Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 07:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Belleville

Started by dashaver63, June 06, 2009, 11:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Haven't seen any posts on Belleville, any reports? I might be heading up there in a couple weeks.

LAPORTE

Belleville is Belleville, Tourneys on Tue and Thursday. Give me a call Doug Im on the lake 3 days a week... ( and still suck) ...lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Skulley

Quote from: LAPORTE on June 06, 2009, 12:38:45 PM
Belleville is Belleville, Tourneys on Tue and Thursday. Give me a call Doug Im on the lake 3 days a week... ( and still suck) ...lol

Why do you go there???   ???  I have only been there once this year and the water was muddy.  The wind was howling.  Next time I think I'll go to Ford.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Hey BD, Doing well I hope ?

I choose to go there for the TNT tourney and had 29 boats last week. The Midwest Sportsman tourneys on Thursday had 6 boats last Thursday and paid around 275.00 for first place that inc. big bass as well. Thursday has a very good payout. Oh by the way I'm 3 miles from the ramp.... lol    thats why I go :-)   I figure if you can catch and do well on Belleville you can hold your own any place. My problem is I do not do well but have fun trying and learning...

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

fishon1219

Went to Belleville with McCarter on Saturday the 6th as we were trying some new things for the upcoming Midwest sportsman event on Sunday the 14th.

In the past I have done OK on belleville, but this event will bring out all of the studs soI wanted to find something good. We fished my normal pattern stuff for Belleville and we caught several fish with a few real nice Belleville keepers. We even managed a nice 3lb smallie that was weighed on my Xtools scale that is NIST traceable and certifed by the postmaster generals undersecratary's assistant to the mail room clerk's coffe fetcher.

Most fish came on the drop shot and the bigger fish came on a new in testing Nemesis product that I can't talk about yet as it is still under the prototype phase.

McCarter took a few pics of some some of the larger fish and all and all it was a good day on the lake with a good friend.

For the Midwest event I am predicting 12lbs to win.

Belleville is a good lake that will test any anglers skill and like posted previousley anybody can catch them on Clair and Erie. Lakes like belleville seperate the men from the boys.

See you all on Sunday.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Skulley

Quote from: LAPORTE on June 08, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
Hey BD, Doing well I hope ?

I choose to go there for the TNT tourney and had 29 boats last week. The Midwest Sportsman tourneys on Thursday had 6 boats last Thursday and paid around 275.00 for first place that inc. big bass as well. Thursday has a very good payout. Oh by the way I'm 3 miles from the ramp.... lol    thats why I go :-)   I figure if you can catch and do well on Belleville you can hold your own any place. My problem is I do not do well but have fun trying and learning...

Don L

No one really does well consistently on Belleville.  The ones that do, win the TNT Angler of the Year.  Being 3 miles from the ramp is the only reason I can think of for fishing there as much as you do.  And doing well on Belleville does not mean you will do well every where else however one could probably convince themselves of that.  I used to fish the TNT.  It was a fun tournament.  The new director is doing a great job with it.  If I could find a partner, I would probably start fishing it again.........or maybe not.  Talk to me around mid-July when the bite really gets tough out there.  I have been fishing Belleville for close to 20 years.  It is a lake where the fish are constantly on the move.  They are never in the same place two days in a row.  

Quote from: fishon1219 on June 08, 2009, 11:25:17 AM
Went to Belleville with McCarter on Saturday the 6th as we were trying some new things for the upcoming Midwest sportsman event on Sunday the 14th.

We even managed a nice 3lb smallie that was weighed on my Xtools scale that is NIST traceable and certifed by the postmaster generals undersecratary's assistant to the mail room clerk's coffe fetcher.

Belleville is a good lake that will test any anglers skill and like posted previousley anybody can catch them on Clair and Erie. Lakes like belleville seperate the men from the boys.

So what do you mean by this?!?!?  I take it that you don't like me and are taking cheap shots at me.  I remember you telling me that you don't like me a few years back at Crocker and I had never even met you before......and I came up to you to introduced myself because you had a GLB sticker on your truck. So how is it you don't like someone when you really don't know them???   ???  Must be that lasting first impression I made being polite and mannerly.  Sorry I can not say that about you (good or bad)  Fishon1216, as I have only met you once and don't know you like maybe some of the other guys do on this post.  However, I do know when I am being dissed. 

BD                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

I've always done well at Belleville, and have always been able to find fish consistantly in the same places every year. My club fishes up there a couple times a year and I usually come up with about a 12 to 14lb limit. Come down to Ohio and fish some of my lakes if you think Belleville is tough, we always have a great time up there.

McCarter

BD

any chance you are mistaking.kev for someone else?  he is not the type to say anything like you claim especially to someones face.  i have known him for a few years now and have never seen him do anything close to what you are describing.  and how did his post have anything to do with you?  

