr I wish I could take it back and get a Hummingbird!