McCarter himself

MadWags

LOL! Dog! What's up? You feeling ok? Seems you have been a little grumpy lately. ;)
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Lightningboy

I'd have to say I'm reasonably consistent on Belleville; I religiously fish Tuesdays and have done so for several years now.  Great group of guys both running it and fishing it.  I haven't won AOY yet, but have finished in the top five for the last five years.

When it's hot & on the upswing, Belleville can be awesome.  Best bag I ever had was 17# with BB 6-1.  But Belleville seems to be on a downturn right now.  Got a lot of things goings against her.  I don't think there has been a strong year class for a couple of springs now;  you don't catch a number of the same size bass other than those just under 14.  That's more a sign of overfishing, something that's prevalent at Belleville.  It's been rated by the DNR as the 5th most heavily used lake in the state.  Many of those visitors are catch & keep fishermen.  No offense, they do have a right to do so.  But it's become land of the 2 pounders.  There are some 3+ caught, but not with the regularity of past seasons.

There is a change going on there though.  Belleville seems to be clearing somewhat; many surmise zebra mussels.  She still gets muddy from high winds and boat traffic, but clears if left alone.  Nothing like the count on it chocolate milk of years past.  Be interesting to see how the lake changes in the next few years.

Belleville is a true resevoir.  After spring spawning the fish will move based on the shad present.  Unlike other natural lakes, Belleville is in constant flux based on water clarity, water flow, weather, etc.  The bass move based on seasonal prey, and daily based on water conditions.  You need to know where based on time of year, and how based on daily conditions.  If you're a one trick pony, Belleville will kill you regularly.

That's what makes Belleville a regular stop for me.  Besides being near my house (20 minutes, from hitching to in the water), Belleville makes you experiment and adapt.  I don't feel intimidated by any water I face anymore after having fished Belleville now.  Fish movement anywhere makes sense if you know a few details to help put together the puzzle.

Weather as of today is calling for 75 & mixed sun/clouds.  If it turns out to be a sunny day, be aware that your spot may turn to mud city.  Make sure you've got a plan B .

Skulley

Quote from: McCarter on June 08, 2009, 03:52:50 PM
BD

any chance you are mistaking.kev for someone else?  he is not the type to say anything like you claim especially to someones face.  i have known him for a few years now and have never seen him do anything close to what you are describing.  and how did his post have anything to do with you?  

McCarter himself

It had something to do with me when I was questioning the weight of the bass caught on Kent with being 5lbs.  If you read that post you will see where I say "Every fish is 5lbs until it is weighed on a scale" or something to that effect.  And the day I introduced myself to him at Crocker, he said something like "Oh you're UAWBigDog, I remember reading some of you stuff and not agreeing with you and we have had some words on the board and I don't care for you."......or something like that!!!  Why don't we say he wasn't very cordial AT ALL!!!  It was maybe three years ago ??? or something like that.  I didn't say anything to him and just walked away.  I am not looking for any trouble no matter where I go however I am a very opinionated man and one does not have to agree with my viewpoint however one doesn't have to be that standoffish either.  "Standoffish"....I wonder if that's a real word.  Oh well, I think I have made my point here.  At that point I just choose to avoid any kind of confrontation at my age.  I am too old to play "high school" games with anyone.

I feel also insulted in a manner that I fish Erie and St. Clair more than anywhere else so I took exception to the "separates the men from the boys" statement also.  I have fished Belleville since the mid 80's......so for 25 years plus I have been going there and fishing the TNT there.  I remember when Roger Bentley, Tim Katona, and Mr. Strickland started that trail.  It was one of the best back then and the new director has done a great job bringing it back to where it was back then.  I think his screen name on the forum is champion206 or something like that (plus he is a Union Brother of mine).  I don't want to use his real name here although I have seen where he has posted that.  

I am not mistaking fishon1216 at all as his GLB decal has his screen name on it so there is no mistake.  I haven't seen the guy since then however I have seen his truck at Belleville from time to time when I have gone to fish there for fun.

Quote from: MadWags on June 08, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
LOL! Dog! What's up? You feeling ok? Seems you have been a little grumpy lately. ;)

I am feeling fine.  I guess I took that post a little more personal than maybe I should have.  I apologize for that.  Now admitting ones faults in my opinion separates the men from the boys.  He may not remember that first meeting but I don't forget when I am being dissed especially when I was trying to build a new friendship and maybe a new comoradarie with some one who uses the same site I do and we all have our love for bassfishing in common here.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

cant we al just get along?

::)

i love each and everyone of you like red headed step children ;D

McCarter himself :-\'

Skulley

Quote from: McCarter on June 12, 2009, 11:13:55 AM
cant we al just get along?

::)

i love each and everyone of you like red headed step children ;D

McCarter himself :-\'

I think we are all getting along just fine!!!!   :o         ::)

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

GEEZ! All I wanted was a report on Belleville. My Bad!

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on June 12, 2009, 07:30:11 PM
It's all good. :)

It most certainly is!!!    ;D   :D   ;)    :)   ........unless your ebond....and then it's a waste of time.   ;)

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com